Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
or peppermint patty's dog... ;)

i had to look up shrodinger for the spelling and i wasn't really sure if i was mis-remembering it to be schrodinger and not schroeder...

It is Schrodering's cat, my mistake. Schroder's cat is a band. So others know what I am talking about …
Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment, sometimes described as a paradox, devised by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935.[1] It illustrates what he saw as the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects. The scenario presents a cat that may be simultaneously both alive and dead,[2][3][4][5][6][7][8] a state known as a quantum superposition, as a result of being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur. The thought experiment is also often featured in theoretical discussions of the interpretations of quantum mechanics. Schrödinger coined the term Verschränkung (entanglement) in the course of developing the thought experiment.

Morning OFC !-- Dam cats !-- U can't trust a cat !--
So what happens if I get in my time machine and go back and kill my grandpa before my daddy was born --have sex with my grandma and get her pregnant ?-- Who am I ?-- Am I ?-- Would that make me my own grandpa ?-- Who is my daddy ?

changing events in the Past, changes the Future. You would cease to exit, since you were never born. It would create a time loop. None of which has ever been possible.

Perhaps the half full glass is a slightly better analogy. In order for a glass of water to be half full it must also be half empty, simply by definition. The glass is half full and half empty at the same time, not one or the other. Schrodinger premise of the cat having the potential of being alive or being dead at any moment in time meant it was both alive and dead at the same time.

Good morning all,
Anyone else ready for spring? Smoking some lambs bread the dispensary had. who knew?
I am liking cherry pie too. Looking forward to the BoC in four months along with the others.
Zig, thinking about you. We heart you.
Keef, hows the phone?
Umbra, do you get to stay home again?What are you smoking?

LOL I'm not sure what my schedule is today yet. I'm waiting to hear from 1 of my co workers about the test results from a couple wells. Follow up CT scan on lungs tonight.

Hey Rose !-- It's a phone it does the job !-- Umbra's and I were working our way around to CERN -- Quarks and the God Particle !
I should do some cleaning and stuff today ?-- Maybe ?-- I forgot to take some caps -- We can't have that !

It is Schrodering's cat, my mistake. Schroder's cat is a band. So others know what I am talking about …
Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment, sometimes described as a paradox, devised by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935.[1] It illustrates what he saw as the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects. The scenario presents a cat that may be simultaneously both alive and dead,[2][3][4][5][6][7][8] a state known as a quantum superposition, as a result of being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur. The thought experiment is also often featured in theoretical discussions of the interpretations of quantum mechanics. Schrödinger coined the term Verschränkung (entanglement) in the course of developing the thought experiment.

NOVA last night was a pretty good one and pertinent to this discussion. Einstein's Quantum Riddle discussed his opposition to Quantum Mechanics as being complete. Nels Bohr came up with Quantum Entanglement to explain how 2 particles could instantaneously 'communicate' over any distance kind of in violation of special relativity. I can't keep up with the math but it still sounds a bit like poppycock to me. One of the physicists toward the end was stating that Quantum Mechanics pretty much makes it so there is no space(in the 3 or 4 dimensional aspect) and humans are stuck on viewing the world by how we sense it. Just because I cannot argue mathematically with these massive brains, does not mean that what I see, hear and feel is wrong. Or maybe it does...

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/einsteins-quantum-riddle/

I'm too high to do math -- I'm still trying to figure out how they moved the big stones at Balbek and the temple mound -- We can't move stone that big today but there it is ?-- I'm pretty sure it wasn't done with levers and ropes -- Musta been magic ?--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back