Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
again, once you see mites you've been had...when I saw the first one there must have been thousands, we need to train ourselves to look for bugs, especially when things are looking good...we get complacent then, at least I do...
as far as in the bugs in the bud, you bet they do...we've all smoked bugs if we've lives long enough...who knows what was in those bricks...it's organic matter, just sayin...:)

I've been on a cleaning rampage all morning. The last Early Miss auto went outside, so it wouldn't be in my way... and so my rampage wouldn't damage it. I did stop to look for mites on its "big" sister. Nothing in three days. I will hose her off again today just in case. I put them next to each other. Amazing how much bigger they get when they don't waste three weeks on life support.

emapair.jpg

Note the calcium deficient leaves on the young one. Thanks Happy Frog. Next time I use it (I have a ton of the stuff) I will add some bone meal.

After being hosed down almost every day I'm surprised the old one is in such good shape. Almost no damage on any leaf. The lower leaves where I found the mite damage have been gone for a while.

emapair2.jpg

It sure looks ready to harvest, but the trichomes are still mostly clear. The top bud is showing a few amber trichomes, but not nearly enough. When it's finally ready for harvest I need to get a pic of it with the leaves trimmed. The whole plant is bud, almost all the way to the dirt.

I've been thinking about predator mites. I'm wondering what they are fed at the "mite ranch". Could it be two-spot mites? I'm wondering because the GSCs were mite free for more than a week after I chopped the grow tent. Then I added the predators and three days later they are suddenly infested. I don't think I will be buying the predators again.

Rampage over. There was a shelf in the shop full of metal stock that looked like a good home for dormant mites, and I decided to relocate it upstairs in the attic. That did me in.

Twenty more leaves were removed from the GSCs and examined for mites, and none were present, not even predators. I didn't even find any eggs. I definitely saw two-spots on multiple leaves before, so I know they are still there. Maybe they were all in a meeting discussing the need for hazmat suits to protect them from the soap...

There was more leaf damage at the top, but I think it's from me stupidly spraying soap on the leaves when the lights were on. The leaves at the bottom are mostly undamaged.

heat1.jpg

heat2.jpg

I added calcium nitrate and epsom salt to the refill reservoir so they will get more every day. I don't expect it to help much, but it's cheap and isn't likely to make things worse.

wow, that's some nasty looking leaves...good idea to tear down completely when you can and bomb the place...I know I've mentioned it but do consider pylon bombs...shiit really works...

wow, that's some nasty looking leaves...good idea to tear down completely when you can and bomb the place...I know I've mentioned it but do consider pylon bombs...shiit really works...

I ordered a six pack. I plan to put one in each of three rooms, then hit them again in 3-4 days - after I go back in an clean all the floors with ammonia. If they can survive all of that, it's time to move. I'm not sure if I should bomb the upstairs. It's just an attic, but it's 600 square feet. No plants up there at all, but lots of stored materials.

I ordered a six pack. I plan to put one in each of three rooms, then hit them again in 3-4 days - after I go back in an clean all the floors with ammonia. If they can survive all of that, it's time to move. I'm not sure if I should bomb the upstairs. It's just an attic, but it's 600 square feet. No plants up there at all, but lots of stored materials.
I would bomb the attic. You just put all that stuff up there with possible contamination plus it might kill any other bugs up there that you don’t know about

I would bomb the attic. You just put all that stuff up there with possible contamination plus it might kill any other bugs up there that you don’t know about
That's a good point. I need to get up there and vacuum up the dust or it probably won't do any good.

sorry to say but it’s gonna take a couple of years to get those mites under control

bomb often and frequently , follow up,with diluted bleach , wipe down everything

wash , rinse , and repeat for two years

good luck , if one grows ganja long enough there is an excellent chance they will get into a fight with mites

sorry to say but it’s gonna take a couple of years to get those mites under control

bomb often and frequently , follow up,with diluted bleach , wipe down everything

good luck , if one grows ganja long enough there is an excellent chance they will get into a fight with mites
I plan to win the fight...

I plan to win the fight...
I know you said you have been using ammonia in your cleaning. You know that it doesn’t mix with bleach right? Hate to see you laying out in the floor taking bigs advice about diluted bleach without thinking about it. Not that you would but sometimes you get a little crazy right?

I know you said you have been using ammonia in your cleaning. You know that it doesn’t mix with bleach right? Hate to see you laying out in the floor taking bigs advice about diluted bleach without thinking about it. Not that you would but sometimes you get a little crazy right?
The ammonia takes the long term wax off the painted floor. Then I re-wax it. No bug can live through that. I would use bleach later on other surfaces, baseboards, etc.

Big question
How long can Mites lay dormant in wait before any chance of them rethatching ?

Latest posts

Back