Yet another new grower -Have a look

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was my bubble cloner you were looking at Hushpuppy. The foam is a think layer of foam called sill seal--it is a layer of foam that they use in new home construction to provide a cushion between the top of the foundation and the wooden footer. I think any thin foam you can wrap would work, this was just what I had on hand. I just cut strips and wrapped the stems of the clones to hold them in the 1" holes.

:p Thats' hilarious, i didnt think of that. Right, thanks HP - Hmm go figure be pretty not funny if i put a few in there and then couldnt get em out again.:eek:

I'll enlarge the holes in the lid and wrap the diameter of the straws, i must have something here. Good thing i asked first but it really only got assembled in 10 min. including searching for stuff, so not bad . At least i have one for when i need it. Thanks again.;)

I've seen your cloner THG , will model after yours.

:cool: Wow, i'm really enjoying watchin and learning as this plant matures. It was only days ago it seems that i couldnt see much change but then today, the hairs are turning quickly now. She must be workin hard, and yes i notice her starting to thin abit. Also, it has a wonderful clean, floral type smell. I would never guess what i was ,if i didnt know, not like MJ anyhow.
I just had to share, i love lookin at em. Also i fixed the cloner by widening the holes and cut some ear plug to fit around the straw and then expand t fit the hole.:)

Now that i understand what the plant is doing the yellowing isnt bothering me at all, adds character.:p

q1.JPG

q2.JPG

q3.JPG

Solanero said:
Now that i understand what the plant is doing the yellowing isnt bothering me at all, adds character.:p

:lama:

Solanero said:
Also i fixed the cloner by widening the holes and cut some ear plug to fit around the straw and then expand t fit the hole.:)

How are you going to get the straws off the stems after they have roots? I think you need to lose the straws altogether.

Plants are looking great!

The Hemp Goddess said:
How are you going to get the straws off the stems after they have roots? I think you need to lose the straws altogether.

Plants are looking great!

Thank you much, i figure if i get 'looks good' from you, thats' like a 'congrtats, have a cigar!' from most ppl. :eek: :p ;)

Oh, and i split the straws up the length already, but i was thinking of tossing the strawes and put in plastic tubeing from the hardware store, like for fish tanks but bigger.My spelling sucks today.

But many thanks for your help(s)

I don't know if this is the best place to ask all my paranoid lil questions as only the ones who visit will see it ,but i dont want to start another thread for my rambling ??
Anyhow, does anyone use that pc app called herb.IQ? I have it (blank still) and thought about using it but i do know that any medium prograamer could put in a line of code to access your database. Is this a concern??? I know alot of apps come preloaded with all sorts of nefarious stuff. Could be ,couldnt' it? So, has anyone else used this, to any end?

Solanero said:
Thank you much, i figure if i get 'looks good' from you, thats' like a 'congrtats, have a cigar!' from most ppl. :eek: :p ;)

Oh, and i split the straws up the length already, but i was thinking of tossing the strawes and put in plastic tubeing from the hardware store, like for fish tanks but bigger.My spelling sucks today.

But many thanks for your help(s)

Why use anything? Can't you just put the cuts in the earplugs that you used to hold the straws? The less the tender plants have to be handles the better.

And I said that your plants look great--better than good!

Yes, i see. Actually just after i posted that last time, i was thinkin, 'Why have anything but the plug?' Sounds like a better plan to just use the soft foam plugs, so straws&tubes are gone. I was just sorta programmed to think that way after reading all the diy posts.

I have been watching this plant from the beginning, and I think you have done a wonderful job of raising this poor, abused orphan. She looks fantastic, and your little clonr in bodage is perfect -- your a grower dude...

I'm still on a learning curve myself, and I don't know enough to offer advice, but I just wanted to congratulate you on what you have done. She is going to be tasty :)

I did get a 4ft. tent off of ebay for 122.50 with free shipping, and it came in four days.

HemperFi said:
I did get a 4ft. tent off of ebay for 122.50 with free shipping, and it came in four days.

Appreciate the info, but i have 1 better. There's a local dude around here who ads on kijiji. He's got various sizes but 4x4 is the smallest for 130Can no tx. He's where i got the 6" inline and cooltube both for 150$ Drove 10 min and pick it up. Easy peasy.
AND thanks a bucketfull for the kind words. I'm sure everyone remembers the first timer nerves. It means alot to hear such things , i mean we are ALL proud of our stuff, But its' not like you can show it off( other than here) so .:D :D

P.s. I'm not sure if 1 successful grow makes me a 'grower', but it sounds nice.

i used to live in the hammer, the creek and t.o. i dont miss the sht that fell from the skys (stelco, defasco) real bad.... good luck and green mojo

Solanero said:
Yes, i see. Actually just after i posted that last time, i was thinkin, 'Why have anything but the plug?' Sounds like a better plan to just use the soft foam plugs, so straws&tubes are gone. I was just sorta programmed to think that way after reading all the diy posts.

Now you're cooking!! And yes, you are becoming a great grower, keep up the good work!

:icon_smile: Caught a few snaps before the lights come on.

soldiers1.JPG

DSCI0006.JPG

DSCI0012.JPG

fallcolor1.JPG

I might as well use this post to see what opinions there are about feeding vs. not feeding in the last 2wks. of flowering. I am reading up on it now, but if there are opinions one way or the other i would like to hear em. It's getting close enough i'll have to decide what i am going to do in the next few weeks.

I believe that THG feeds right to the end( I think) which i have no prob with but being that i use chem nutrients might it be a good idea??

Boy those nare looking wonderful!

Yes, I feed up to harvest. I use chem ferts. The last couple of weeks is like running a marathon. It hardly seems fair to deprive my girls of food when I am asking them to put on bulk and weight.

So, you figure i should just carry on carryin on until harvest? No change in feeding? I water/feed at the same time ( weaker feed). I understand your reasoning ,and agree. Its' just thats' what i've always heard and been told. To stop feeding 2-3 weeks b4 harvest, that is. And Thank you

Ya know I used to think the same way. I always understood that if you allow the nutes to get used up(or flushed out) then you would get a harsh chem taste in the smoke. However my last run had to be pulled before we could flush or cut off nutes, and once it cured out completely, it tasted just as good as any that I have smoked, and it didn't have to cure all that long to achieve a good cure. The longer it cured the better it tasted, and the smoother it was.

Well, that settles that, then. My job just got easier, i can't even MAKE this hard.
No flush unless needed and feed till harvest, fine. Now i have to find something else to do,.....luckily, the friend of a friend thing worked this time and i have a new plant. Real genetics now. Cool. It's that aliendog clone i mentioned earlier.
This is what i found out about it:
alien technology is a strain that came from a small village in Afghanistan via a USA solider, its a pure landrace strain and super frosty like "the white", is a land race afghan line , don't have a region or village name to go with it, it was a handful of beans brought back to the us . is all i can comment

Alien Dog

Alien Dog (alien technology x chemdog d)

Alien Dog is a meeting of authentic chemdog d x to a pure land race afghani hash plant named

Alien technology for the amazing amount of resin it produces. You will find smells ranging from

cherries , creams , fuel,terpentine and plain ole chemdog!!

that was a posting from 420genetics.

:icon_smile: I asked 'friend' to give me his smallest ,most unwanted clone ( couldnt offer alot in exchange) so he brought me this lil gem. Wait till i'm done with her.:D

DSCI0006.JPG

DSCI0009.JPG

Latest posts

Back