5th season... 1st journal!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay, VERY productive day today! You may or may not be aware that the room I am in is also being used for storage (my business partner is a pack rat!)... I got the stuff (most of it) out of the room and moved the tent out from in front of the window, caddy-cornered into the corner of the room, and got all my electrical wires hooked up where they need to be, waiting to be plugged in; all either on 24 hours or connected to a surge board through a timer set on 12/12. I ran 4" dryer duct from the air conditioner with the fan from an old humidifier connect to the end inside the tent to aid air flow, and placed chains on the light so that I can raise it as the ladies grow... I ran the light for about 2 1/2 hours; during which time I managed to get the temperature from 91 Fahrenheit to 71 by making just a few small adjustments... Just knowing that I can achieve around 70 let's me know that optimum temps of 77 are achievable. I still need to take my tower fan over to place in the tent... And we'll be ready to go! I might even go as far as switching on Monday! The girls seem to be loving the new homes and are really starting to take off! Il Diavolo is most certainly into a full bloom, twice as many white hairs as yesterday in the top cluster, and the side branches are really starting to show as well!:D Getting exciting man!:yay: I swear that I love growing it more than I do smoking it! That's why I like this forum too, a lot of cultivating connoisseurs rather than a bunch of guys trying to get stoned for free! This is just a plus for me! Not the reason behind growing, I love the plant! anyways, side tracked a bit there! :stoned: I've been working all day so I deserve to venture off a bit!:D I found alternating nodes on most of the five I want to switch; and just made my mind up that I'll be making the switch to 12/12 on Monday at 4 1/2 weeks rather than Thursday at 5. If their not quite sexually mature, it won't be long and I don't want to switch at different times in an attempt to maintain an even canopy throughout the tent. They'll still stretch at the same rate I'm sure! I'm quite sure there's more; but that's all I can think of right now! PICTURE TIME!!!
0326111956.jpg
We'll go in reverse today, here are the clones, a few tips starting to yellow ever so slightly... Not too bad to have been taken 5 days ago! (I think) Should be showing roots any day right!?
0326111955.jpg0326111957.jpg
The LST garden; Papayas 1, 2, and 3, Sugar Black Rose, Northern Light Blue and White Widow x Big Bud! NLB is the one in the back on the far right side, (not Il Diavolo, whom deemed it necessary to make a cameo appearance in the edge of the photo:hubba:) she's (NLB) growing at a phenomenal rate!
0326111955a.jpg0326111957a.jpg
Il Diavolo! Man I love this lady here! She is really starting to get some hairs guys! I can't wait until this time next week! You'll be able to see the buds from across the room! :yay:
0326111958.jpg0326111959a.jpg
Closeup of the top cluster from above and the side... See all the little white hairs starting to emerge! It's really starting to take over; WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?
0326111959.jpg
And finally, a picture of an alternating node for proof! They're ready guys! I'm not taking advantage of these ladies, they just look young!:hubba: Most if not all of them have nodes on them like this somewhere... Not the straggly alternating nodes that you get at those weird jointed nodes where the outside leaf is further up and much larger than the inside leaf either; true alternating nodes! Will be making the switch in two days!

Does anyone know if I start counting the weeks from the time I start 12/12? Or when I see the first signs of flowering? Not really relevant to the harvest as I'll be taking some milky and some amber; Just curious as to how the breeders judge this... Is eight weeks eight weeks of 12/12? Or eight weeks of flowering? It can take sometimes 2 weeks to start showing! This would push it to 10 weeks fro flipping! Also, do autos not alternate nodes? Or does it just not start until they're flowering and makes it more difficult to see? Just curious:confused:

I started counting when I switched to 12/12. I dont think it really matters, as long as you know when you started and dont get confused

As long as the alt nodes are on the main stem all i good! I start counting from day she is put into bud room, not sure how others do it!! As long as you have a good idea of when to start checking trichs, you'll be fine!!

No clue on autos, seems they'd show though...

Roddy said:
Oh, and GREAT pics and beautiful gals!!!
Means a lot coming from a guru such as yourself! I'm looking around at some other forums, (just getting an Idea of the competition:D) and I'm confident that this forum has some of the best growers on it! There are some on other sites that have been members since like 02' and still have really leggy, sick looking plants! It's bad that I've been a grower for less than 3 years and can out-grow a 10 year veteran! It's all thanks to you guys and the information available here at MP! I Love this place!

So I've done it! I went over this evening and stuck all three Papayas, Northern Light Blue, and Sugar Black Rose into the tent. I set the timer to shut off at 4 am so that during the week while the old lady is working and my daughter is at school, I won't have to rush during the evenings; It'll come on just before or as I arrive! Good for watering too! Plus, I think running the HID's at night seems more feasible with the heat, helicopter scares, and my life schedule right now! It's getting really exciting now guys! I have the Il Diavolo in full bloom action now; and a tent full of lush green happy looking ladies!:hubba: Within the next 7-14 days the 12/12 girls will show their true colors, and hopefully are all true blue females! I pruned a little, but it's been a while and they were getting quite scraggly below the canopy line there! I cleaned out a bit (some a little too much probably) but I'm not going to touch them again throughout flowering! I am going to be chewing my nails to the quick for the next couple days until I get the temps dialed in good... Then the weather will change and I'll have to do it all over again! I went by after the tent had ran for 4 hours, It was at 72 and my partner turned the air down; then it went up to 91! I told him no!!!(almost scolding him) I said too cool is better than too hot my friend!:rant: I told him just to keep an eye on temps, check the max and min's and adjust the air conditioner ever so slightly in the direction needed as indicated by averaging the hi and low and comparing it to our 77 degree optimum... If it's 75 leave it be, 79, turn the air up just a bit! Hits 85; open the tent and run air full blast for 5 minutes and close it up for 5; check temp again and adjust accordingly! IDK if it's going to work out with me as meticulous as I am, and him as laid back about it as he seems to be... It'll show in your product I say! :rant: anyways, PICTURE TIME!
0327111639.jpg
Clones, BORING!!!
0327111636.jpg0327111636a.jpg
The only two mature ladies in the veg area, White Widow X Big Bud and Il Diavolo! Looking good under there with all that space to roam around!:rofl:
0327111637a.jpg
Il diavolo a little closer...
0327111637.jpg0327112016a.jpg
Even closer still!!! See that top cluster! Starting to really take off guys! I'M SO EXCITED!!!:yay:
0327111635.jpg
And last but certainly not least, the tented five! Looking good in their new permanent homes! I think I'm in love! Papaya runs diagonally from the front right to rear left, Northern Light Blue is in the back right corner, and Sugar Black Rose the front left!:rofl::giggle::afroweed:

P.S. I just called the grow house and my business partner says the temps in the tent are at 77.4! EXCELLENT!:D He doesn't know how to check maximum and minimum temps, so I'll do that tomorrow, but knowing we're that close to optimum at random is great! It took me almost two weeks to dial it in last grow; this is great!:yay:

SensiStarFan said:
good looking plants gixxer!

-SSF-
you know; you're right!:rofl: But in all seriousness, I thought my skills were less than average at best, but I've been looking around at pictures on other forums and Mine really do look quite good! I've seen ten year veterans with leggy plants that are yellowing in vegetative state! I'm confident that our forum has the best growers, and the best information! Thanx for the kind words; quite a compliment coming from the sensi-star master over here!~

So the stuff hit the fan today guys! My partner informs me that I'm going to need to find another location for the garden! I have a place in mind, but these are in 5 gal. bags now and I have 7 mature plants! Not to mention two trays of clones too! what the hell am I supposed to do; go around and ask everyone I know "hey, can I bring a crop to your house man?" Secrecy was the idea here! I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I'll figure something out; I haven't wasted the last month to rip them up! Anywayz, Crapola aside; the ladies are looking good; temps got a little high at 86 Fahrenheit but not too bad for the first night under HPS... I arrived after the light came on so I'm not sure how close to 4 it actually comes on. I'd like to arrive just before "sunrise" to water tomorrow, just going to do plain water until they show sex, might hit them with one more dose of veg nutes tomorrow depending on their color... My clones are starting to yellow and a few necrotic spots showed up on one leaf, going to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't dry up. PICTURE TIME!
0328111615.jpg0328111616b.jpg
Veg area pics... looking pretty good! The clones are starting to look sad but I'm not too worried about them, it's been a while since I cut them so they're doing fine!
0328111616a.jpg0328111616.jpg
Il Diavolo full shots... Looking good!
0328111625.jpg0328111620a.jpg
Il Diavolo close ups... :hubba:
0328111618.jpg
And the tent ladies... orange looking today!

I hope everything works out and your hard work doesnt go to waste :D

MosesPMG said:
I hope everything works out and your hard work doesnt go to waste :D
thx bud... He hasn't done much with the grow so doesn't understand the amount of effort it takes for set up and maintenance of a grow op. I guess he thinks it'll just be easy to throw it in the van and go down the road with it; NEVER MIND IT'S ILLEGAL!!! Or the shock of light cycle disturbance... (sigh) oh well, I'll figure something out!

MosesPMG said:
best of luck mate!
mojo for the migration
thank you so much... I'm nervous about it.. I figure I'll go over one afternoon just as the light is coming on; move the tented ladies under veg light and tear the tent down for relocation... Once the tent is up in running a few hours later, I'll transfer the plants and the veg light! Hopefully minimize the time they go without light to about 45 minutes or so.

:aok: sounds like the best plan. do you know where their future home will be yet?

MosesPMG said:
:aok: sounds like the best plan. do you know where their future home will be yet?
I'm waiting on a response from a potential candidate; we'd talked about doing it together about 6 months back... He's gotta pass it by his old lady and will let me know what's up tomorrow or the next day... Still, a 45 minute drive with 17 potential felonies on board is no picnic! :shocked:

Gixxerman420 said:
Still, a 45 minute drive with 17 potential felonies on board is no picnic! :shocked:

No joke man. I'd have to pry my butthole off the seat when I got there! I'd have it clenched so tight I wouldn't be able to take a crap for a month!

StoneyBud said:
No joke man. I'd have to pry my butthole off the seat when I got there! I'd have it clenched so tight I wouldn't be able to take a crap for a month!
:rofl: :yeahthat: I'm going to take a bunch of laxatives the day before to clean out my gut real good before I go; just in case this happens to me! Thanks for the heads up! :rofl: if I get them there and all is well, I'll never speak to the business partner again... I don't even think he realizes the extent of the jam he's put me in!

Gixxerman420 said:
if I get them there and all is well, I'll never speak to the business partner again... I don't even think he realizes the extent of the jam he's put me in!

That is what has happened to me each time I got involved with a "Partner" in anything.

Sooner than later, the partner screws me over somehow.

I'll never have another "Partner" in anything. I do much, much better when its just me.

StoneyBud said:
That is what has happened to me each time I got involved with a "Partner" in anything.

Sooner than later, the partner screws me over somehow.

I'll never have another "Partner" in anything. I do much, much better when its just me.
I did too, but I'm in a 6 apartment complex; in the middle of the building! And the old lady won't have it here! I'd like to move to a more secluded area, but good luck getting her to go anywhere! I still haven't heard from the prospective new home; I may have wasted the last month entirely! I hate when **** like this happens; but I guess I should have seen it coming though!

Latest posts

Back