Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Guys !-- I get the Hippy to post a few pics once in awhile so my peeps know I'm not making stuff up !- Kraven ask if it was bi - weekly --Yep. !- -- tihe .tricky part is timing -- 6 weeks, after a clone or reveg is ready is in veg. It 's ready for bloom !-- I have to work with a plant that finishes in about 60 days - Move some to bloom every two weeks and --4 X 15 = 60 -- harvest - move another group to bloom and that's my rotation !-- Kraven ask about harvest weight !- The plan is 2 boxes in a group which is about a square meter or yard !- The goal is 500 grams per meter !-- I may be a dreamer but I got a fair to middlin change of growing a kilo a month out of a walk in closet and an unused shower stall !-

Sounds good Keef. That might be attainable 600g is 1.32 lbs so that would be a good grow in my opinion.

Did U see the rosemary in each box.?-- no more spidermites !-- My biggest problem with my grow is having enough clones to maintain the rotation !- Switching to RO water bout wiped me out cause it has no cal/ mag in it !-- That Reverse Osmosis filter cost about $125 and is worth it even if U used just to make drinking water !-- easy installation - my is mounted under bathroom sink ! Took about 15 min.

Awesome on the rosemary Keef. Looks like you got it figured out.

Hippie, how bout orange? A nice classy orange. That would be a compromise, red and yellow equalling orange and all.

We working it Rose !- Everytime I think I got it all figured out a disaster happens - Dog Pecker Knats got me when I started in dirt -- switched to aero ( by cutting the plants down and re- rooted the tops-They had almost recovered when the spidermites moved in !-- my cure was almost as bad as the disease-- I dunked them in soapy water and stuck them back under the lights -- burnt my sheet to pieces - enough survived for me to rebuild -- Everything is up and running and I'm gonna switch two boxes every two weeks when I changed to RO water !-- Lost about 3/4 of my grow by the time I got things back under control ! We'll see what happens next !

Who`s ready to sit down and burn a couple bowls ? Been fightin` computer gremlins all day again. Passwords do not work. I do not talk computer speak or understand it either.

U guys may not understand why I don't just switch to dirt - it would be much easier !-- Well it boils down to production per meter per year !-- In the same space that they get one maybe two harvest per year -- I run my rotation in the same amont of space and can get a harvest every two weeks !-- Don't need to match them quanity per harvest !- I'll be harvesting about 20 times in the same time they grow their once a year harvest !!--

Hippy -- better toke up !-- I'm working on a legendary buzz down here !-- Oh !-- about my rotation -- 8 feet ceilings -- I only need 4 ft. To finish an indica -- I'll be stacking SOGs soo.er or later !- That means doubling the production in the same amount of space !-- When they say there is 6 months till the end of prohibition -- I start 4 of these " grow units " I 'm working on !-- There was also the mention of $20- 25 each for clones -- 100 twice a month is no problem !--

Sorry I forgot !- Hey in that pic of my bloom U can see my PPM pen and pH meter - is that the kind U guys use ?--

Hi everyone I just wanted to introduce myself to the old farts club. I hope I fit in. I am defiantly an old fart. I was big into the pot hobby during the 70s and 80s but was out of things for the last 30 years. I just started smoking seriously again about 6 months ago but won’t be doing much waking and baking as I am retired and on a fixed so I will have to wait for the first grow to come in before there is a lot of smoke in the house. I have just started working on a new grow room. It should be ready to crack seed in about 2 weeks. It will be small but enough for me and the wife. From what I see I am at the right place and will learn a lot from you folks.
I don’t get on the computer a lot. It goes in spells but will keep in touch. With a bit of luck will be waking and baking with all of you soon.
God knows I could use it.
The reference to god is just rhetorical. I am a traditional Buddhist which just means I a atheist looking for a better way.

Joe

Giggy, Are you trying to make yourself sick? I lost 25 pounds in 7 months! Slow down. Eat more.. that is not a healthy weight loss even if some was water that is too much too fast. Please take care of your self.

love, your mother,
rose
rose i haven't stopped eating, i eat three times a day and maybe a late snack. i just don't eat as much. it has made a big difference, and i have started lifting weights again as well as getting on my health ryder. i'm adding the bike this weekend. i have been walking a lot, well i have to to get to my plants and have to take 10 gallons of water when i go to water. it is all working out. a little later in the season i'll be taking even more water. thank you for your concern, but i'm staying on top of it.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Welcome to the O.F.C. Joe !-- U don't have to be high to hang out -- but it helps!--Ugh !- I'm still trying to figure out which way is up ! I need my pipe and a big cup of coffee !-- Later !

Morning OFC. Morning Joe. Its going to be a hot 1 today and I am going to be climbing on some roof to check the emissions out of a lab. Concerned they may be venting mutated genetic diseases directly into the atmosphere.

Joe - have U decided what to plant ?-- What growth medium U gonna use ? - all dirt is not created equally !-- Outside a sativa variety is best !- Indoors a good indica is the ticket ! -- Any problems -- One of the brothers got the solution !-- Be nice to have another aero pharmer - U saw the pics of what I do on the previous page !-- Teach U if U want to learn !-- That White Widow I grow is almost 2 years old !-- Those 2 boxes in bloom are all clones from the same plant ! Anyway U need help just ask !

Umbra -- Cuz sometimes U say too much about what U do !-- Be careful !!-- Knowing too much can be a liability !-

Good tip for the match box. I've never heard of scuffing the beans. Anyone care to elaborate for me??

Good morning ofc! Going to be 110 this weekend..YUCK, this is June... so glad we don't have global warming. It has never been this hot in June.

Gantt, the seeds umbra are talking about have a very hard shell. Then inside the shell is another tough membrane. By scuffing them they can absorb the water better and start to break down the shell easier. I have never had a shell so hard as the ones he scuffs. I have never had to do that before but will with these seeds.
It is a good tip for hard to germinate seeds.

Time to smoke um if you got um.

So scuffing is not really needed most of the time. Just for the exception I guess. I have always just dropped mine in the dirt to germinate. Haven't had the best success, but it was bagseed so I didn't care. Really don't want to ruin the store bought if I can help it. What is a good way?

Hi Keef
I’m just starting on a new room so not a lot is determined yet.
It will be in doors 30 inches by 5 foot with room to expand to 5 or 6 foot by 5 foot. It is just for me and the wife so we don’t need a lot. 3-4 grams a day would be great!
I have posted a few questions in the grow room setup and design forum but lighting choices will be determined by the answers I get and the lighting fixtures I have on hand.
The dirt choices are probably going to be a couple pots of dirt, type to be determined but mostly hydroponic eventually all hydroponic.
I like your setup and defiantly want and have a lot to learn.
The seed on hand is Northern lights and a variety of bag seed from some very good pot.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back