Cheese

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been picking seeds for the last month-2 months now.

im back to the all males must be destroyed mentality again :evil: i hate cleaning buds, but dont want to smoke all my sensi

also had a seed mold up and ruin some while putting other strains at risk a couple days ago, make sure your drying your seeds even one soft one can ruin them all. youll be able to smell it also (how i noticed, opened the jar and had the odor). 2nd time this happened to me, just one soft seed in the mix and thier done.

also its a good idea to keep purchased beans seperate from beans you created just for that fact.

Thanks, Puff, I didn't know any of that. I thought seeds came off the plant ready to put up in the cupboard.

I can see how easy it might be to make unwanted seeds -- I'm going to try hard to keep the pollen under control and just fert one branch of a plant -- we will see..

How long to they take to dry? There is always more to it than you think, lol

Peace

couple weeks would definately guarantee you they're dry.

just dry them with the buds, and when the buds are ready to cure, the seeds will be ready also ;)

over drying seeds can cause a "hard seed" which can take longer to germ but that usaually happens after a extended period think its like 8% moisture left

The Cheese is aging slowly but nicely. I should get a crop to harvest :) I'm not going to do anything to the next crop -- no Fim, topping, or lst -- It has occured to me that I have never let a plant just grow out, and I am going to have a lot of plants in the tent next grow. One of them (the AK47 mother) will be a little bush, but the rest I will just let grow. What do you think?

100_1164.JPG

100_1165.JPG

100_1166.JPG

100_1167.JPG

100_1168.JPG

Wow Hemperfi i have never seen such a uniform plants from above as photo #5 and what id so with that is pull the underneath branches to the sides so it looks from above like 8 branches instead of the 4 it appears to look like.
Sweet looking coming on nicely.
T4

Looking good Hemper. How long have they been in 12/12 now? I am really looking forward to a smoke report on these.

I wouldn't let the plants go completely au natural, especially if your space is going to be crowded. I would at the very least recommend lollipopping them so that you do not get a lot of popcorn bud and also to allow for good air flow below the canopy.

That's a great idea, Goddess -- that's what I will do.

Here is that plant now T4 -- I opened her up some :)

Peace

100_1170.JPG

They have been in flower for 36 days -- 03-18 will be 60 days.

HF

Every time I sit and watch my plants I want to take pics -- I love this stage of growth, when the trichs are busting out, and the buds are swelling nicely. I believe beautiful, healthy MJ plants are a sight to behold -- the vedge area is exploding with green. There are still a few boys in there, but even so, the tent is going to be full, full. I'm loving this...

Peace

100_1175.JPG

100_1176.JPG

100_1177.JPG

100_1178.JPG

100_1179.JPG

Dont Forget The Rule Of Thumb Is The Boys Grow Taller And Bushier Faster Than The Gurls.
T4

Time4Plan-B said:
Dont Forget The Rule Of Thumb Is The Boys Grow Taller And Bushier Faster Than The Gurls.
T4

While I always hear that that is the Rule of Thumb. I personally have not found it to be so. I believe that I have just as many males show after the girls as before...kind of a 50/50 thing like male/female ratios.

I am keeping on top of things. Every day I examine every plant with a magnifying glass. The tallest, best-looking plants are the first ones I check. I believe I know which ones are male already, but no nanners yet -- I will keep a close watch on them -- even though I'm a little suspect in my ability to decern the difference -- I WILL learn to tell the difference betweena male and female preflower -- soon.

Peace

The Hemp Goddess said:
While I always hear that that is the Rule of Thumb. I personally have not found it to be so. I believe that I have just as many males show after the girls as before...kind of a 50/50 thing like male/female ratios.

From experience and in 15 years constantly growing over 50+ strains ive yet to have a female come close height or vigorous growth wise to a male so im sticking with my 'rule of thumb' being correct thg:D
T4

LOL--I have a great deal of experience, too and simply have not found that to be true (just recently had a small male BTB that showed later than the girl).

I'm just saying to keep your eyes open...as this certainly is not always the case.

Latest posts

Back