5th season... 1st journal!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike stories??? I'll share mine some time, but not here as I'd not want to hijack LMAO!!! Nice story though fader! Be safe, I lost my best friend of 20 years due to an ignorant driver pulling into his lane one morning. And PLEASE, wear a HELMET, my buddy wore a fakie...the only injury was to the back of his head which was crushed.

Gixxerman420 said:
Okay, I'm referring to LST(low stress training) where you take the main stalk of the plant and bend it to about 90 degrees and tie it to the side of the pot with string or something (bread ties and pipe cleaners in my case; whatever's lying around)... This causes the plant to think it's grown up against an obstacle and the lower branches start receiving the top hormones... This allows the other branch tops to grow to the same level as the main stalk and affectively allows you to get multiple colas of comparable quantity and quality to the main cola... Makes for heavier girls in flowering!:hubba: I like my girls a little chunky:rofl:

And is an alternative to topping! I tie mine down as well...when they get unruly LOL. Put them in their place and the gals keep in line LMAO.

Roddy said:
And is an alternative to topping! I tie mine down as well...when they get unruly LOL. Put them in their place and the gals keep in line LMAO.
Well see, I've topped a couple of these too! They just don't want to stop shooting up! I guess I am going to top most of the branches when I take clones: turn six into twelve and so on!

LMAO...getting too tall, are they?? Topping and cloning is a good option, 2 for 1 if they make it!! I have faith you'll get them gals in line sooner or later...and if later, well, they'll be tall gals with big rewards??

Roddy said:
Bike stories??? I'll share mine some time, but not here as I'd not want to hijack LMAO!!! Nice story though fader! Be safe, I lost my best friend of 20 years due to an ignorant driver pulling into his lane one morning. And PLEASE, wear a HELMET, my buddy wore a fakie...the only injury was to the back of his head which was crushed.

Always a helmet on, I have seen some bad accidents, most bikers killed is usually from another driver.....I drive safe as safe as can be...:)

Gixxerman420 said:
Okay, I'm referring to LST(low stress training) where you take the main stalk of the plant and bend it to about 90 degrees and tie it to the side of the pot with string or something (bread ties and pipe cleaners in my case; whatever's lying around)... This causes the plant to think it's grown up against an obstacle and the lower branches start receiving the top hormones... This allows the other branch tops to grow to the same level as the main stalk and affectively allows you to get multiple colas of comparable quantity and quality to the main cola... Makes for heavier girls in flowering!:hubba: I like my girls a little chunky:rofl:

Hell, thats an excellent idea, does it matter how big the plant is or can it be done early on?

you can do lst at almost any time during the grow, it just might be a little delicate in the beginning and might not make much difference if you try and start the last few weeks of flowering.
you can also lst the branches themselves to make them stronger and bushier :D

MosesPMG said:
you can do lst at almost any time during the grow, it just might be a little delicate in the beginning and might not make much difference if you try and start the last few weeks of flowering.
you can also lst the branches themselves to make them stronger and bushier :D

how would lst effect revegging a plant? is it possible?

Roddy said:
LMAO...getting too tall, are they?? Topping and cloning is a good option, 2 for 1 if they make it!! I have faith you'll get them gals in line sooner or later...and if later, well, they'll be tall gals with big rewards??
Funny you mention it... I was going to go through and top the longer branches down to the first nodes and use those for my clones! May even go as far as topping the other branches at the new growth... Hoping for miniature trees within the next 2 weeks or so... Then I'll transplant and continue to veg through recoup; a day or two (last one with il diavolo went well, no stress at all!) Then flip them bad mamajamas!:D They're not but about 5 inches tall bent over like this... But would probably be about 8 inches standing free... The lower branches would've never made it out from under the huge fans I have since pruned away... I like to leave 2-3 sets on each potential top bud branch; keep everything below that pretty clean!:D Now my branches are getting branches and they're not even a foot tall!

faderharley said:
Hell, thats an excellent idea, does it matter how big the plant is or can it be done early on?
I'd try and wait until it was 8-12 inches... The more branch nodes on a lateral the better! All of them will direct themselves into the light and out of one another's way! It's like magic! :D You turn it at four nodes, you'll have nine main colas, two from each of the four nodes and the top itself... Wait until it has 6 nodes and you get 13 main buds! You can see how this might also add up if you were to top each of the branches and allow them to veg out about 3-4 inches before 12/12!That'd be 26 tops! Whoa; I just gave me an idea!:rofl:

ecstaticM said:
how would lst effect revegging a plant? is it possible?
I'm sure you could still do it! You'd have to treat each branch as an individual plant almost...(all having the top hormone) (i would think; strictly hypothetical)
Maybe clean each stalk down to about the bottom 1/3 and leave some of the little under-buds and you're set! Seems feasible anyways... I should note however that I have never even attempted a reveg so my opinion is rooted purely on logic based on readings from this community... Someone jump in if I'm misleading!?:confused::joint:

Roddy said:
Jump in there Roddy; open thread man! I just go through and read the posts at and around photos!:rofl: Speaking of photos; guess what? MORE PHOTOS!!! In an effort to lessen the already staggering amount of replies this afternoon (in a row I might add) I'll go ahead and do those here! Sorry about your buddy BTW... Those half-shells ain't no good (tisk tisk).
0319111703.jpg0319111719b.jpg
The first picture is of the second tie down on this particular papaya... Seems to be a stretchier pheno than the other two; we'll see! The second picture is of the two double-tied downs... The newest in the front in green and the Norhtern Light Blue in the rear front (rear front?) with one bread tie and one pipe cleaner!:rofl:
0319111719a.jpg0319111723.jpg
Side and top view of Lady Il Diavolo! She still only has the little flowers on the one node, but that's enough to know her intentions; she's good in my book! (right now at least!) :hubba:
0319111722.jpg
Top view of the LST garden... I am thinking that if topping the longer branches for clones doesn't even things out a little better I'm going to tie the problem branches down to canopy level and see if that helps!
0319111719.jpg0319111720.jpg
0319111719c.jpgAttack of the giant MJ!!!:rofl:

I've learned a great deal this go around interacting with the forum rather than being a simple voyeur...(as I have for years now) I'm glad I decided to join up in spite of my conspiracy theoretical nature! You guys pass along a bit of valuable information to be a sting operation; seems a bit much even for our federal government to learn the trade simply to bust the personal use medical growers (legitimate and illegal). Hopefully I won't let you guys down in an end product:joint:!!!

Gixxerman420 said:
I'm glad I decided to join up in spite of my conspiracy theoretical nature! You guys pass along a bit of valuable information to be a sting operation; seems a bit much even for our federal government to learn the trade simply to bust the personal use medical growers (legitimate and illegal).

Holy Crap! Art, Art, where the hell are you buddy? I need a really thick foil hat for my friend Gixx! Antennas too!

Art...come in Art!

Yo, Gix, I'd tell you Art is the king of conspiracy theories but then he'd have to kill me. :smoke1: :rofl:

StoneyBud said:
Holy Crap! Art, Art, where the hell are you buddy? I need a really thick foil hat for my friend Gixx! Antennas too!

Art...come in Art!

Yo, Gix, I'd tell you Art is the king of conspiracy theories but then he'd have to kill me. :smoke1: :rofl:
Lol, I thought about it!

Hey Gixxerman420, I'm curious about that Northern Light Blue, is that crossed w/blueberry??? I am currently re-veg/re-flowering Blue Widow.

faderharley said:
Hey Gixxerman420, I'm curious about that Northern Light Blue, is that crossed w/blueberry??? I am currently re-veg/re-flowering Blue Widow.
I loved the blue widow! Nice berry-taste/smell about her! You get that with your pheno? I'm not sure of the Northern Light Blue; genetics on the description solely list 100% indica... Sounds feasible to be a blueberry cross... Can't think of any other "blues" except the blue widow... I'm sure it has the blueberry in there somewhere! Interesting question Fader!:D

Gixxerman420 said:
I loved the blue widow! Nice berry-taste/smell about her! You get that with your pheno? I'm not sure of the Northern Light Blue; genetics on the description solely list 100% indica... Sounds feasible to be a blueberry cross... Can't think of any other "blues" except the blue widow... I'm sure it has the blueberry in there somewhere! Interesting question Fader!:D

I plan to get some NL#5 here soon, got an excellent Blue Widow momma, maybe, if I can, get NL#5 regular seeds w/the hopes of a few males to X breed w/BW clone or 2......have not done that yet...

I really like the Blue Widow as well as the Colombian Gold, except I can only smoke BW early in the day until midday otherwise I'm up for hours w/it, and yes it does have an after taste of blueberrys and smells like juiceyfruit gum....powerful sativa high imo....gets my blood pump really going........my 1st grow was mostly all 50+% Indica....long story short....had good yield, bud was pretty good but lacks the heavy narcodic effects or knockdown/couch lock effect...just real mellow, nice head...good to go to sleep w/I guess...later :D

StoneyBud said:

Art...come in Art!

It's too late! I think he's already receiving coded messages from the Mother Ship!

ArtVandolay said:
It's too late! I think he's already receiving coded messages from the Mother Ship!
AAAAGGGHHHH NOOOO!!!!! TSHSHSHSHSHS; BEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!
test-pattern.jpg
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay, so not yet in a "full bloom" type of deal yet, but I noticed a few branches with a few white hairs (very few, little flowers; like pre-flowers on a 12/12) And every new node of the main stalk has the same thing. I took liberties with a couple of the ladies; topping some taller branches that I was certain I wasn't taking for clones... Assorted reasoning based on position of branch (i.e. actual length rather than height in canopy), And distance of suitable cut-node to the existing canopy (whether or not I think it could catch up).I was in a hurry so didn't do all that I would have liked, But tomorrow is a new day and time will be in abundance! Other than that, this vegetating has got to rush a little, I realize that canopy management slows the growth at first, And pruning, topping everything else ! I know it'll pay off though, Once I have alternating nodes on the majority of them, I'll switch to 12/12, I'm hoping within two weeks we'll have the flowering tent running!:hubba:In traditional fashion, daily photos!
0320111646.jpg0320111647a.jpg
Side and top views of Il Diavolo... What do you guys think; she look good for three and a half weeks (24 days, closer to 25 now)?
0320111647.jpg
Top view of the six plant canopy... Pretty even as a whole, some individual "problem" branches on each plant I believe... Would like to wait out and take these when they're long enough for clones... We'll see!
0320111648.jpg0320111648a.jpg
Cross-canopy shots... Looking a little weeded out, pruned a bit yesterday. I just realized that I'm fairly abusive to these ladies; Hope they stay that way!(ladies I mean)

I'm really starting to get anxious; It's not exactly considered medicinally acceptable where I'm at and I'm starting to feel the risks! I also do not wish to continue buying my meds at lower than standards quality* for outrageous prices "on the streets" either! (*it's okay, but not like some good homegrown:hubba:)

Latest posts

Back