1st journal-Sensi Star/LA Ultra/NYC Diesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebud said:
Good job! 13/13 is great. Glad you posted it here too. They look nice.

Thank you for the kind words Rosebud, they are always appreciated. I snapped some pictures of the one gigantic female LA Ultra I have today. Today is Day #8 of flower for her. She looks really healthy so I'm hoping she produces some great smoke. She is is trained into kind of a 3 foot square and is loving the spot right between the two HPS :D

-SSF-

LA Ultra Day#7 003.JPG LA Ultra Day#7 005.JPG LA Ultra Day#7 006.JPG

huge stalk!! :shocked: wish mine was that big :D

MosesPMG said:
huge stalk!! :shocked: wish mine was that big :D

:rofl: Good one MosesPMG!

I took some shots of the Diesels today. They are on day #23 of flower so this makes them 1/3 of the way through flowering. I am going to have to hook up the carbon filter soon, they are starting to smell. :D
One thing bothering me though is that the top of one (pic on far right) has some taco-shaped leaves at the top that aren't going away. The top of the other one (pic in middle) looks amazing and the leaves all look great. They are both in the same soil, fed from the same bucket of nutrients. Oh well, maybe one of them is just not as strong as the other. They were grown from seperate seeds.
-SSF-
day#23 002.JPG day#23 004.JPG day#23 007.JPG

I had the girls outside today for some natural sunlight and took some pictures of them after I took them out from under the HPS and before putting them outside. The HPS always makes everything look orange in the pics.

(The red bucket is a 4 gallon bucket I use for watering, it is just there to give an idea of size)

Sensi Stars on Day #9
3-6-11 002.JPG 3-6-11 004.JPG
LA Ultra on Day #9
3-6-11 012.JPG 3-6-11 016.JPG
NYC Diesels on Day #23
3-6-11 017.JPG 3-6-11 018.JPG

-SSF-

SSF your girls are true specimins man, totally happy healthy BEASTS...but...I gotta know, where in the heck didjah get the Wild Cherry Pepsi?! Loved that stuff.

Will be swinging through on a regular, peace!

RABBIT said:
SSF your girls are true specimins man, totally happy healthy BEASTS...but...I gotta know, where in the heck didjah get the Wild Cherry Pepsi?! Loved that stuff.

Will be swinging through on a regular, peace!

Hi RABBIT, thanks for jumping into the journal! I feed off of the encouragement, makes me want to treat the girls as well as possible and keep posting pictures :) These are by far the biggest plants I have ever grown so I'm excited to see something huge. I find Cherry Pepsi in 12 packs all day at Food Lion. I live off that, Sunkist, vodka, and cheap white wine...(not mixed together) :D

-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
Hi RABBIT, thanks for jumping into the journal! I feed off of the encouragement, makes me want to treat the girls as well as possible and keep posting pictures :) These are by far the biggest plants I have ever grown so I'm excited to see something huge. I find Cherry Pepsi in 12 packs all day at Food Lion. I live off that, Sunkist, vodka, and cheap white wine...(not mixed together) :D

-SSF-

SSF you're giving me flashbacks homie, Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly, Publix, Cherry Pepsi...can you still get smokes that ain't firesafe? :D

You've got beefy plants, that NYCD looks like she's gonna be a nice producer...how's the bloom stretch on those?

RABBIT said:
SSF ...that NYCD looks like she's gonna be a nice producer...how's the bloom stretch on those?

I was really surprised with the bloom stretch. The two NYCD started flower at about 13" and 18" tall and by day #16 of flower they were both 36" and 38" tall respectively. They haven't really stretched anymore since then but it was pretty insane early on, almost two feet of vertical growth in just over two weeks.

-SSF-

Took some close-up shots of the Diesel's buds coming in today while I had the girls outside for a bit. I'm getting excited. These two Diesels are starting to get some stank to them :D

-SSF-

NYCD Day#25 001.JPG NYCD Day#25 004.JPG NYCD Day#25 007.JPG NYCD Day#25 012.JPG

Its like an explosion of pistols!
Very niice :aok:

Thanks MosesPMG and Rosebud,
Next to harvesting this is my favorite part of the grow, when you see the calyxes begin to swell at the base of the pistils. Looking at them makes my mouth water :p

-SSF-

I took some photos of the family as the lights went out :D The LA Ultra is stretching on me now but the Sensi Stars, true to form, are staying short and dense. 11 days into flower and they still haven't put on any stretch. Late April can't come fast enough!

All 5 girls (the two Diesels are in the background, The LA Ultra is in the middle and the two on either end are the Sensi Stars)
3-8-2011 005.JPG

The two Sensi Stars:
3-8-2011 010.JPG 3-8-2011 011.JPG

The LA Ultra (which I am having trouble fitting through the door when I take her outside):
3-8-2011 012.JPG

And the two NYCD:
3-8-2011 013.JPG 3-8-2011 014.JPG

-SSF-

SSF, thats a really nice looking garden ya got there. So lush and full. Where do ya get the Sensi star from?

AluminumMonster said:
SSF, thats a really nice looking garden ya got there. So lush and full. Where do ya get the Sensi star from?

Hi AM!
Sensi Star is made by Paradise Seeds. I got these a long time ago from "the single seed center" but attitude carries them as well. Here is a link to the strain on attitude, just replace the xx with tt in the http.

hxxp://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/paradise-seeds/paradise-seeds-regular/paradise-seeds-sensi-star/prod_214.html

-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
Special thanks to Gixxerman, THG, and Hamster Lewis who recommended getting rid of the Hashberry plant. Even if I do think it is probably a male it would be a bad idea to breed with a plant that has shown anything remotely close to hermie characteristics. So the Hashberry was eliminated today with extreme prejudice (chopped up and thrown in a trash bag).

So far in my journal I have shown how I veg my plants, how I flower my plants, but not how I clone my plants (I did in another thread but want it here as well). I took some extra clones 15 days ago at the start of flower just to make sure I was going to have at least two surviving plants of all the seed plants I am growing. And today I get to brag because this is the first time that every single clone I took in the batch survived and threw roots, 13 for 13 :D Sorry to toot my own horn I'm just excited. It's been a long long time cloning to get a perfect batch.

So I wanted to share how I do my clones because it is a little different from most. To put it quick and simple: I take a cutting and immediately put it in a bowl of water with a few drops of H2O2 mixed in. Then I recut the stem under water and let it sit in the water a minute or two. In a bucket I will have been soaking my 1-inch rockwool cubes in a 5.8-6.0 ph nutrient solution. This is just 1ml each of GH grow-micro-bloom, 1 gallon of water, and a few drops of H2O2. In a clear plastic container I will layer the bottom of the container with 1 inch of soil. Then one at a time I will take a rockwool cube out of the nutrient solution, squeeze out the excess moisture, and take the tip of a pair of scissors and make the hole a little bigger. Then I grab a clone and rub the cut end in some Green Light Rooting Hormone powder and stick it into the rockwool until it is snug. Then I place the clone on top of the dirt in the plastic container and continue the process until I have taken all the clones I want. I label the front of the container with what strain is in what row, and then I fill the container with more dirt until the top of the rockwool of each cube is covered. I then take about 1-2 cups of the nutrient solution I soaked the rockwool in and gently pour it over the soil. I just want to wet the soil, not have any standing water in the bottom of the container. The entire container is then placed on the top shelf of my vegging closet and a 1 foot floro is placed (I'm guessing about 6-10 inches) above the container. The container is covered with a clear plastic cover that is larger than the container so air can still flow in and out just a little bit. After 7 days I will check the soil and the clones to see if more water is needed and if so I just add plain 6.5 ph water (this batch did). Then after roughly 12 days I will start to see roots showing through the bottom of the clear plastic container. After about 14-16 days once I am happy with the number of roots I am seeing on the bottom of the container I go ahead and GENTLY dig the clones out.

There are a couple reasons I do my clones in dirt this way. First off, I grow in dirt and not hydro so I don't care if the rockwool is covered in soil. 2nd, when I tried cloning with just clones placed in rockwool under a humidity dome I had problems with green (I guess algae) growing on the tops of the rockwool cubes that were exposed to light. Having them covered in soil prevents this. 3rd, I have killed many clones sitting in rockwool under a humidity dome from not keeping a close enough eye on how moist the rockwool is. By having the rockwool submerged in soil I find the rockwool stays more consistent and I do not have to keep nearly as close an eye on the clones.
View attachment 161519 View attachment 161520 View attachment 161521 View attachment 161522 View attachment 161523

-If anyone has any questions or ideas for improvement feel free to jump right in!

-SSF-
No problem brother, just calling them as I see em! Hit me with some reputation if it meant that much :confused: :cool2: Also, just curious as to what size pots your using there? Are they 5 gal. or 8? looking great either way! I would love to have six that size, how long did you veg for this size in flowering!?

Gixxerman420 said:
No problem brother, just calling them as I see em! Hit me with some reputation if it meant that much :confused: :cool2: Also, just curious as to what size pots your using there? Are they 5 gal. or 8? looking great either way! I would love to have six that size, how long did you veg for this size in flowering!?

Thanks for checking out the journal Gixxer and I appreciate all your help,
Yea I'm not good at remembering to pass out rep, I keep forgetting about the rep button. Will do though. I need to thank the two others as well. The 2 NYC Diesels are in round 5 gallon pots. And the 2 Sensi Stars as well as the LA Ultra are in square 8 gallon pots. I think they are 8 gallon, it doesn't say on the pot.

-SSF-

Gixxerman420 said:

Sorry I missed your last question Gixxer. The Sensi Stars had been veggin for about 5 months prior to flowering and the LA Ultra for about 2-3 months. I veg under 25 watt CFL's so I am sure they could have been vegged to even a larger size over that period of time with more light. I had taken roughly 30 clones over that period from each Sensi Star and about 10 from the LA Ultra. I did what I could to keep the plants tied down and the stems pinched so when I went to flower them they were still short. Both of the Sensi Stars and the LA Ultra were topped once after a few weeks into veg. Oh, and I gave both of the Sensi Stars and the LA Ultra a "haircut" on the second day of flower where I cut a bunch of lower undergrowth off that was receiving almost no light anyway.

-SSF-

They're all of relative size right? I was just trying to see how big a pot size I needed to go with to get a plant that size... I hope to place 6 that size into a tent 3x3x6(rough dimensions, actually slightly smaller) does anyone know of any particular advantage to these smart pots other than storage and portability? Thx again SSF!

Latest posts

Back