au naturale outdoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budboy

Reaction score
This is my first grow season, using some bag seeds.
This grow will use no fertilizers nutrients etc. just some potting soil, water, love, and sun.

Started in early May
Here is the recap of so far

Germination: I took 2 plates, placed a few sheets of paper towels on a plate, placed 5 seeds on the towels, put more towels on top. Heavily moistened the towels, covered the plate with another plate kinda like a clam. Put a heating pad on top.
i checked on them about 12 hours in, the seeds were cracked with tiny roots showing.
After another 12 hours, 4 of the seeds had half inch roots
After waiting another 12 hours with roots at about an inch, i planted them in paper cups, kept the paper cups near a window. In a few days i had 2 seedlings, in all their 2 leaf glory

The grow so far: After a week of having the seedlings indoors i threw em outside, still in the paper cups.
During the night there was a bad storm, so the only thing on my mind in the morning was :shocked: OH GOLLYMY PLANTS!:shocked: I went out to check on them, and oh man, not a good sight, one of my plants was flooded, with a pool of water on top of the soil. I quickly dug a hole in an empty planter box and threw the soggy plant/soil/root mixture into the hole and went to school anxious to get home and see if it made it.
To my relief when i got home, she was alright, no damage done. I decided i wasnt screwing around with the paper cups anymore, and threw the other plant in the soil.

Nothing really interesting after that, besides growth.:watchplant:

Today June 18th, they are looking good, nice and green. im thinking about a move, as i cant continue to grow the plants in my front yard 50 feet from the road, i have to go on a scouting mission into the woods behind my house, i havent been there recently but, from what i can remeber from last year, there are no good spots that have sunlight, the whole area is all heavily wooded.

June 24th
Major growth in the recent week :hubba: new pics added:hubba: look down

Can't wait to see your pics. Last year I had 2 outdoor beauties that I just dug a hole and dumped some fancy potting soil in. My girls loved it and all I had to do was just water them.

Good luck.

I want some opinions from you growers. Here is the situation, currently i have 2 plants growing in my front yard in a garden, it gets great sunlight all day, but there is a road about 50-75 feet away, i either need to move the plants into the forest where there isnt much light, or i can grow the plants lower to the ground. Currently im leaning towards strapping it to the ground(has anyone successfully done this?). But i want to hear what some more experienced people have to say.

Will the grow be on your property or on city property? If its the city's i say go for it! just dont get caught watering it if that roads busy alot. Peace and Love!!!!!!
Roken.

I've been thinking about doing a natural grow myself.
Good luck & can't wait to see the pictures :D

Some pics taken on June 24th

plants1june24small.jpg

plants2june24SMALL.jpg

Plantsjune24small.jpg

some of the leaves on my plant have gotten many tiny holes in it. i am pretty sure that its an insect, will post pics soon. anyone know any natural ways i can keep insects away from my plants?

Looking good so far, sure hope you have a longer growing season. Where I am, we had to green house them outdoors just so we can get the longer season for more cola ...
Looking good.

Watch for snails. Thats what we found to be eating on our leaves.
Suggestion for no chem grow, and slugs from one of the other growers, was to put copper tubing around the base of your plants.

Latest posts

Back