New mower day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went right to Lowes main web site and ordered one
Shipped timely on a freight truck, night before they gave me a window of 2hrs next day. 1st thing at 8am it was here.
I never even went to store.
I did. They screwed up delivery the first time, I changed something so that was OK. Not assembled yet....pretty sure all they do is level the deck but I dont know. Rescheduled, they called that day right about delivery window time and told me they forgot to put it on the truck. With that I went to store to inquire. Some kid told me there was no way they would go back and pick it up. They did! Later I get a call asking if I can still take delivery. if so they were at my door.

I read several reviews about warranty issues, but that may have been on the john deere site, I dont recall. One guy had a cylinder start smoking on a pretty new mower. Lowes wasnt helping, but john deere took over. Just dont care for lowes, rather deal with the independent dealers.

I love it, there is just so much you can do with that Kubota. I just bought a house on 2 acres, I also bought a Club Cadet ZT2 50. I haven't moved in yet BC my wife didn't like the color paint in the kitchen. So we took down 2 walls installed beams new bay window so she can look out at the yard when she's at the sink. Every week i mow the lawn and I love it, best toy I ever bought. I have the mulching blade on now, and it takes the work out of doing work. Big difference from my house which is on 7,000 sqf, it takes less time to mow about 3/4 acre with the zt2 than say 4,000sqt with a walk behind.
Exactly. Mowing is no longer a chore.

Thanks I can't wait to move in. I'm 55 miles from Boston now, 4 houses on my street and maybe 11 in a 1/4 square mile including me. My back yard is private, I can't see my neighbors. I havent seen a plane or a helicopter yet, I didn't know we had that many stars at night. The town is just under 24 square miles, it's elevation is 896 ft, and a population of 3,074 people. It's the right time to pull up stakes and move. Boston is getting crazy with all the Illegal Aliens, Ma is the only state with the right to shelter. 28 city's and towns around are getting force fed Aliens now and every one screeming for more money.View attachment 340901

40 years ago sold my house on the south shore and moved south to 6+ acres in the woods and on a river. With my accent things were OK once they stopped fighting the Civil War. Best move I ever made. Cannot imagine commuting to Boston now. It took me a hectic hour then.

40 years ago sold my house on the south shore and moved south to 6+ acres in the woods and on a river. With my accent things were OK once they stopped fighting the Civil War. Best move I ever made. Cannot imagine commuting to Boston now. It took me a hectic hour then.
Nice I'm looking for something we have been looking like something like that, I like where I am but I hate the politics in Washington state. The whole West cost is toast.

It's about 1 1/2 now, and that's ok I can grow outside in peace and quiet.

I’ve been on the lawnmower for the best part of the day and this is my front yard after mowing it down. The mower I’ve got is 13 years old and is still going very strong.

Attachments

• IMG_1995.jpeg
    IMG_1995.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1996.jpeg
    IMG_1996.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Well, finally got the deck adjusted, and cut the front yard, with the new John Deere S140...it done good, I had a little trouble remembering to just let off the forward pedal, instead of hitting the brake. It shredded the grass into smaller pieces than my old mower, it was all over the porch, which is about 3 foot about the ground. I could go a lot faster, than with the other, it only took me about 40 minutes, when it's usually an hour.

Well, finally got the deck adjusted, and cut the front yard, with the new John Deere S140...it done good, I had a little trouble remembering to just let off the forward pedal, instead of hitting the brake. It shreddedatar the grass into smaller pieces than my old mower, it was all over the porch, which is about 3 foot about the ground. I could go a lot faster, than with the other, it only took me about 40 minutes, when it's usually an hour.
Hey I never made you an avatar
Here is one I whipped up for you
1695078794972.png

Oh so you bought the harbor freight one
Oh so you bought the harbor freight one
What are you watching me today ?
I went to harbor freight friday and today.
Friday I bought a little alum .bench fold up like the spacklers use its sturdy and I used to carry it on the truck.
I use it for the raised beds . We got one for the girl next door and today I bought a electric 12 pole saw on sale for $55 plus $5 for files.I have a stihl power head but I need to cut little stuff and need to buy the head.
Bought me 2 )$2.00 stainless bowls on a big magnet.
I also bought a $3.00 tape measure and marked it outside so I can leave mine in the truck and get peace

What are you watching me today ?
I went to harbor freight friday and today.
Friday I bought a little alum .bench fold up like the spacklers use its sturdy and I used to carry it on the truck.
I use it for the raised beds . We got one for the girl next door and today I bought a electric 12 pole saw on sale for $55 plus $5 for files.I have a stihl power head but I need to cut little stuff and need to buy the head.
Bought me 2 )$2.00 stainless bowls on a big magnet.
I also bought a $3.00 tape measure and marked it outside so I can leave mine in the truck and get peace
Next time try not to park outside the parking lines

With all the talk about riding lawn mowers I saw my buddy who i lived next door too and he is selling his house.
Over 30 years ago he had it moved from the bus yard on rt.25a to little north of rt 25 down William Floyd pky.
I can get a ride on Kubota diesel lawn mower.
He paid 2 k for it used and says it runs good but has blade issues.
Can get it for nothing.
He is a retired cop ,like a brother ,.When he shoots first ,I return fire immediately and the first thing I tell him is " If we were on the "job" together ,I would be your LT. and you would be my driver. pisses him off

Well, finally got the deck adjusted, and cut the front yard, with the new John Deere S140...it done good, I had a little trouble remembering to just let off the forward pedal, instead of hitting the brake. It shredded the grass into smaller pieces than my old mower, it was all over the porch, which is about 3 foot about the ground. I could go a lot faster, than with the other, it only took me about 40 minutes, when it's usually an hour.
I almost bought the S140. It was the exact same price as the S130. I figured the 48 inches vs 42 inches, three blades instead of 2, etc . Then I thought about it had to live in my garage, and I have a normal sized yard. 48 inches is like a sheet of plywood in width.

So, I went with the S130. Somehow I feel slightly cheated that they were the same price. Oh well, at some point you have to pick your choices and pay your money!

Bubba

I almost bought the S140. It was the exact same price as the S130. I figured the 48 inches vs 42 inches, three blades instead of 2, etc . Then I thought about it had to live in my garage, and I have a normal sized yard. 48 inches is like a sheet of plywood in width.

So, I went with the S130. Somehow I feel slightly cheated that they were the same price. Oh well, at some point you have to pick your choices and pay your money!

Bubba
Oh come on whats is 6 inches LOL

Latest posts

Back