Larry OG Hamster cut 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my LED set up today and just opened the box and plugged it in. Man it is a lot brighter than I though it would be. Not sure if I will swap out my HPS set up this weekend or tonight. lol :D Will post some pics tonight or tomorrow of the set up.

super cool hammy---would u be so kind as to share pics of the light before u plug and play with all the specs---i too am considering a complete switch over from hps to led---thaks to pj, rb, and you blazing the trail

super cool hammy---would u be so kind as to share pics of the light before u plug and play with all the specs---i too am considering a complete switch over from hps to led---thaks to pj, rb, and you blazing the trail

I will take some pics tonight of the way it came, what it came with and pics of it. Also with it on grow setting and grow and bloom.

Hopefully PJ will drop in and share the info on COB LED's with us here on MP. Seems like they are the next evolutionary step in LED Lighting technology. Still a little pricey for me but as with everything, the price will come down.

I'll save Hammy the trouble on the pics. I did an un-boxing a minute back.

The official listed specs are on the site, and I still have not pulled it out to run the real deal specs, but I will this week I promise once I receive some brand new tech from a new light just on a scene 2 months arriving this week.
:)

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

View attachment 3.jpg

Veg lights only

View attachment 4.jpg

Bloom where both the veg and bloom switches are turned on.

View attachment 5.jpg

Those three you see that looked burned out or weak are UV, and should look this way for anyone wondering.

The new light coming is the new COB technology that I "believe" was first introduced by Hydrogrow [I may be wrong on that, been a minute since I heard it was coming out.]

It's supposed to be the same power as this light shown above, so I am going to compare this one, the new one, and my existing lights which "should" show to be around the same power, but I will believe it when I see it.

On a side note, stoked to hear what you think first time you try on some Larry LED buds Hammy. 6 mains only tied to the stake in a circle and flip it at 18". ;)

Watch what happens.
:farm:

Glad you popped in bro...was just yacking at you at the other place to maybe talk about COB. Looks promising. Love the way LED's are starting to take off and people are pushing the envelope. Thanks for the tips on how to open the plant up for LED. I was going to ask if I should pretty much do like you said. Stakes and open them up in a circle. 18" is going to be the tough part. :) I have to change my mindset a bit. :D

Glad you popped in bro...was just yacking at you at the other place to maybe talk about COB. Looks promising. Love the way LED's are starting to take off and people are pushing the envelope. Thanks for the tips on how to open the plant up for LED. I was going to ask if I should pretty much do like you said. Stakes and open them up in a circle. 18" is going to be the tough part. :) I have to change my mindset a bit. :D
18" in the length of the branch my good friend or top of the plant give or take . The circle can be 8" or so.
;)

Sick Pic PJ... I gotta say. It sounds crazy but I really seem to see my plants in veg looking a lot healthier and needing less food. Even in a couple days. The veg tent is running cooler than even the T5's that were in there.
The latest cuts of Larry threw roots and look healthy enough leaf wise but the growth sites dried up before the roots showed. I will hang on to them in case new growth starts to show, I need to take more cuts though.

Pics of the girls in Veg.

View attachment IMG_20140522_214337.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140522_214343.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140522_214404.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140522_214424.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140522_214439.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140522_214455.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140522_214512.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140522_214521.jpg

Hamster Lewis, you are the king. That Larry cut should be called Hamster Lewis.

I am continually impressed...you the one gallon hero. It takes skill to grow in a one gallon pot... You have it. (i do not)

i am in complete agreement rose. hammy is the true 1 gallon hero. somehow though i think b/c you and i are organic fanatics we'll sadly never pull those kinda results with so little medium. seems like we would have to make the soil far too hot to get enough food into that much medium OR would have to do weekly or bi weekly tea's all throughout flower. at least with HID's. maybe the fact that you can feed less with led's might change that for us. only time will tell.

LOOKIN GOOD HAMMY! :48: the greenest of the green mojo for u brotha

Real nice update. Looking forward to your next run with the LED's only all the way through. Exciting stuff.
:)

Thanks Shortbus and PJ. I am looking forward to the next run myself. :)

attachment.php

View attachment IMG_20140530_223135.jpg

Great looking plants Hamster.

Latest posts

Back