Worm compost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2small

Reaction score
I haven't posted in maybe a year as I only plant out doors. And, I should have asked a week ago. But anyway. I mixed 1/3 coco coir, 1/3 potting mix, 1/3 worm compost with some bone meal and lime. I had a few 8 plants in 2 post and now moved them into 8 pots, one for each plant. I used the mix I descibed and then top dressed with worm compost. After thinking about it does worm compost have too much nitrogen for the flowering process?

IMHO- I've never had worm castings do any harm. Not sure about worm compost.

I used something similar and a heads up- make sure you are using some cal/mag or epsom salts starting early. My Kush plants went from luxurious to giant yellow fan leaves quickly because I missed this. Coco changes/impacts the way magnesium is handled.

The other option would be to use some MJ specific food from the start- preferably one designed for coco/soil. I just started using Canadian Xpress in bloom and they are loving it.

I believe bat guano tea has the right stuff for blooming...

Ok, I do have some epson salt on hand and was actually thinking of ordering some bat guano. thanks guys

Latest posts

Back