Big Bud - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man your young ladies are looking great. Can't wait to see some fat frosty buds on them. Keep up the great work man it's gonna pay off in the end. ;)

hey your doing real good keep what your doing up any y'all be smoking and know time.

Lookin great man. Those babies are gonna like all that new room.

More pics, from today. I haven't yet watered the 2 on the far left since transplant but the other four have been watered and are taking off like crazy. I might have to remove some shelves to get the light pulled up high enough to finish flowering.

119b.JPG

119d.JPG

119e.JPG

hey watch out i know now once you switch the lights they stretch out like crazy

Well I've been able to see pistils on most plants for several days now. What about the other two? Is it normal to have a few days variance in when they show? How much time would it be abnormal? (ie. they are actually males and the longer I wait to see pistils the closer I come to having my whole crop fertilized)

I can't wait for flowering but I still need the alternating nodes, too.

hey im a little bit further in than you and i took my male out right when i saw balls and put it in to flower in a diffferent rooom i want some seeds. now two weeks later it has still yet to drop pollen but there are big balls hanging everywhere imho you have time to find just look at your plants every day and youll be fine. also once your plants show preflowers it means they are also mature enough to flower

Hey all, I started flowering a couple days ago and gave them their first half dose of tiger bloom and big bloom and they are doing great. Lots of light green indicating new growth. They are all between 20" and 24" now, and I had to throw one male out. I got 5/6 so pretty good. They are going crazy taking up all my closet space, I threw my 2x 3' flourescent back in there as well just leaning against the wall.

Bought weatherstripping at the store and sealed off the closet doors which are sliding on tracks so it was kind of a task. There is a little light when the HPS is on at night, but I doubt any bedroom light is getting in there. Plus I threw a doubled up sheet (dark, flannel) over the top half to help out.

Here are some new pictures.

1118.JPG

1118c.JPG

1118d.JPG

Whats up ProductiveSmoker. Man o man you arn't lying those ladies are filling that closet right up. Once those buds really start it's gonna be a freaking jungle in there. Your doing a great job man keep it up. ;)

Hey, your grows looking real good, Ive just bought some big bud seeds so i will be really interested to see your ladies at the end of flowering, Keep it up!:)

New pics - 11/23

Now around 24" - 27" and filling in nicely. Still doing the half dose of tiger and big bloom at each watering.

1123a.JPG

1123b.JPG

1123c.JPG

1123d.JPG

1123e.JPG

One thing that I thought was great was that I was able to use the soil that the male was in since it never had a chance to pollinate. I got most of the roots out and solved the earlier soil shortage issue I had with two of my females. Hopefully this will encourage them to shoot up a little like the others.

Man everytime you update it looks like your ladies have grown 4 inches. ;) I love to just sit and watch them grow. :aok:

Hey you might want to get the shorties up on something to get them closer to the light like the others. They are lookin real good man. After getting them out of those lil pots they really started to take off. Good call learnintogrow. You really need to get rid of that name now lol (I know it's only been said a hundred times ;-).

Well guys and gals, it's been a while and I'm sorry. But everything is going great and I am about outta room in that closet! My tallest two are past the reflector now but since the ends aren't enclosed on it I think they're still receiving some light. Threw the flouros in there vertically and will be sending them around in a rotation to get those lower buds going.

Tallest is 3'10" and shortest is 2'3". Essentially, I have three that are short and have a ton of bud growth near the top because I had them in a row in back with the flouros over them in addition to the HPS. The taller two are a PITA and that problem will be eliminated in future grows through several methods such as more flouros to even things out, closer HPS to plants from an earlier age to eliminate stretching, etc.

Still doing Big Bloom:Tiger Bloom in a 3:2 ratio at each watering. Full strength (roughly, I'm eyeballing with a kitchen spoon) and it's going great. Have one yellow spot on the top of a plant but I think that's due to heat when I left the fan off.

IMAG0101.JPG

IMAG0110.JPG

IMAG0108.JPG

Oh yeah, wanted to add a couple things. That's my 8yo, 80lb golden retriever in there for a little perspective. I also have what I think are trichromes which give the leaves a bubbled appearance and are very sticky. Unlike everything I have read about big bud, these plants are really growing a lot at the top and I doubt I'll have a problem with the lower branches cracking under weight of the bud. We'll see.

Here's a couple decent shots, some of those last ones sucked.

IMAG0115.JPG

IMAG0116.JPG

hi ps.
i grew some nlxbb before,really good smoke tasted like kind bud good upity high.my freinds loved it.the buds wherent really big like i hoped but big enough.lots of resin and trics,i waited till my trics turned amber with some cloudyness in them it was the perfect high.your plants look great keep it up and they will reward you very well.looks like to have 3-4 more weeks left

Whats going on PS. Man those ladies really took off on ya and they are looking great i might add. Your gonna have one hell of a room full of bud at about week 8 man. Whatever your doing keep it up. ;)

Another update, and need some help with the whole, when to harvest question. These pics were taken today.

It looks like a fair amount of pistils are turning the reddish/brown hue. Some of the colas have only a couple within the top three inches and still exhibit full white pistils, others are at about 40% red pistils all the way up. Most of the lower branches have buds with red hairs around 50%.

I don't have a good enough magnifying glass to see the trichromes up close, so I'm wondering if I can gain any insight from you guys???

One dude said it looked like I was 3-4 wks out on 12/9.

Latest posts

Back