Beans from Carty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is cheaper and closer it is at Lowes. Do I need yo add pearlite or anything or just use my Jacks?

Attachments

• IMG_3523.png
    IMG_3523.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
I would 100% use the Majestic Earth.
The green bag of Premier is what I have been using, but it has 0 perlite in it, so I add it myself.
You will probably have to do the same with the Majestic Earth.
Btw, the Pro Mix I get from Walmart has mycos in it. It straight up smells like a hog farm when you open the bag.

The green bag of Premier is what I have been using, but it has 0 perlite in it, so I add it myself.
Btw, the Pro Mix I get from Walmart has mycos in it. It straight up smells like a hog farm when you open the bag.
Lol so if it goes outside there will be a million flys

If I can find the pro mix I can afford, I will go with that. I will have to find pearlite. I like using the Happy Frog it has everything but Mykos and is easy on seedlings. It is outrageous in price though. I pay about 11 bucks for 12 quarts.

This is cheaper and closer it is at Lowes. Do I need yo add pearlite or anything or just use my Jacks?
I add perlite to almost all soils cept the FoxFarm's Strawberry Fields as it was already loaded with it.. and be sure to look into Chunky perlite... stay away from Super Chunky, each chunk is the size of a Vicodin... I was like. dayum.. now that's chunky perlite. but the medium chunky is perfect, especially if soil already has some regular perlite within it..
I use that in all my soil mixes, and I also add about 30% Perlite in my mixes.
exactly.... dude, know a guy who grows in pure perlite and kills it... always someone doing something different outside the norm and doing awesome... I just love it.
The farm smell is a good thing, I get it using my Espoma plant starter plus, but like you said, few days it's gone... Mongo loves it.. lol. hey, what you paying for the, what is it a 3.8cu ft bale of Promix BX?

I add perlite to almost all soils cept the FoxFarm's Strawberry Fields as it was already loaded with it.. and be sure to look into Chunky perlite... stay away from Super Chunky, each chunk is the size of a Vicodin... I was like. dayum.. now that's chunky perlite. but the medium chunky is perfect, especially if soil already has some regular perlite within it..

exactly.... dude, know a guy who grows in pure perlite and kills it... always someone doing something different outside the norm and doing awesome... I just love it.

The farm smell is a good thing, I get it using my Espoma plant starter plus, but like you said, few days it's gone... Mongo loves it.. lol. hey, what you paying for the, what is it a 3.8cu ft bale of Promix BX?

IMG_4758.png

Only Pro Mix that I can find locally is this stuff here that Walmart carries spring through fall.

Im at odds as to whether I want to stay with Promix HP or try this plain brand and build my own. I can get double the peat for the price but have to add perilite which isn't that cheap. I'm gonna have to sit down and do the math.
Then I run into the brand loyalty thing. I have a good medium in promix that has given me some nice growth. Do I really wanna change? Ahh, the crap we mindfk ourselves over..lol.

Im at odds as to whether I want to stay with Promix HP or try this plain brand and build my own. I can get double the peat for the price but have to add perilite which isn't that cheap. I'm gonna have to sit down and do the math.
Then I run into the brand loyalty thing. I have a good medium in promix that has given me some nice growth. Do I really wanna change? Ahh, the crap we mindfk ourselves over..lol.
I have to go with what I can afford. I don't put too much thought into it. I am going to try the peat in the blue bag I posted somewhere. It was 20 bucks for 3 cubic Ltrs

Things are looking pretty good... remember with the Gabagoo, it's parents include Sour60.... she's a short fat headed girl that's not the biggest producer but dude, the smoke off of her is why I decided to work her into something.. that little plant was un freaking real.. the Blue Streak F3 I crossed her with brought out a bigger side nicknamed Agoo, Mr Magoo... so don't fret the smaller ones ok...
Beast Mode looks to be doing great, everyone is saying good things about her early on..

The 4 larger plants on the right in the last shot... try removing the round leaf (Cotyledon) and, the single bladed pot leaf right above it.. this makes it so the plants energy skips this area now and concentrates it's food, water etc towards upward growth....

Last edited:
Yes I was planning on it tomorrow they will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. If I do it sooner than that I usually kill my plant. I did a couple today. Post picture. I am not fretting about any of them. I have them in groups. They all look similar to each other. I only get nervous if I plant several of the same seed and they all look different. I know no 2 plants are exactly alike but there are enough similarities. I think they all look good just real impressed with the size and structure of the Gdp and the Runtz cross. They are huge and beautiful all in one.

Yeah, usually when they all look different your most likely dealing with F2 seed stock. this is the 2nd breeding series and the ones breeders want.. Why you ask? F2 will show the biggest variance between plants showing the Mom's side pure, Mom's side mixed, same with the Dad's side so right there you have at least 4 phenotypes... and the hybrids go on and on with an F2 seed stock grow... so basically giving them the biggest choices to breed onward with..

By F3 your now choosing a particular female, just 1. and at this point, a single male vs using 3 in the earlier stages to assure all genetics get passed along before narrowing down a pheno you want to keep working.

By F4 your seeing uniformity because your choices at F2 and F3 have helped narrow down how many phenos show up.. hopefully just 2... and usually the girls will be very close to each other.

Take it to F5 and now your ready to begin backcrossing to a single male plant, so you'd want to save his pollen maybe from F3 stock... Grow out your F5 and pick your favorite grower and hit it with the pollen.
these seeds will be your best and worth feminizing next..

F5 bx1.

The 4 bags you are buying have a total of 2 cubic feet of soil in them.

One compressed Pro Mix block has 2 cubic feet of soil in it.

You will actually be getting the same amount of soil for $18.00, that you have been paying $44.00 for.

I can buy a 2 cubic foot bag of Happy Frog off the shelf around here for around $24.00.
I have never seen a bag of Happy frog bigger than 12 Quarts around here.

If I can find the pro mix I can afford, I will go with that. I will have to find pearlite. I like using the Happy Frog it has everything but Mykos and is easy on seedlings. It is outrageous in price though. I pay about 11 bucks for 12 quarts.
Ok here are my girls. Time to water them anyway. A few look hungry
IMG_3614.jpeg
IMG_3615.jpeg
IMG_3616.jpeg
IMG_3617.jpeg

Latest posts

Back