GM Multi Strain Photo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green, I use a ridged screen in my RDWC grows. Mine's the 2"x4", but it's a chunk of a hog pen fence, about nine gauge. Super heavy. My girls don't get to peak their heads out 'til I let 'em.
It was funny the first time I grew a SCROG, I used 12 plants. Took a couple of weeks for them to fill up the canopy. The second time, I used 6. It only took a week longer for the six to fill it up. Once they've got their heads up, I give 'em a month to grow and then I cut anything that's below the screen.

Got 2 questions. Are you sure that it's not light or heat stress? Jacks got cal mag too ?
Looking amazing 😁
I'm pretty sure it's not. She's the only one doing this edge curl. This is the Sugar Black Rose. Out of the two plants this one seems to grow more lean like a sativa leaning hybrid. More narrow and longer than the other plant.
Yeah jacks has the calmag mix 15-0-0. I got some at the grow shop. I say some...lol. I now own enough to last till 2075...50lbs

Green, I use a ridged screen in my RDWC grows. Mine's the 2"x4", but it's a chunk of a hog pen fence, about nine gauge. Super heavy. My girls don't get to peak their heads out 'til I let 'em.
It was funny the first time I grew a SCROG, I used 12 plants. Took a couple of weeks for them to fill up the canopy. The second time, I used 6. It only took a week longer for the six to fill it up. Once they've got their heads up, I give 'em a month to grow and then I cut anything that's below the screen.

Hog fence...I love that. Scrog aka Hog Fence

I like the 2x4 welded wire. I think ya got enough to hold them beasts back Hippie 😂

The best plants I've found to use in a scrog are clones. Ya already know how much they stretch, what they eat, and how big they will get. I'm a big fan of cleaning out below too. I could take a few clones but I'm trying to burn through all these fem seeds. My next venture will be with regular seed...and I've got some nice ones.
Thanks for dropping in hippie

I'm pretty sure it's not. She's the only one doing this edge curl. This is the Sugar Black Rose. Out of the two plants this one seems to grow more lean like a sativa leaning hybrid. More narrow and longer than the other plant.
Yeah jacks has the calmag mix 15-0-0. I got some at the grow shop. I say some...lol. I now own enough to last till 2075...50lbs
Let me set that straight...the jacks 15-0-0 is calcium nitrate...not calmag

So here's the ladies at 8 days into 12/12. Nothing real exciting to report. This week I should get a decent stretch in there and start moving some stems around. I'll be morphing into stretch Armstrong here soon.
IMG_20240311_171248996.jpg
IMG_20240311_171211012.jpg

I’m enjoying the ease of Jacks as well. I switched to Jacks Bloom Booster when I started flowering. I am supplementing with GO Cal Mag because I have it and AN Bud Candy, again because I have it. Nice garden.

Scrog Shutdown 😢

Well, I had to make a decision I didn't want to make. Just found out I'll be wearing this catheter till surgery in late June. I'm pretty pissed..no pun intended.
There is no way I can crawl around or squat with this thing in my junk. I move to much and it bleeds pretty bad and i get bag full of piss n blood. Did a watering on my own the other night. Had to stop and get help. So, I had a friend come over and remove the screen for me.

Disappointed but not beaten yet..lol. I'll get in there and tie them down a bit. Spread them out. Make the best of what I can work with. The 4 plants in there are beautiful so far. All at almost the end of week 2 flower.

Gotta give big appreciation to the wife. She's been stepping up and helping with waterings. I'm gonna turn that girl into a gardener yet..lol.

4x4 update

Day 14 12/12

Seeing a little more stretch this week. The tent is starting to fill up. 4 well vegged photos fit good in there. They seem to be okay with the Jack's
IMG_20240317_174135618.jpg

IMG_20240317_174151878.jpg

The two Sugar Black Rose girls are growing fast. They appear to be two slightly different plants. These are supposed to be some pretty potent buds.
IMG_20240317_174135618~2.jpg

Barney's Critical Kush is growing those heavy leafed stems. Tops look like fists pushing towards the light. Sturdy plant showing some big potential. My first Barneys strain.
IMG_20240317_174209607~2.jpg

Tangie seems a step behind the rest but it's gaining speed fast. It is a very thick growth girl w heavy leaf and growth.
IMG_20240317_174521658.jpg

4x8 update

14 days 12/12

Only 7 total photos in there and 1 rouge mystery auto and things are starting to get moving on this stretch. Most of them are showing a nice elongation and multiple bud sites. The indica dominant strains in there I've done minimal training on but the other sativa hybrid learners Ive been more aggressive with. Height being my main concern of course.
IMG_20240317_174048993.jpg

Everybody get Jack's and obviously they are getting what they need. I'm seeing some really nice rich green colors and rapid growth. Been working in the Calcium Nitrate rolling into this flower stage and they seem to be okay with it. I'm not seeing any calcium or magnesium deficiency yet.

Cornbread...she's the beast of the bunch and a week older than all the others. I'm watching her like a hawk. This is my bagseed girl. I expect her to either throw some male sacs out below or she may poke out a banana or two near the end. I may get lucky and be just fine. Cornbread is a pretty potent strain. If she doesn't hermies I may have to take a cut before harvest.
IMG_20240317_173913587.jpg
IMG_20240317_173907998.jpg

Afghan Skunk and Northern Lights/Skunk....Both should be indica dominant. They are short compact plants with not a lot of vertical growth. The Afghan was thrown into flower at 3 weeks and is just now getting busy. The NL is a dense leaf plant. Very bushy and very much like my GigaBud in my last grow. I don't expect she'll get real big but I may get a slight surprise hopefully.
IMG_20240317_173955314.jpg
IMG_20240317_174009433.jpg

Cinderella 99... I've been wanting to grow this for years and from what I've researched the Growers Choice offering of this strain is promising. I've had this smoke before but not from my own crop. Here I'm seeing two phenos. One plant is more sativa and one my hybrid. Both have turned into beautiful plants and are growing like mad.
IMG_20240317_173918716.jpg
IMG_20240317_173941575.jpg

Durban Poison... She's a thick one. Fat main stem and no dense foliage like the Afghan or NL. Once she finishes the stretch I'll probs have very little to remove below. Her main has been held down and now the rest of the plant is starting to catch up. She has some deep green foliage. Darker than all the rest.
She doesn't look like other DP grows I've looked at. This plant has semi fat not so long leaf like a indica dominant hybrid. She's supposed to be a 100% sativa but I'm just not seeing it.
IMG_20240317_173928318.jpg

The mystery auto... She's chugging along. About 3 weeks to go. I held off the calcium nitrate from this plant. Just to see when and how fast a calcium deficiency would show up. It showed up last week as it rolled into week 7. I dosed it with some calcium nitrate last feeding and the spread of the deficiency has seems to halt.
Since this auto popped up unexpectedly I've used it to help me feed autos better in the future. My last run with autos I overfed and caused a lot of damage. This grow I've only used jacks and calcium nitrate at low levels each watering and it seems to be a good routine for them. Looking forward to growing more autos this fall. I think I e got a little better grip on what they need now.
IMG_20240317_174000186.jpg
The G13 Haze is a beautiful plant so far. Not much to say about her. I leave her alone and let her do her thing. I don't think she will be real large but I do expect some nice smoke from her. Not much training for her.
IMG_20240317_174015770.jpg

Last edited:
3/23/24

4x8 update
21 days 12/12

End of week 3 flowering and all is well so far. The stretch is in full swing and sometime this week I expect them to halt the vertical growth. Once they do I will get in there and take care of the undergrowth to help some ventilation below and get rid of low larf.
I've been removing leaf as I go but have not been training them much since the first two rounds of tying down. At this point I'm going to wait for the stretch to end.
Last grow I had some photos that I damaged the roots and stunted growth. This grow I have well vegged plants with no problems and they are filling up my space quickly. I'm seeing that 4 plants in a 4x4 space is more than enough...mental note for sure.

First up is the C99. Two reside in the big tent and are two different plants. This one is a more sativa structure. Not so dense longer more narrow leaf and big thick branching. I've not removed leaf from her in a few weeks. I see no reason to yet.
IMG_20240323_182001355.jpg
IMG_20240323_181946373.jpg

The other C99 is no doubt a eye catcher. Pretty green dense growth but not packed in there like the indicas. She is spreading out nicely. I expected her and her sister to be my stretchy girls but it has been moderate so far.
IMG_20240323_182431659.jpg
IMG_20240323_182548621.jpg

Cornbread. I am very pleased with this plant. She is my lone Bagseed from a dispensary buy. It is the largest and oldest plant of them all. It is the only one with the main removed so she's spreading out very nice. I'm still watching her above and below for any sign of hermies. It would be a major loss to loos her at this stage. She is a beautiful plant that looks like she going to provide a load of dope.
IMG_20240323_181913589.jpg
IMG_20240323_181858024.jpg

Durban Poison. Wow, what a wicked looking plant. Definitely the one that catches my eye. Her foliage is a dark green. Has been since the beginning. Her leaves are sparse and her main and branching is fat and thick. The sturdiest looking plant I've seen in a while. Not totally sure what to expect from her but I'm sure it will be good.
IMG_20240323_182207266.jpg
IMG_20240323_182125998.jpg

Afghan Skunk. This little one is chugging along. Not the biggest girl in the bunch but she was flipped into flower at 3 weeks of veg time. She needed a little more time that I didn't have so I flipped her anyway.
IMG_20240323_174001659.jpg
IMG_20240323_173958160.jpg

Continued next page

3/23/24

4x8 update
21 days 12/12.

Northern Light Skunk. Not much to say about a plant that looks great and is moving right along. This probably won't be a big plant but worth the effort. She has many variegated leaves on her.
IMG_20240323_174220732.jpg
IMG_20240323_174200486.jpg

G13 Haze. Never grown any G13 mixes before. This little lady is growing fast but I don't expect her to get really big.
IMG_20240323_174053279.jpg
IMG_20240323_174046282.jpg

Lastly the rouge automatic which somehow slid into the mix. Supposed to be a Purple Haze photo from G13 Labs but surprise..it's not. Matter fact. G13 Labs doesn't even have a purple Haze auto. So who knows what this is. Anyways, she's spent most of her life hanging with the photos and has flowered in 12/12. I can definitely see a loss in yield using this light cycle but I have nowhere else to put her. None the less she's packing on some weight and nearing the end at 62days.
IMG_20240323_173929204.jpg
IMG_20240323_173843588.jpg

Dude you're crazy... growing so many different strains and all of them looking amazing. Tried once multistrain and I failed miserably 🤣
To be honest I'm not to sure how this is all falling together and to be totally honest it's going to well..lol. i expected issues with this many strains. There's always that strain that just doesn't want to play with the others but so far they all love the Jack's. So I'll give credit to Mr JR Peters, promix, city tap water, and small maintenance doses of calcium nitrate and Epsom salt. It's all working for now but I've got a long way to go. Thanks for dropping in ilv911.

To be honest I'm not to sure how this is all falling together and to be totally honest it's going to well..lol. i expected issues with this many strains. There's always that strain that just doesn't want to play with the others but so far they all love the Jack's. So I'll give credit to Mr JR Peters, promix, city tap water, and small maintenance doses of calcium nitrate and Epsom salt. It's all working for now but I've got a long way to go. Thanks for dropping in ilv911.
What size doses of Calcium nitrate and Epsom have you been giving, and how often?
Are you top dressing, or mixing with water?

Latest posts

Back