Why Have To Transplant At All

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman2009

Reaction score
I Am Shortly Going To Give Growing My Own A Shot. I Am Going To Have To Do It In A Closet I Have That Is In A Spare Bedroom Which Is A Junk Room. My Dimensions Are 3'8" Wide X 2' Deep X 7'10" High. Could Anyone Give Me An Idea About Lighting This Area. Ihave To Go As Cheap As Possible This First Time. Also One Other Quick Question That Has Puzzled Me As I Have Read About This For Weeks. If I Needed A Thread For This Just Tell Me But It Just Seemed Too Simple. When Growing Indoors Why Transplant At All. Everyone Seems To Do It. I Want To Just Plant It In A 5 Gal Bucket And Let It Be. Thanks For Any Help You Folds Can Give Me...sandman2009

ok you are going to need a minium of 5000 lumens per square ft ,,,i get ypur room as 27 sqft (i may possibly be wrong ) i think your best bet would be to go with a 600 hps for flowering

i use smaller pots to start my seedling in cause my veg room and so i dont over water them

If your room was 4 feet by 2 feet that would be 8 square feet which a 600 watt hps would be great, but you could possibly get by with a 400 watt hps for flowering.jmho

I think UKgirl420 might have been thinking of cubic feet, But I am not sure:)

you can use a mix of warm and daylight flourescents for the vegatating wich is very cheap running,i would get a 400/600 watt hps for flower :)

sandman2009 said:
I Am Shortly Going To Give Growing My Own A Shot. I Am Going To Have To Do It In A Closet I Have That Is In A Spare Bedroom Which Is A Junk Room. My Dimensions Are 3'8" Wide X 2' Deep X 7'10" High. Help You Folds Can Give Me...sandman2009

pc duck ,,,its 7ft 10 inches high and 3ft 8 inches wide ,,,,not 4x2

ill apologise in advance if im wrong again as im very stoned :p

UKgirl420: when computing square feet it is width X length. Height does not come into the equation unless you want cubic feet. No apologies necessary, I just wish I was stoned too. :)

UKgirl420 said:
its 7ft 10 inches high and 3ft 8 inches wide ,,,,not 4x2

Its is easier for me to multiply 4' wide by 2' deep than to multiply 3'8" wide by 2' deep thats why. :)

ok it helps to have plants in smaller pots until sex is determined cause it just helps w/ saving nutes, soil, & money. why waste 5g soil on a male? unless u r dealing w/ clones then go 4 the 5g buckets.

docfish has got it. growing tends to be in two stages: if you can't get fem clones, and have to grow from seed, then you need in your 8 sq ft to plant maybe 6 seeds.
I note your budget and suggest you could use a combined lighting system of a low-cost $20 HPS 150W lamp, make a reflector yourself; and 4 compact fluroescents of 23W or 26W each, to improve veg. You can use a single hanging socket for the CFLs, with first one "Y" converter plugged in, then two more "Y" convertors plugged in to that. Then plug the four lamps in. Put a mylar-lined lampshade - a large one - on the first hanging socket to reflect the light down. Hang the CFLs inches above the young plants.
Read the stickies for how long to veg, how to determine sex, and so on, but the idea is to get your two or three moms in the first grow, then to clone them - or reveg and then clone - so you could grow 4 good-sized plants in your second grow. You could start with just the CFLs and add the HPS after say four weeks. And don't forget to line everything with mylar or paint it flat white.

Thanks So Much Ukgirl420. Actually My Space Being 2' X 4' Which Should Be 8 Square Feet. What You Came Up With Was Cubic Feet. Boy I Hope I Don't Have To Light Up That Much. Your Opinon Was Much Appreciated

Thanks So Much Budisgud. I Really Like The Idea Of Using Those Less Expensive Lights. I Have Been Told You Could Do It All With Flourecents But The Yield Is About Half So I Guess I'll Have To Check It Out One Way Or Another.

Thanks Ukgirl420. You Are Right About The Width And Height So Maybe I Forgot To Say The Depth. The Depth Is Exactly 25" Which I Might As Well Call 2' For The Purpose I Thought. Pcduck Might Be Stoned But Since The Width Was 3'8" I Think I Just Said 2 X 4 For The Purpose Of Lighting But If I Need To Be More Exact Please Tell Me Cause I Have No Clue What I Am Doing. As You Can See With A Width Of 3'8" I Don't Know How I Am Going To Handle Installing 4' Flourecents. I Am A Bit Baffled About That At The Moment. Got Any Suggestions?

Thanks So Much Leafminer For Giving Me These Suggestions. I Need All Of This I Can Get. I Have Read Enough About This Thing To Be An Expert If That Was Possible But I Am Sure You Know Reading A Book And Talking To Someone With Experience Is A Different World. People That Have Done It Is Who I Trust So Thanks Again

ok sorry for the mislead info ,,,,still trying to understand it :rofl: thats why i should post while stoned :p

hey pcduck ,,,thanks for clearing that up and if i could i,d pass this to ya :48: lol

UKgirl420 Thanks for the pass. I guess a contact buzz will have to do. :)

Latest posts

Back