Deep Purple Twins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtyolsouth

Zen Trichome Labs
Reaction score
HI fellow MPers:ciao:

I just popped (6) TGA 'Deep Purple' and (6) Mandala 'Ganesh' seeds... Much to my surprise I got one TGA seed that produced lil baby Deep Purple :baby: twins! :baby:

:holysheep:

Okay so I've heard of seeds popping more than one seedling but when I look down into the hole in the plug I grew it in I can see that the mainstem has a Y in it and both 'seedlings' come from the same stem... Like it was 'topped' before it was born...:confused:

so... I'll just let it grow per usual if they 'both' do well... Before I sex the plant I'll probably take clones from each 'seedling' and it will be interesting to see if they are both the same sex... They seem to be the same plant but I dunno... Anyone else seen this in their garden before?

How do it know?:cool:

DeepPurpleTwins.jpg

Hello dirty ill be fallowing along...i had a simeez twin last season..both died after week 3...Mojo for the twins:lama:

dirtyolsouth said:
Okay so I've heard of seeds popping more than one seedling but when I look down into the hole in the plug I grew it in I can see that the mainstem has a Y in it and both 'seedlings' come from the same stem... Like it was 'topped' before it was born...:confused:

Anyone else seen this in their garden before?

How do it know?:cool:

Hey dirtyolsouth....I had the same thing happen. One main stem but just out of the shell it Y'd, just like you are describing. It struggled for about two weeks then got a little life to it. Look at the bottom two posts in my grow journal.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47623&page=2

I ended up pinching one of the twins and tied them down to see if I could get some bud sites. It's my little mutant.

Hey DOS... wassssup :D

I had something similar when germing my current grow- except they popped about 1/2" apart from each other. I don't think I put 2 seeds in there, but I'm getting older, so I might have, you know:p .

Regrettably, the little darlings passed away pretty early on. They were a little behind the others I had going and I probably didn't harden them off long enough before throwing them (along with the others) into my box with a 400 watter.

Be interesting to see what happens professor! Keep us posted on her progress.

HIya...

Thanks so much for all the input everyone! :aok: Yup... they look fairly healthy so far but they are smaller than the others so we'll see if they are survivors. I'll try to post a weekly update on how the twins are faring...

Peace!~:cool:

I want one :mad:

Never had one before, seen several, not seen one grow fully yet.

If I had one I would cut from it and seed the cutting (if it survived, lots seem to die)

If it survived and the F1 produced the double trait then start backcrossing to keep the trait.

2 plants from 1 stem.

Interesting theory.

Lucky you DOS :)

You will have lots of eyes watching even if they do not comment.

:peace:

my la women were twins.. they are stunning I have pics of them posted in my grow closet post. I seperated them and repotted no issues since good luck...funny how even tho they are the same age one is always bigger..now they look about the same size..

Hi,

yup it's pretty odd HIE, loola & 2dog... The lil darlin is hanging in there but it's def a runt so far... I'll keep the GREEN mojo goin'... Thanx for stopping by!

Peace!:cool:

grabing a seat
i'll keep cheacking in to c how it is going
have not seen a seed do that in a long time gl with

mine didnt even out in size til I seperated them...good luck with the babies!!

HippyInEngland said:
You will have lots of eyes watching even if they do not comment.

:peace:

Yep, that's me. I am looking forward to seeing how it does, even if I don't comment on it.

2Dog said:
mine didnt even out in size til I seperated them...good luck with the babies!!

Hi 2dog... the only way these can be separated is if both stems develop a separate root system or wait to clone the smaller one when it's big enuf... There is a Y in the mainstem above where the stem goes down into the rooter plug and I covered it up with a bit of soil...

So here they are a week later... They are both smaller than my other seedlings but are both doing well... I'm going to shade the taller of the two and see if I can get Jr. to catch up... Right now it looks like the taller one is trying to pull the smaller one up...

Peace!:cool:

DPtwins2wks.jpg

Seedlings.jpg

they look awesome dirty..

nice looking good for twins.......... hope it all works out for ya........heres some green mojo

thats pretty cool DOS! never seen that before....good luck and mojo for your ladies! :D

Looking excellent! Odd, but excellent.

Latest posts

Back