white widow first grow pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgro1

Reaction score
This is my first grow. I did some research online and decided to go with a 44x28x76 box made out of 1/4 thick plywood. I have the walls painted white along with a 6mm painters plastic stapled and taped to the walls as well. I have a 400 watt hps light hanging 21 inches from the light and it stays at about 82 degrees. Im running at 18/6 light cycle and I am on day 9. I germinated the seeds in miracle grow seed started potting mix inside jiffy pots. Took about 5 days to sprout. I will be posting pictures quite frequently

box 2.JPG

017.JPG

022.JPG

0144.JPG

Looks good so far! I think you'll definitely have fun growing your own, its always good to see new people to the hobby! Goodluck with the Grow!

Phatpharmer

so i am on day 18...looks like a nitro deficiency...i added some miracle grow at 24-8-16...ph is at 7.0 temp is 82....they are now in 5 gallon buckets and still on 18/6

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

day 18.JPG

007.JPG

now on day 23...look much better after adding some nitro to it...still watering around every 2-3 days with 1.5 liters per 5 gallon bucket...ph still at 7.0 temp 82 and 400 watt hps at 21 inches....

002.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

back middle.JPG

day 28....switch to straight 24-0-0 on nutes now...shooting up real nice...looks like 3 females...not to positive tho....ph is still at 7.0 light hanging at 21 inches...temp around 82....smelling niiice. any feedback always appreciated as always...

plant 1.JPG

plant 2.JPG

pic 3.JPG

plant 4.JPG

my babies.JPG

pic 5.JPG

hairs.JPG

day 27.JPG

The PH in your soil is a little high if you ask me, the optimal range is 6.2 to 6.8 7.0 is to high! Other than that they look really good!

Phatpharmer

Looks great, plants look healthy and I can tell you are a Home Depot shopper.:D

Things are looking good so far. Miracle Grow ferts isn't really the best stuff to be using, though. You will have even better results if you use better nutrients. Fox Farms makes some very good stuff so you may want to consider looking into that. They look pretty healthy. I keep my 400 watt much closer than 21 inches. I keep mine within 10 inches of the plant tops and haven't had any problems. You may want to lower the light. How much longer are you going to veg them? They will double or even triple their size during flower so just be sure you're going to have enough room. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Now would be a good time to LST or top, if you dont want the single main cola and a bushier plant.

Or you could grow these out and remove some lower branches and grow single mega cola's.

And your plants look great.

Im worried about putting the light any closer because when i do the temp reads up to 88 degrees at the top of the plants...ill switch to 12/12 tomorrow morning...thanks for the help...

Everything looks like you did your homework. The only thing I wondered is whether or not you got holes in those buckets... I couldn't see anything for them to drain onto. I would guess you do, but you never know. Drainage is very impotant... that's right you heard me :)

ditch the miracle grow soil and nutes,
for soil you want your ph of the soil to be 6.5
i always water with it adjusted to 6.2-6.5 no higher
when the ph is too high like that your plant cant
uptake the nutrients your giving it properly.. imo

well i lowered it to around 15 inches and the temp is at 85 from the top of the plant....we'll see what happens...12/12 start tomorrow...and i went ahead and did buy foxfarms nutrients...thanks again..im sure ill be having 100's of questions throughout this grow...

yeah dont worry, questions are great
i find with growing after you learn a certain
amount, the rest comes only by experiencing it yourself

thedonofchronic said:
ditch the miracle grow soil and nutes,
for soil you want your ph of the soil to be 6.5
i always water with it adjusted to 6.2-6.5 no higher
when the ph is too high like that your plant cant
uptake the nutrients your giving it properly.. imo

What do you suggest using to lower the ph of that soil that little bit? i just tested my tap wtaers ph and it sits at 7.0. is it ok to just use ph down solution that you would use for a fish tank? what is the best type of soil i should be using? thanks a bunch for the info....

laylow6988 said:
Everything looks like you did your homework. The only thing I wondered is whether or not you got holes in those buckets... I couldn't see anything for them to drain onto. I would guess you do, but you never know. Drainage is very impotant... that's right you heard me :)
yea i drilled 5 holes in each bucket..it drains well...the bottom of my box has 2 layers of 6mm painters plastic which is now waterproof...the water drains to the bottom and sits which helps with humidity...humidity ranges from 47-55%.....

ok so i just did a soil test kit...looks like the ph is at 7.0...npk levels are all extremely high to...any suggestions? couple of the leaves are getting this dark wrinkly look also...the tips are also pointing down....:confused:

When I need to lower ph is I flush the plant with 6.2 ph'ed water, I do this with every watering and feeding until I get the soil to my desired level! I use Ph down from the hydro store its like 7$ around here! I hope that helps a little, I have found its easier to raise PH than to lower it, so be patient don't try to fix your problem all at once as you could cause more damage than good!

Phatpharmer

PS. The stuff I plant in is called Pro mix Bx I add 1 tbl spoon of dolomite lime and I never have Ph problems!

On day 33....i added 3 teaspoons of dolomite lime to each plant to try and lower the ph....i started lowering the ph of the water i use also...also cut back on the watering a little bit because they were looking a little water logged i think, which puts me at roughly every 3 days at 1.5 liters per 5 gallon bucket...as you can see there are now 4 plants...4/5 females...not to bad...i tried my hand at the cloning...i used shultz take root rooting hormone and put them in jiffy pots filled with organic seed starting jiffy mix soil...i ordered tiger bloom and big bloom by foxfarm...i should be able to start that on tuesday....all the npk levels are extremely high...not sure if i should flush the pots or just leave it alone....advice always appreciated....

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

024.JPG

026.JPG

027.JPG

028.JPG

Latest posts

Back