1st journal-Sensi Star/LA Ultra/NYC Diesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sux SSF! Hopefully nothing was damaged... Have you considered putting a self tapping sheet metal screw on the top of the duct? I know no one wants to put a hole in their cooltube but it would hold it real good, and it would only be one screw.

Hi AM,
Thanks for the concern. I'm prety sure I am going to be ok though. The grow area was fine last night 20 minutes before the lights went out so there is no way the temps could have gone up much even if it happened right then.

The NYC Diesels are on Day #32. Trichs are really starting to form even though she still has a LONG way to go and they are looking seeeeeeeeeeeeexy :D :D

Day#32 001.JPG Day#32 003.JPG Day#32 004.JPG Day#32 005.JPG Day#32 006.JPG

-SSF-

Rosebud said:
Glad it didn't fall on your plants. Good you caught it. Surprise.
I know it was very strange, I have never had anything like that happen. That is one of biggest fears, that I go into the grow area one day and find one of my HPS lights fell and shattered glass everywhere all over my plants, shredding them :eek: That is why I use heavy duty chain to hang everything. I don't trust those string hangers they sell with the lights.

-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
I know it was very strange, I have never had anything like that happen. That is one of biggest fears, that I go into the grow area one day and find one of my HPS lights fell and shattered glass everywhere all over my plants, shredding them :eek: That is why I use heavy duty chain to hang everything. I don't trust those string hangers they sell with the lights.

-SSF-
I second that Sensi, I think i'll be switching the "cords" on my T5 for chains when it comes in today! Glad none of the girls were hurt!

Gixxerman420 said:
I second that Sensi, I think i'll be switching the "cords" on my T5 for chains when it comes in today! Glad none of the girls were hurt!

Thanks Gixxer. 20 feet of good chain is cheaper than the string hangers anyway. I keep a good pair of plyers handy and can adjust everything I hang in about 10 minutes.

-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
Thanks Gixxer. 20 feet of good chain is cheaper than the string hangers anyway. I keep a good pair of plyers handy and can adjust everything I hang in about 10 minutes.

-SSF-
I only needed 12 feet (2-6' sections)... but yeah, got the T5 and assembly, hanging and resituation only took about thirty minutes. i've got pics in the GJ... It looks a lot brighter and more uniform of a light source; less wattage too! :yay: Decided toscratch the side by side by side comparison grow and will place the other papayas in LST tomorrow! Just love the outcome so far, nice even canopy on the two that are tied down, and it's only been 2 days! I'm excited about this season; I've learned a lot from you and some of the other guys on here... Interested in seeing any differences in the ladies' performance as well!:D OH!!! And I got the smart pots today too... Did a size check in the tent and will be able to fit them three wide and three deep... leaving one corner open for my fan (one of those tower deals, good for space restriction) I can fit eight in there! hmmm.... eight plants with 2 oz=a lb! I hope I can get 2 off of each of them!I will only have five in the tent for the first run, but clones will be a plenty soon enough! Didn't mean to bombard on your GJ, was just excited and needed to vent! (feels better) thx!!! Those some tasty lookin little nugs you got there BTW!!!

Gixxerman420 said:
Those some tasty lookin little nugs you got there BTW!!!

Thanks Gixxer, I have never had a top that showed so many pistils (3rd of the 5 pics above), I'm getting excited!!!!!

-SSF-

hey sensi it looks like some sort of coral LOL that's going to be one big *** bud m8 there is definitely a good amont of calyx's under there just waiting to swell

fruity86 said:
hey sensi it looks like some sort of coral LOL that's going to be one big *** bud m8 there is definitely a good amont of calyx's under there just waiting to swell

Thanks fruity86, I hope so there are a lot of pistils there.

I got some more pictures of all 5 plants today, and I'm not seeing anything that bothers me other than I am losing leaves on the bottoms of the Sensi Stars and the LA Ultra. But I don't think there is anything wrong other than these leaves getting no light due to all the growth above. Anyway here are the picture updates.

Sensi Stars are on Day #19, buds are starting to take shape:

3-16-11 001.JPG 3-16-11 003.JPG 3-16-11 017.JPG 3-16-11 019.JPG 3-16-11 021.JPG 3-16-11 024.JPG

LA Ultra is also on Day #19, lots of stretch so far it better start bulking up:
3-16-11 014.JPG 3-16-11 015.JPG

NYC Diesels are on Day #33, one looks great, the other not so much:
3-16-11 004.JPG 3-16-11 009.JPG 3-16-11 005.JPG

Questions? comments? ideas to make my grow better? PLEASE jump on in :D
-SSF-

Well, I germed 5 seeds of Hashberry for this journal and even though all 5 seeds germed only one plant survived and grew and it turned out to be male. So after being bitter for a while I have now decided to give the rest of the Hashberry beans a shot. I was going to keep them and try again with them down the road but everyone keeps saying great things about Mandala so I decided to go ahead and try again now. I put the 5 remaining beans in water last night and today 4 of them have sunk, one is still floating.

(Yes, I always germ my beans in Waterford Crystal....nothing but the best for the beans :) )
attempt #2 002.JPG attempt #2 003.JPG
-SSF-

maineharvest said:
You have some very hairy nuggets my friend!

Unlike human women, I do prefer my female MJ plants have lots of hairy nuggets :smoke1: :bolt:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Today is Day #34 for the NYC Diesel, noticed the first red hairs on the main tip today as I took it outside for some sunshine. Still has roughly 5 weeks to go though.

-SSF-

3-17-11 001.JPG 3-17-11 003.JPG

I forgot to mention, for my Sensi Stars which prefer very little nutes I am still feeding them the nutes I described at the start of the journal for weeks #3&4:
(per gallon)
2.5ml micro
1.25ml grow
4ml bloom
2-3 drops floralicious plus
1ml Liquid KoolBloom

For the NYC Diesels and the LA Ultra I have increased the nutes as they appear to want more. They are now on:
3.5ml micro
1.75ml grow
6ml bloom
2-3 drops floralicious plus
2ml Liquid KoolBloom

-SSF-

Hi all!
Today marks the halfway point for my journal. The Diesels have been flowering for 5 weeks and have roughly 5 weeks to go. The Sensi Stars and the LA Ultra have been flowering for 3 weeks so they also have 5 weeks to go. The one LA Ultra I have has completely taken over my flowering area.

Sensi Stars on left and right, LA Ultra in the middle:
halfway point 3-18-11 001.JPG

LA Ultra alone:
halfway point 3-18-11 006.JPG

Sensi Stars reaching for the light :) :
halfway point 3-18-11 007.JPG

The 2 NYC Diesels. One of them seems to be developing a massive (for my grows) top.
halfway point 3-18-11 003.JPG halfway point 3-18-11 005.JPG

Have a good weekend growing everyone!

-SSF-

WOW, let me reiterate, WOW. What a great space and beautiful plants. These are just lovely.

( see ya over at ozo's, later):rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rosebud said:
WOW, let me reiterate, WOW. What a great space and beautiful plants. These are just lovely.

( see ya over at ozo's, later):rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you Rose ;)

-SSF-

I'm watching you two!!! :watchplant:

Wait, not SSF and Rose, I mean those Sensi Stars...:hubba:

Just pokin in and BAM!!! Halfway point...pretty good timing on my part if ya ask me!!:D

Looks very good over here SSF, I'm quickly becoming a SSF as well...:eek: :eek: :eek:

420_Osborn said:
Looks very good over here SSF, I'm quickly becoming a SSF as well...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Good luck with the Sensi Stars Osborn!!!!!!!! I will try and get some pics of the young ones I have up soon. They are about 3-4 weeks into veg from clones rooting. I do not keep mothers and just take clones from my vegging plants a week or so before flower. These two Sensi Stars I am flowering right now are about my 11th set of clones from clones.

-SSF-

Latest posts

Back