1st grow ever, 18 NL girls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seem to remember 18 or 19 oz dry weight for both of them. Not a bad haul for a novice :hubba:
Excellent if you ask me.

Humidity still high and doesn't seem to drop, until it gets dry outside.. No can do, need to water some of them tomorrow and that will raise the humidity again.

IMG_1864.JPG

Think I saw first bits of amber in one the plants. I'm pondering should I chop them all at once or try harvesting some parts of some plants in stages... Not yet anyway.
I decided to give them just plain rainwater, just only a litre per plant or so to keep the high humidity not rising even more, it was around 55 and thats the driest what I've had in over a week.

IMG_1877.JPG

Very nice. Well taken care of. No bug problems throughout? I would chop all at same time. Thats just me though.

AHHH...can you see the Lights? I can :D Love how the Northern smokes. Great job, buddy. You're gonna be sittin pretty!

Peace - Love - Nugz

7greeneyes :D

oh man those are looking great...
I'd only harvest it in sections if you have a noticeable difference between top and bottom of the plant. Sometimes its nice to have a range of bud from head high to couch lock.

Thanks nouvellechef, 7greeneyes and lordhighlama for visiting

No bug problems throughout?
No man, no problems with bugs at all.

AHHH...can you see the Lights?
Ya man, thats been motivating me, to see the lights BURN!:):smoke1:

All good I think. After the small watering yesterday I was happy to notice that the humidity hasnt rised, 55% still, could be less. I was surprised this morning about the yellowness when I turned the HPS's off, they really distort this color, all in all they are still green. Might have imagined that amber color yesterday because I didnt notice too much of it this morning.. Or am I imagining it today?

IMG_1890.JPG

IMG_1885.JPG

Looking nice dude :aok:

With the amount of lower growth you have going there, I'd chop off the colas and continue flowering the lower half. Or at least a few plants to experiment with. Would be interesting to see how much more they can produce in a week or two.
Either way.....sweet looking grow....nice job :farm:.....enjoy the :afroweed::bong1::ccc:

Thanks for the kind comments fruity86 and cungabreath.
With the amount of lower growth you have going there, I'd chop off the colas and continue flowering the lower half. Or at least a few plants to experiment with. Would be interesting to see how much more they can produce in a week or two.

Man, I´ve been thinking that myself. Now I face decisions, wich ones, fattest, skinniest, the ones with most undergrowth or the ones with less? Most mature ones or most undeveloped ones? I dont know, but I shall choose few for sure but maybe wait another day or so to get them thrics more cloudy or a bit amber. Cheers.

Those buds look super dank... Can't wait to hear about the smoking experience

Thanks for dropping by Hardcore-Blaza and RiskyPack

9 weeks flowering today and I cant see any ambering. I dont mind, I suppose they amber when they´re ready for it. Man, what a rope show it is by now and they seem to get even heavier, I dont mind about that either:).
My temps are a bit high and cant get that humidity under control now when its wet wet wet outside. They´re thirsty again but have to wait few more hours before I give them a bit more water. Need to water very carefully now, every second day or so. In darkness the humidy gets above 65,even 70+, damn. During darkness I cant run all the fans to the max. and need to lower the exhaust ductfan aswell because of the noise and weekends theres been people visiting. Well no can do, I need to water them and I need to run them fans full power for now on, during darkness aswell so I guess I just need to go out and sit outside the shed and block people from entering:).
They drop quite some leaves at these days and I hope couple of maincolas would show some amber sings so could cut few to see how the lower parts will grow after.
I still have a bit of weed left but not for long and after that I´m even more tempted (even obligated:))than now to go there and snip a piece and sample my own goods. Must stay strong...ha haa

Be well, all of you!:48:

What next? I' m out of ideas now with this humidity problem. Lights out, I left the exhaust to max, big fan mid. and 2 small fans max. + one small one max. wich is in this odor masking thing I have and yet the humidity has risen above 70% in less that three hours time! I guess thats how its gonna be untill the end and just hope that they wont mold! Damn.

Paz

How about a dehumidifier?

Or two.

Exacto amigo, but I´m isolated and dont have a phone at the moment so I cant reach a helping hand to bring me one or two.

Hi bud,

Wow those are some great looking NL plants... What a great choice for your first grow. It was mine too 15 years ago...:eek: I still LOVE that strain and it's on my short list of true classics. I hope you can get a dehumidifier in there soon. You are at a critical point now that they are getting fat and swelling up densely. It's next to impossible to get air movement inside of dense bud masses and the swing in temps from lights on and lights out and vise versa can create a lot of condensation on your plants and inside the buds where botrytis (bud rot) can get a start. A space heater during lights out would help too... Anything to help lessen fast temp swings and dry out the air... A dehum not only dries out the air but will also produce warm air as a by product of the dehumidifying process and this is the one time of year that it can be a plus.

Whatever you do you should examine your buds in depth every day or two to keep a sharp eye out for bud rot. Really separate some of the dense buds with your fingers and take a look for any sign of white cottony bud decay or mushy bud where BR has advanced to latter stages. If you get a bud rot problem sometimes it comes down to deciding between a big harvest and clipping out a bit of rot or waiting til you have a little more amber and have to cut out a LOT of rot...
icon9.gif
I tend to get bud rot only if I lollipop my plants so that all I get are very dense 'buds on a stick' and if I let them go au naturale and only remove the lower 1/3 of the plants bud sites they don't get so dense and the budding spreads out more evenly and I rarely get bud rot issues... But it still happens sometimes... especially down here in the summer in the dirtyolsouth...

Peace!:cool:

Hi bud,

Wow those are some great looking NL plants... What a great choice for your first grow. It was mine too 15 years ago...:eek: I still LOVE that strain and it's on my short list of true classics. I hope you can get a dehumidifier in there soon. You are at a critical point now that they are getting fat and swelling up densely. It's next to impossible to get air movement inside of dense bud masses and the swing in temps from lights on and lights out and vise versa can create a lot of condensation on your plants and inside the buds where botrytis (bud rot) can get a start. A space heater during lights out would help too... Anything to help lessen fast temp swings and dry out the air... A dehum not only dries out the air but will also produce warm air as a by product of the dehumidifying process and this is the one time of year that it can be a plus.

Whatever you do you should examine your buds in depth every day or two to keep a sharp eye out for bud rot. Really separate some of the dense buds with your fingers and take a look for any sign of white cottony bud decay or mushy bud where BR has advanced to latter stages. If you get a bud rot problem sometimes it comes down to deciding between a big harvest and clipping out a bit of rot or waiting til you have a little more amber and have to cut out a LOT of rot...
icon9.gif
I tend to get bud rot only if I lollipop my plants so that all I get are very dense 'buds on a stick' and if I let them go au naturale and only remove the lower 1/3 of the plants bud sites they don't get so dense and the budding spreads out more evenly and I rarely get bud rot issues... But it still happens sometimes... especially down here in the summer in the dirtyolsouth...

Peace!:cool:

Great post! Thanks man, a lot.

I ran to the growroom when I found this and spred them buds all open. Never really handled them like that, just staring straight at them thats all and turning lightly around. Luckly I discover no mold, rot or any other things like that:). I did cut some off from 4 plants that were in IMO in most need of. This gave me an great opportunity to have a proper look with the microscope of the situation and found no amber color. My plants have plenty of budsites so they arent that mailcola centered, excluding couple. I attached some ties to keep them buds little separated from the main stem. Funny, I´m tying them upwards from the bottom and downwards from the top. Monday I can go to the city and get couple of dehumidifiers. I have a heater during dark but cant run that full power now, too much heat. There must be some moist underneath the floor where I cant access now but it just been so much rain lately whats raising the humidity.

And cheers again dirtyolsouth

Now I have a bit of fingerhash:), and I shall chill!

:48:
Bom Shiva

Parcero....Really nice grow man! I hope you can get those dehumidifiers, becuse I would hate to see those lovely NL babes end up with mold on them! I've got a pack of Dr. Atomic NL with a 25% outcross to DJ Shorts Blueberry that I'm going to run as soon as My cinderella 99/AK47 are done (actualy will germ the NL/BB when these are 1/2 way through flower) I'm hoping that my NL turns out as nice as yours are...Really Nice job! Thats your first grow to??? Thats incredible man!....Very Nice!

Hello

Thanks for visiting legalize_freedom, yes this is my first grow, and good luck to your grows.:watchplant:

Couple of days a go I took some buds to give more air to dense looking colas. I quick dried a piece to sample and found out that these babies are not ready yet. I have a test going on now with this weird kind of aircooling thing wich should collect some moist while at it, lets see. Anyway today I'm off to the town get some dehudifiers and other gear so hopefully that RH will be in control by tonight and those girls can mature in peace.
My microscope finally showed some amber, I think a day or two and I shall chop few main colas and see how the lower parts will develope after.

I post some pics later tonight.

Be well and be safe.

sounds like all is in order here parcero. Glad to hear that you will be getting those dehumidifiers,, don't want to come this far just to lose it at the end. Good luck and awaiting your pic update!

Latest posts

Back