Happy mistake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick

Reaction score
So, last year I bought a batch of feminized Inzane in the Membrane from Ethos. The first batch I ran, I missed a hermie hiding in the middle and had some pollination. Lost power and it took me too long to get it back up one time, and I was really new to this, so I THINK it was probably a matter of stress, not genetics. A friend of mine had brought me a little bitty Wedding Cake clone to finish out and she was sitting right next to the offender. When I was going through the finished WC, I found a few really nice seeds. Maybe 1 or 2 to a bud. Not awful, but not perfect, and the bud is really good so I'm happy with it anyway. Now...I know you're not supposed to grow bagseed, but is this technically bagseed? I'm pretty sure I know who mom and mom were, and they were both spectacular. I stuck 4 in starter blocks and all 4 are coming in super thick, probably my best starts from seeds ever. I will definitely watch them like a hawk, since one way or another, there's hermie in that history, but is it possible I'll get something new and wonderful from this?

Of course you will get something outstanding and then it will hermi and ruin your crop

Actually, they are worse than bagseed. You KNOW it hermied. Loosing power does not stress the plants to hermy. These seeds are genetically predisposed to hermy. Please, please, please throw the seeds away and do not propagate seeds that come from known hermies.

A couple of decades, I never saw hermies. I believe that poor methods of making fem seeds have contributed greatly to the proliferation of hermies that we see nowadays. Anything is possible, but if this were my garden they would have gone straight into the trash bin (where I very strongly believe they should be). Hermies are a blight on cannabis.

Yup it's essentially bagseed. Maybe higher quality bagseed, but nonetheless... And you don't really know mom and mom, or mom doin ' the cha cha to herself.... never know what kind of recessive or undesirable traits might pop up in a selfed generation, and you already know a parent can herm under your conditions.
Not really worth the risk. If you feel better keeping the seed for some future emergency cool cool but herm spawn would be my last choice to grow.

Hermie plants make hermie seeds. No reason to think otherwise.....now if you dont care about seeds in your buds, by all means grow them out. It just kills your yeilds.

So I have a pile of lotto tickets :( I didn't think it was worth mentioning, but I already finished one of the Inz x Inz plants out from a seed. Highest yield ever, highest quality ever and not found a single seed yet. I thought, based off that, I was onto something. Thanks for the input all...guess I'll try this Terpwin Station out sooner than later. Guy at the grow shop said his buddy grows Inzane and gets a lot of hermies too. That makes me sad, I hope all of Ethos' strains don't do that.

Latest posts

Back