New mower day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are these plastic cups? Obviously have not yet gone to YouTube.....

Bubba
Bubba did you ever put in the bearings?
Also did you even check to make sure they adjusted your deck height properly? If you look at lawn after cutting are there any streaky lines uneven spots? My last tractor was a PIA adjusting the deck height from home depot.
This Deere is from Lowes. I am going to check my deck again maybe tomorrow and readjust if needed . I am seeing some uneven spots. It sometimes happens if tire pressure is off in the tires.

Best of luck you will love it.....................
So far the best small tractor I have bought new.
I have a few older ones built like tanks but no comfort.
Thanks! Yeah, the one I'm retiring is a Bolens, and it will jar your teeth out sometimes...Didn't even have a riding mower, until we moved here in 2006..it lasted that long.

Thanks! Yeah, the one I'm retiring is a Bolens, and it will jar your teeth out sometimes...Didn't even have a riding mower, until we moved here in 2006..it lasted that long.
Old time machine and company built to last
I bet it has the manual shifter that goes 1 2 3 and R
That baby sure jumps

Old time machine and company built to last
I bet it has the manual shifter that goes 1 2 3 and R
That baby sure jumps
Naw, it has a flip knob that goes from 1-6, 6 is high tailing it, then a separate knob on the left fender for forward and reverse. Teenager around the corner had one he done stuff to, took the deck off, and that thing would fly...he was up and down the road, popping wheelies too...lol

I bought this one brand new this Spring. Wright ZXL 37 hp
IMG_8460.jpeg

Well, I had a bit of trouble with mine....it got here Sunday about 7pm. I didn't notice at the time, until they left, two small tears in the seat cushion. A new seat is $259.99... I went back and forth with Lowes, I told them if they just get me another seat, I'm fine...what are you going to do with it, if you come and pick it up? Put a new seat on it, and sell it? Finally they called and said they would refund that amount to my credit card, if I was willing to keep the mower. I haven't used it yet, having trouble finding a level spot to level the deck. I was wanting to take it to my neighbor's concrete parking spot and do it, but they weren't home...Good thing I checked the tires...back is supposed to be 10psi, and the front was supposed to be 14psi, all of them were over 20psi.

I bought my John Deere from Lowe's. They were a pain at my location. I should have paid the slight premium and bought from one of the area tractor sales type places. It's worth the extra.

Bubba

Bud, I'd tuck the money back in the mower fund, buy a cheap seat cover off of Amazon, and tape the rips up with some gorilla tape. After a few years, they crack anyhoo, so you'll have the bucks for a replacement when you need it.
I use gorilla w.p. duct tape when I duct tape somebody up.
Great idea for the seat and your ass need never to know.

Bud, I'd tuck the money back in the mower fund, buy a cheap seat cover off of Amazon, and tape the rips up with some gorilla tape. After a few years, they crack anyhoo, so you'll have the bucks for a replacement when you need it.
Gives it that downhome on the farm look.
The seats always tear no matter what.

I bought my John Deere from Lowe's. They were a pain at my location. I should have paid the slight premium and bought from one of the area tractor sales type places. It's worth the extra.

Bubba
I went right to Lowes main web site and ordered one
Shipped timely on a freight truck, night before they gave me a window of 2hrs next day. 1st thing at 8am it was here.
I never even went to store.

Bubba
I believe its worth it.
Whatever you buy, if it should be lasting a while ,I always go to a non box giant place.
With right maintance ,can last for years.
I also like having a relationship with a real place.
I hate being a stranger and then going somewhere I need help.
I speak "supply house, & repair shop"
Im fortunate being able to fit in

Well, I had a bit of trouble with mine....it got here Sunday about 7pm. I didn't notice at the time, until they left, two small tears in the seat cushion. A new seat is $259.99... I went back and forth with Lowes, I told them if they just get me another seat, I'm fine...what are you going to do with it, if you come and pick it up? Put a new seat on it, and sell it? Finally they called and said they would refund that amount to my credit card, if I was willing to keep the mower. I haven't used it yet, having trouble finding a level spot to level the deck. I was wanting to take it to my neighbor's concrete parking spot and do it, but they weren't home...Good thing I checked the tires...back is supposed to be 10psi, and the front was supposed to be 14psi, all of them were over 20psi.
These tractors are supposed to be all adjusted when delivered LOL NOT......... Some Kid working for lowes does the final assembly , so take that for what it is worth.
They always say to adjust deck but 1st make sure tire pressure is set. The kids just pump em hard and eyeball it.
Now if you are a handy person you will want to reset the deck and tires anyway, if not I would buy from a True John Deere Shop not Big store ie lowes homey dept......
Never assume that it was ever do right.

The deere tractors sold by Large hardware stores are mostly all the same Frames made by MDT tractors and sold to many other companies for final assembly with there beauty trim .
Good Luck, You'll get there.
Nice discount, and do not bother with new seat
If it really brothers you get a vinyl repair kit and heat patch the tears Looks way better than the tape/

Latest posts

Back