white widow first grow pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i added 3 teaspoons of dolomite lime to each plant to try and lower the ph....
if im not mistaken, dolomite lime is used to raise ph to a desirable more neutral ph. now rock phosphate, though a slow release i think, is used more to lower the ph. lime will raise ya ph but basically no higher than neutral levels, say 6.8-7.0.
so if ya ph of ya soil was 7.0 to begin wit the lime is prolly gonna only just keep it at that level imo.
anyone else got sum light on it all. liek said "if im not mistaken".
but wat phatfarmer said i think would be ya best bet. especially if ya npk levels are spiked up high as well. just flush wit ph'd water a lil lower than norm would proly work best i would say man.

but honestly i think 7.0 aint that bad for soil ph. personally all my pots are soil ph 66.8-7.0 and ive had no ph probs yet. "knock on wood" lol
another thing i did this time just yesterday when i mixed a new batch of soil for my clones etc. my ph was 7.4 so i added a tad bit of peat moss wich has a very low ph round 4.2 and thus brought it all down to where i wanted it.

zipflip said:
if im not mistaken, dolomite lime is used to raise ph to a desirable more neutral ph. now rock phosphate, though a slow release i think, is used more to lower the ph. lime will raise ya ph but basically no higher than neutral levels, say 6.8-7.0.
so if ya ph of ya soil was 7.0 to begin wit the lime is prolly gonna only just keep it at that level imo.
anyone else got sum light on it all. liek said "if im not mistaken".
but wat phatfarmer said i think would be ya best bet. especially if ya npk levels are spiked up high as well. just flush wit ph'd water a lil lower than norm would proly work best i would say man.

but honestly i think 7.0 aint that bad for soil ph. personally all my pots are soil ph 66.8-7.0 and ive had no ph probs yet. "knock on wood" lol
another thing i did this time just yesterday when i mixed a new batch of soil for my clones etc. my ph was 7.4 so i added a tad bit of peat moss wich has a very low ph round 4.2 and thus brought it all down to where i wanted it.

When you say flush does that mean i should wait for this next watering then just add a lower ph'd water as if i was watering normal or add 3 times the volume of my soil in water and flush it all out? also do you think it would be a good idea to wash out the nutrients like that since all my levels are real high? like i said i have big bloom and tiger coming tuesday....think i should add the peat moss? I think you might be right with the lime...since i added it already whats your suggestion?

Zip is right you supposed to use Dolomite Lime to raise PH not lower! If you want to lower your PH I found the best way is to flush (I pour water until I see it come out the bottom then i stop and let the plant suck up as much as it can in 1/2 hour and then I dump excess) with 6.2 water until I get the the desired soil PH, this might take a few times be patient you don't want to rush it as you might cause more harm than good! As for the peat its has a high PH I would'nt add it your ph is already alittle high!

If you find your soil to be to saturated with ferts you can buy stuff to clean your soil I use stuff called Floral Kleen it takes all ferts and salts built up and washes them out! Then you can start fresh with the next watering noing you soil isnt over loaded with ferts and unwanted salts! I hope this helps you out I really stoned and I hope this makes sense!

Phatpharmer

Thanks a bunch...i just ordered some florakleen online and hopefully i should get the ph adjustment solution the nutes and florakleen by tuesday...thanks for all the help...

No problem Mgro1 thats what we are all here for, to learn from each other and to enjoy the MJ community!

Phatpharmer

the peat its has a high PH I would'nt add it your ph is already alittle high!
hxxp://www.peatmoss.com/hortprog1.php
pH is a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a substance. The pH of different types of peat range from a very acid 3.6 to slightly alkaline 7.5. Two terms are used to describe the pH of peat. Low lime peats have a pH value below 5.0. These peats are usually calcium deficient. High lime peats have a pH above 5.0 and are usually calcium sufficient.

idk but everywhere i find online explainin the ph of peat moss especially spaghum peat it all says if no lime its usually a lower ph(acidic):confused2:

this site/forum they talk of lowerin ph of water in small ponds wit peat even.
hxxp://naturalaquariums.com/bb/index.php?topic=496.0
another link explainin same thing.
hxxp://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/soil/msg011202587188.html

Adding peat moss will provide the additional benefit of lowering the pH.
4th paragraph down- hxxp://www.dahlias.net/dahwebpg/Soil/Soil_07.htm

To LOWER the soil pH
(Translation: If your soil is too alkaline)
In this case, you need to add a source of acid. Options include pine needles, shredded leaves, sulfur, sawdust and peat moss. Pine needles are a good source of acid and mulch. Peat moss with a pH of 3.0 is often recommended as a soil additive. Before you use it though, consider the other options, because peat moss is nutrient-poor, expensive, and it's a nonrenewable resource.

hxxp://www.plantea.com/pH.htm bout all the way to bottom of page

On day 35. i tried my hand in building my own carbon scrubber...basically i took a 20x20 box fan and bought a 20x20 centrail air filter then poured active carbon in the ridges of the filter...after that i took the filter pad which i got int he central air department area at home depot and taped it on top of it to hold in the carbon...iused probably about 20 ounces worth of carbon...taped it to the front of the fan have it on the high setting and so far so good...it has eliminated all odors in my room so far...any input?

020.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

024.JPG

023.JPG

:holysheep: thats one hell of a mondo scrubber. i just got one them box fans an use it in my open door to my grow for blowin in air an ta get some air blowin under the girls skirts.:hubba:
i say if it does the job its a magnificent idea. watever works i say...
good idea:48:

ps. did ya get teh whole ph of ya soil deal fingered out?

workin on the soil right now...All the nutes i ordered online wont be here until thursday...I got the ph down florakleen and the big bloom and tiger bloom....i watered them one time with just some 6.0 water but im just waiting it out until thursday until i get all the good stuff....

the leaves are starting to look dark green and have this wrinkly look to them...the tips and edges are all pointing down now and on one the tips are yellow...also they are getting bunch up...should i prune them? if so where do i prune and how? any advice would be greatly appreciated right about now. Thanks.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

wats up mgro? do not prune anythin man.!!!!!!!!!! unless in worst case scenario if teh leaves are already definately dead. jmo.
but also how long has ya tips been yellow like that. yellow tips usually sign of nute burn. but if they been there for quite some time they wont repair an could have been from overnuting in the past.
hows the tips on the new growth look more so?
pic one dont look like its got any tip burn tho bro.
but just to clear up my suspicions of the over/under watering how often honestly do you water and how much and how big containers you got?

it looks to me like old nute tip burn in combination wit at current lack of N from the looks of the second to last pic but thats why i asked how long ya tips been that way. it may be old burn. once burned it wont get better imo. it usually stays .
but id hate to make a judgement call without them answers to ?'s i posted just now.
i do know that i have one particular plant that does look just exactly the same. she gots old nute burn on older leaf tips and new growth is fine but she does tis when shes thirsty. i got water her every other day not like every 3-4 days like others of diff strain. each strain is like a diff person. diff strokes for diff folks. mine im talkin bout is an only strain in my bunch too.
bot wats teh watering situatioon like first i'd have to ask.
also wit severe over nuting(burn) the tips of ya leaf blades can and do curl like the ram horn look as well.

cool no pruning...as for watering it seems that about 1.5 liters per 5 gallon bucket every 3 days is where im at and thats when it goes down to light moistness...a little run out the bottom when i do that...Its just the one plant that has a little yellow tip to it and is curling with it...prolly 4-6 days now..not to sure....the new growth is the same for that plant, small yellow tips curling...the other 3 are all dark green at the bottom and the tops new growth leaves are bright green but all are curling down with a wrinkly look to them...i bought florakleen that will be here thursday....should i just wait it all out and flush them thursday and start with the new nutes i got?

are you sure your lettin them dry out good between waterings.
sounds like they may be over watered along wit over nuted if the tips are burnin up yellow then for sure thats over nuting.

wat i would do. not to say its the right thing but personally id wait til they dry out good if your gonna flush them cuz if they ARE over watered then if you flush them its really gonna logg them up wit fluids man.
and depending on how ya soil mix retains moisture ....
i mean i use just a generic organic potting soil wit a scoop of peat moss to bring my ph down a tad and a hand full of some dolomite lime. and my plants are all in 1 gallon each of soil mix and i only water 2c.'s of water each watering every 3-4 days.
sometimes 5 days dependin on humidity in my grow too wil determie how quik they dry out as well.

alright day 37....Just got my nutes, ph down and florakleen in the mail....i just flushed out all the pots with water at 6.0 ph (with the florakleen also)....i did it until it ran off....ill be starting the nutes next watering....ill have some more pics in about 3-4 days when i need to water again...

i realized that about halfway down the plants werent getting any light at all since they were so bushy so i got two desk lamps from goodwill for 4 dollars total and two 150 cfl's for them and put them at the base of the plants...ill put some pictures up in a couple days...

The more light, the better. Add as many cfl's as long as heat doesn't become an issue. The plants do look like they have a very mild case of nute burn. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm also growing WW and I burned mine pretty good a couple times and they are just fine. Don't over-worry about the plants... You can kill them with too much care. In the end, they are just weeds. Just my thoughts. They look fine to me. Great work so far. Take care and be safe.

Yea I think its just the one plant that it showing signs of a burn...the rest were just water logged...since all the npk/ph levels were high i flushed them with florakleen 2 days ago...ill be starting a 1/4 strength tiger bloom and big bloom in the next watering...

now ya nipped her all in the rear on on ya way to better days man. :)
dont worry they'll repay you for all the stres you went thru over them too. lol they'll thank you every time you hold a flame to that doob or bowl.
good luck man.

Latest posts

Back