advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTTY81

Reaction score
hi everyone , im new to this could ne1 pls give me some advice . im thinking of putting a set up in my shed using a grow tent . how could i hide ir heat from chopppppppp

Guy on here called 4u2smoke, top fella and grows in his shed maybee he can help.
Other than that, insulation, apparently IR carn't see through it.
Hope not cos i in stages of planning a sea of green in attic and pig copter over head a lot in my area lol.
Insulate the roof and go to town with the cooling/extraction

Thanks NeBud for the props...

what type of shed we talking about? wood construction or metal? what type of lights are we useing? and what are we useing for exhaust? feel free to Pm me I will be glad to lend a hand if I can..Thanks for growing:bolt::bong:

I was thinking about this too.with the venting has anyone thought of running a 20' pipe underground and running the exaust thru it to cool off before it makes it outside to keep the heat sig down?

SCOTTY81 said:
hi everyone , im new to this could ne1 pls give me some advice . im thinking of putting a set up in my shed using a grow tent . how could i hide ir heat from chopppppppp

Doubtful a 600w light in a tent within a shed will set the alarm bells ringing for a chopper.

If you are worried go and buy either a tumble dryer or central heating boiler cowl/hood and run the vent through that, in the event of a helicopter spotting the heat source which will probably never happen to begin with a boiler vent or tumble dryer vent will not look that suspicious.

4u2smoke what do u think about the IR blocking materials like polyshield & thermalshield.

I'm really new to growing, but I have a High Output Florescent grow light. The people at my hydro store recommended it. It's probably not as good as a high end HPS or MH light, but it's really energy efficient, very little heat (plants can touch the light bulbs), and my pants are doing really well (minus a few unrelated minor problems). I'm sure there will be some difference of opinion, but I am really happy with my light. It has four bulbs, two in a red spectrum, two in a blue.You can check out my entire set up here.

Latest posts

Back