Warfish's first real grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow are you embarrassing me! I wish I could invest in a good grow system,.. 7 weeks old or 7 weeks flower,... surely flower,... mine didn't do anything but continue to grow at 7 heck at 11 weeks old now,.. I do have them at a 16/8 light cycle because I thought they still look weak compared to yours,..... or am I babing my girls?!,... Wow I'm just impressed!

Cyrstal, The big girls in 5 gallon pots where vegged for 6.5 weeks and now at 5 weeks of flower. The ones at 7 weeks of flower where a few extras I had from overplanting originally. The extras where sent to 12/12 early with much less veg time. All 3 of those where harvested yesterday, as I am making room for my veg tent that arrives today :) I still have the 7 in 5 gallon pots.

Tact, lol at the Biggest Loser season one comment :)

LF, I am happy you stopped in to look, it really sets my mind at ease more knowing she is looking fairly normal :D I would really hate to mess her up now after coming this far :)

I started the girls on Gravity last night. The first feeding was just molasses and gravity with normal watering, as I had fed nutrients last watering. I raised the lights a bit as per the directions.

My new tent arrives today (for vegging) so to address the electrical issue I ran a new outlet to the grow room from a 20 amp breaker that is soley used for the grow room now. I plugged the 1000w lamp into that one. I will still be splitting the load between 2 breakers though for peace of mind.

I am happy to report that I am now sitting on about 3/4 of an ounce of super good smoke from the one gallon pots, weee!!! 2 where Northern Lights and one was White Widow. They didnt yield alot, but most of there grow until the last 3 weeks was under a 100W hps bulb. The last 3 weeks under the big lamp and with a couple doses of gravity really fattened up the nugs that where there though :) All that good pot is probably why I am rambling on today, lol :)

damn warfish sorry i missed this until now! looks like yah got it under control. so that la con is a lil skunky...lol. yeah my tent right now has hints of skunk but mainly kelp/fishy smell which akwardly i kinda like it. go gravity go! plz give a full report come harvest. hard to do but it will be worth it.

:ciao:
Looks like you done this before warfish.. looks stony & tasty! :aok:

Congrats on the 3/4 oz harvest - more to come from the looks of those ladies. Maybe I should look into this gravity for next go round?

dfw, Thanks for stopping in :) I will do my best to compile a decent smoke and yeild report on my girls :D

ishnish and fruity, Thanks for the kind words :)

OHC, It was Legalize Freedom who turned me on to the gravity. He swears by it after he used it on a strain he knew very well and had his best results ever with it. All I know is, I love the dense nuggets, hehe :)

Got my veg tent set up last night. Need to do transplanting today on my clones and seedlings into 1 gallon pots for it. I am not convinced yet that there will be no light leak problems though :confused: We will see.

war, you do all the experienced growers proud by how well you did on your first grow. Had I been that successful I would have been shouting it from the rooftops. Way to go, Warfish. You have the right attitude, and you never stop studying. You have my profound admiration!

Good luck on the tent!!! Picture, Picture??? I'm salivating. I had to give up my last guest bedroom for my vegging plants.

Keep up the great work Warfish! You're a real inspiration.

it has been a while since i looked in here and warfish, i gotta say congrats. you have some great looking plants there and they dont get that way without a good eye and alot of effort. good job, the smoke from that looks like it will be well worth the effort and wait. enjoy it. happy growing/smoking :).

MM, Your way too kind :) I definately made my share of mistakes along the way on this grow, hehe. Thank you much for the kind words ;)

ta2dguy, Thank you :) It has been way more work than I originally thought but the rewards are well worth it. Very gratifying to produce my own goodies :D

Been a bit since I updated. I have given the chop to one of the Northern Lights at day 45 and took the top of another NL plus a few odds and ends. So far I have removed 8 oz of wet weight from the garden.

The garden is yellowing up pretty good now at week 7. It no longer is the green lush garden it once was. So I had to go on a journey to find the beauty within on this phase of the grow. I came up with 2 pics that I like while searching my room.

First pic is of my LA Confidential x Skunk - it is getting dark, almost black edges to the leafs.

Second pic is of a White Widow - The leafs have been steadily going dark purple on her :)

Third pic is of a White Widow - Nothing too special on this one, I just like the massive colas, hehe :D

LAConfxSkunk2-26.JPG

WW3-2-26.JPG

WW2-2-26.JPG

Buuuudds! .....very not bad Warfish...lol sorry buddy really good trainwreck! Thanks fer the save doc.!

dfw, the trichs where mostly cloudy with some clear and an amber here and there. I wanted to take stuff at different times in an effort to figure out what my true preferences are. I am going to let the remaining 1.5 NL's go alot more amber before chop.

Speaking of amber though, my favorite WW that has been much earlier with every stage all the way through is getting very heavy amber already. The main cola is about 30% amber now at only 7 weeks. This pheno is soo much different than my other 2 WW's. There only at cloudy now with an occasional amber.

nice warfish i love the second pic it reminds me of autumn with those colours she is saping everything out of those leaves ypur in for a nice treat:)

that WW sounds like a keeper being so far ahead of the others. did u clone her or are u gunna reveg?

dfw, I did take some clones from her. I took 4 and had all 4 root up just fine, BUT they are growing all funky now :( Alot of one bladed fan leaves and 3 bladed fan leaves after 5 weeks or more of being rooted. I am not sure if I am going to keep them or not.

fruity, I really like the colors in that one as well :) I am watching her closely hoping that the colors amplify as she ripens more.

I took the top of the main cola from WW1, she weighed in at 28 grams. I really hope I can get the clones on this one to pull through. The bud is soo fruity tasting and solid as heck and the high is just what I was after. I have to be careful in the mornings now to make sure I drink more coffee before the first bowl or I can get destroyed for the day, hehe. I am honestly just not used to this good of quality herb on a regular basis.

nice warfish theres nothing like homegrown i to am a lover of my homegrown sticky:D

thats weird w/ those clones...dont know if id keep em either. maybe reveg her ;-) also sounds like someones got good bud on their hands.

I am sorry I missed this thread until now, you did a great job and updated often with lots of pictures my favorite kind of read to be honest.
Even though you faded do not worry it is the natural way of weed and even though it may have occurred a bit early IMO this type of harvest makes the stickiest best tasting buds.

I hope you find this to be true.

Sub

Latest posts

Back