Vortex~The first time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shots, I really like the backgrounds you use, the purple velvet is perfect for bud shots. What do you use to take such close up pictures, macro mode, but no blur?

Subcool, in your indoor shot, it shows the plant with a clear, wide "V" shape. How do you do this without getting any split in the middle? I have had three that I tried hard not to pull too tightly, but eventually, the "V" split and I had to tape it together again. It didn't seem to stress the plants a lot, nor slow down budding, but I just wondered how you do this and NOT get the splitting I got.

:yeahthat:

Me too... I'm doing a similar LST and I just had a mainstem split in flowering and my plant spat out two nanners and then grew to the end without another nanner in sight...

:holysheep:

Thanks!:)

Tact said:
Great shots, I really like the backgrounds you use, the purple velvet is perfect for bud shots. What do you use to take such close up pictures, macro mode, but no blur?

I shot with a Nikon D-50 and D-80 using a Sigma 105 mm Macro lens and a sigma ef-140 ring flash.

mojavemama said:
Subcool, in your indoor shot, it shows the plant with a clear, wide "V" shape. How do you do this without getting any split in the middle? I have had three that I tried hard not to pull too tightly, but eventually, the "V" split and I had to tape it together again. It didn't seem to stress the plants a lot, nor slow down budding, but I just wondered how you do this and NOT get the splitting I got.

Thats a picture sent to me by a fan who obviously has bondage down.
Its just a matter of working the plant a bit each day and the fact Vortex is quite bendy. You can always repair a split cross section with wire if ya break one.

Sub

Sub...man thanks for posting this...it definately gives us an idea of what to expect.

I to wish all breeders would just throw down some seeds and document their grows, but it seems more and more alot of them would just like to tell us what they would like us to believe. some of them, I'm sure would not be selling many beans if they let us see the truth up front.

Thanks for shareing the info man!

Now I wish I popped the Vortex instead of the Querkle...lol...all in due time.

by the way I have 6 out of 6 germed.

LF dude, i germed 4 vortex seeds...all 4 germed and are happy. thanks sub...future MVP, lol

I will do querkle next and you will be happy u started her :)

About a year later I decided to look for a breeding male in Vortex so we started 20 seeds and this is that story.

StartV.jpg

StartV2.jpg

StartV3.jpg

Vortes.jpg

Vortes3.jpg

younguns4.jpg

younguns3.jpg

younguns2.jpg

younguns.jpg

At the time I was spending a good bit of time in a chat room at another site
I thought it would be fun to name all the plants after members and watch as I culled em and also people would route for there favorite

Here are 12 of the 20 plants

vnames.jpg

vnames2.jpg

vnames3.jpg

vnames4.jpg

vnames5.jpg

vnames6.jpg

vnames7.jpg

vnames8.jpg

vnames9.jpg

vnames10.jpg

vnames20.jpg

vnames19.jpg

legalize_freedom said:
Sub...man thanks for posting this...it definately gives us an idea of what to expect.

I to wish all breeders would just throw down some seeds and document their grows, but it seems more and more alot of them would just like to tell us what they would like us to believe. some of them, I'm sure would not be selling many beans if they let us see the truth up front.

Thanks for shareing the info man!

Now I wish I popped the Vortex instead of the Querkle...lol...all in due time.

by the way I have 6 out of 6 germed.
lf YOU MENTION QUERKLE AND THEY GUY DELIVERS!!!

loolagigi said:
sub, is that a dwc clone i see in pic 4?

That was Jilly running a Space Queen clone but it was attacked later by PM and it caused a huge argument between us. It just raised the humidity to much and I cant have my rooms infested with pm.

Sub

I got really busy and a ridiculous time passed between me loading them and the next time I took pics.

Here come the buds

Sub

girlsmost.jpg

fullroomV.jpg

Believe it or not these are not the same plants shot over and over but each pic is of a different female.

See why I said this is a good Line?

Vortextowers5.jpg

Vbuds.jpg

Vbuds2.jpg

Vbuds3.jpg

Vbuds4.jpg

Vbuds5.jpg

Vbuds6.jpg

Vbuds7.jpg

Vbuds8.jpg

Vbuds9.jpg

Vbuds10.jpg

Vbuds11.jpg

hey sub, how long will it take for vortex to show its sex in veg on average?

I can pick the males generally by day 45 of veg.

This is the last fine on this run. I couldnt really pick one over another so I just kept the plant labeled SuperRV and thats the same one I run today the rest of the clones were passed to medical growers .

Picture 002 (Medium).jpg

Picture 003 (Medium).jpg

Picture 004 (Medium).jpg

Picture 005 (Medium).jpg

Picture 007 (Medium).jpg

Picture 012 (Medium).jpg

Picture 013 (Medium).jpg

Picture 014 (Medium).jpg

Picture 015 (Medium).jpg

Picture 016 (Medium).jpg

Picture 019 (Medium).jpg

For plants that wilted many times during there 8 weeks budding and only in a small 2 gallon container I was impressed and ended up with jars and jars of killer.

Picture 021 (Medium).jpg

Picture 024 (Medium).jpg

Picture 025 (Medium).jpg

Picture 026 (Medium).jpg

Picture 029 (Medium).jpg

Picture 030 (Medium).jpg

Picture 034 (Medium).jpg

Picture 035 (Medium).jpg

Picture 037 (Medium).jpg

Picture 038 (Medium).jpg

Picture 039 (Medium).jpg

Notice no naners or wierd growth patterns and if your not paying attaention we only got one male and that project was scrapped until later when I a med grower start another 20 and his ratios were much more normal. I seem to have a curse finding males.

Picture 040 (Medium).jpg

Picture 041 (Medium).jpg

Picture 043 (Medium).jpg

Picture 045 (Medium).jpg

Picture 046 (Medium).jpg

Picture 049 (Medium).jpg

Picture 050 (Medium).jpg

Picture 051 (Medium).jpg

Picture 052 (Medium).jpg

Picture 054 (Medium).jpg

Latest posts

Back