Warfish's first real grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fruity, your right, there really is nothing like growing your own :) I think I start to get a buzz just from loading one up knowing I grew it myself, hehe!

dfw, I think what I will do is just keep the clones from the WW in 1 gl pots and start them on flower early just to see what they do. I have divided my room into 10 grow areas, (I increased the overall size to 8'X4' and am adding a 600W hps) each one a touch over 3 sq ft. Each area will have either 1 5 gl pot or 4 1 gl pots. I think I will use one area with the 4 clones.

subcool, Thanks for stopping in :) I really dont have much to compare this harvest too on sticky wise, but I can tell you that it was a pain to trim this top from the early WW, not cause there was alot of leaf but because I had to stop and clean the leafs off the pruners on every other cut it was soo sticky. The bud has a nice fruity taste through my vape. But when I tried some in a pipe today, the aftertaste is heavy heavy hash flavored, very potent.

Here is a pic of what I'm puffing today. The lil nugs in the front are LA Conf x Skunk from my monster can grow the bigger bud in back is from the White Widow #1 and the keef is from Northern Lights.

todaysselection.JPG

:ciao:
came out with some nice nugs there warfish. i can't wait til my sandbox is full again like yours.. :rolleyes:

nice job warfish. yeah that really sucks when that damn resin crap binds up your shears...lol i do like the nice tight trim job yah gave her. no uncontrollable bushy ones.

dfw, Thank you:) I like a very clean trim on my buds when I puff so I did spend a good deal of time on the trimming part :D Now I have a big paper bag full of the sugar leaves for a try at some hash, hehe!

hash hash hash wot more could you want if you dont like it send it this way i love it:D

fruity, I got my first real taste of scissor hash recently. What a nice reward for a long day of trimming, hehe! :)

Well, it's harvest time in my garden this weekend :D I am about 2/3 of the way done with cutting and trimming but thought I would take a short break to post some pics of the end of the grow :) I will take pics of the completed harvest after it is all cut and trim tomorrow.

First is an LA Confidential x Skunk (Yes it really is as yellow as it looks, hehe)
Next is a White Widow - She will probably yield the most.

All the rest are of another White Widow that turned fall colors for me :) I did hold one back that I may add to the BPOTM contest :eek:

3-06laconfxskunk.JPG

3-06WW2.JPG

3-06ww3.JPG

3-06ww3bud.JPG

3-06ww3bud2.JPG

DSC00875.JPG

DSC00905.JPG

WOW, very exciting times in the warfish camp this weekend:farm:
You WW with the lovely color is a real beauty.
Thanks for the pics....
Looking forward to your next report. :D

damm warfish you like hash wot a bummer i cant have it enjoy my friend

Damn WF, that NL looks amazing. I hope mine turn out as nice as yours did
You need to tells us how she tastes :)

OHC, thanks for the comment on the WW :) I really like the color as well, and the nugs she produced are very nice too! hehe

Tact, thanks man :)

fruity, I wish I could share some of the hash with you, it's always better puffing with friends :)

Smokey, The early smoke report on the NL is a nice sweet flavor with a hammering couch lock high :D She is my before bed smoke.

It's almost time to close out this journal I guess. I need to wait another week or so before compiling a smoke report to give the herbs more cure time.

While I know I could have and should have yielded more, I do feel that I learned tons along the way. Of the many mistakes I made the biggest one was a week 4 heavy flush and then not getting back on the nutrients hard enough directly after. This caused an early fade in my crop and stunted late growth, although made for great crystal production :)
The next biggest mistake I made was not adjusting the nutrient levels to each plants needs. I severely underfed my LA Conf x Skunk in doing so through the whole grow. The other mistakes where mostly just minor ones or stoned manuevers such as watering a plant or two before realizing I had not set the PH yet.

All in all I do have to say this grow was a success. It looks as though I will have enough bud to last until the next grow, and the quality is far superior to anything that I would ever be able to regularly purchase. What more could I ask for in my first good genetics grow :D

Here are a couple pics of the buds drying and then in jars

DSCI0003.JPG

injars.JPG

Just for you, OHC :) I went and weighed my stash, hehe!

WW #3 = 42 grams
WW #2 = 43 grams
WW #1 = 40 grams
NL #1 = 28 grams
NL #2 = 23 grams
NL #3 = 28 grams
LA Conf x Skunk = 48 grams

So it looks like 9 ounces. I am the only one puffing from this stash for the most part, other than the occasional friend stopping bye. So I think it will last me 6 weeks until my next batch is harvested :D

very nice warfish,, grow came out really nice!
what exactly did you dry your buds on?
Almost looks like those can go together somehow.

nice grow warfish. holy hell warfish! you smoke 1.5 zips a week? anyhow,what are you running 2nd grow?

LHL i think those might be dehydrator racks.

lhl, dfw is correct. The trays are for a dehydrator. I didnt dehydrate the buds, but the trays did make for a nice 2nd dry spot after some hanging :)

dfw, I was puffing about 1 zip a week before I started harvesting this good stuff. I think I am well under 1 per week now. It's just that after 20 plus years of always wondering where my next bag will come from I wanted to have more than enough so I can remove that worry from my life, hehe :)

2nd grow is a ceres seeds Orange Bud, an OG18 x Skunk, a Kushberry x Skunk, and an LA Conf x Skunk all in 5 gallon buckets and vegged for 8 weeks. I had more males than I had hoped for so to fill the rest of the room on this cycle I have taken some cuttings from these and will be flowering out 12-18 1 gallon pots as well. Trying to plan it out so the room is cleared out 9 weeks from now for the Querkle and other subcool gear I have coming. I will germinate and veg them as soon as they arrive.

Warfish...man sorry it took me so long to get here...I hate being late to a party especially a harvest party! I was doing mine to and transplanting clones to flower, popping beans etc.

Dude you have nothing to be ashamed at with those yeilds! Them full jars are going to keep you happy for a long while! And them fall colors are beautiful!

I can't wait to see what you do with the new light....man don't sell yourself short...you've done a great job! Your only going to get better!!! That new light and more space is definately going to help, but experience is the best teacher. You make my first grow look like it took place on a short bus! Congrats brother...I always love to hear folks burning what they grew!

Next investment has to be bubblebags man! I hope your freezing all that trim!

Great Job bro...hopefully I can keep on top of the next one a little better! How the hell do you subscribe to a thread? I see folks saying they have subscribed...will that give you a heads upwhen ever it gets updated? I have a few here I would like to be reminded about instead of haveing to scroll through everything!....lol...you may want to PM me the answer...cause who knows how long until I'll see this again.

Again....phenominal job dude!

very good harvest warfish cant wait to see the next 1 finish my orange bud is at 22days now and has a hint of orange already i cant wait to try this 1 very good again warfish;)

Awesome thread, Warfish!!!
Congratz on your harvest. a zip a week ? Mostly by youself?? Of this good stuff??? I LOVE IT!!!
The ONLY downside that I have found from growing "exotics" is that, whenever I go over any friends house, there "bought" weed tastes like DIRT and doesn't do anything for me!!! (I TRY not to complain about it... heh, heh)
Once again, thanks much for this thread and I love your set-up!! (yup, even the drying "racks")

Latest posts

Back