New mower day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the past, I have just topped off mowers. Snapper and Honda. Both 12+ years, start easy, dont smoke. This one was a bit more expensive.

Bubba

I read one review where a guy "claims" to have done perfect Maintenace, yet just beyond warranty period it started smoking. Leakdown test said one cylinder of the V twin was bad. That;s defective, and customer service answered and gave him a number. For 20 minutes and two quarts plus filter, I will sleep better if nothing else!

Bubba

In the past, I have just topped off mowers. Snapper and Honda. Both 12+ years, start easy, dont smoke. This one was a bit more expensive.

Bubba
I hear you, wait until you need the cheap plastic bagger
My old L110 bag would have worked but they said it was different
China CRAP.....................

I do not do the break in on these engines , but now I am seeing some folks in the forums are doing a break in change at 8 hrs. I am at 4 now LOL.
A car engine yes more area needs breaking in for sure.
Mine's got 61 hours on her, and she'll wait 'til the book calls for it. Got a 4 year/300 hour warrantee on it. If it melts, they'll pay the ticket.

Needed to add that I popped the big bucks on the factory padded set cover. I don't know if it's the cheap vinyl they use or my fat ass, but the damned seats always seem to crack.
{ will have to look. Dont know if they have one for mine, probably have to buy the whole seat.

Bubba

I'm not sure if mine is all the way back or not. It's comfy for me.

Got the steering bearings on the Frankendeere today. Man, I am glad I didn't put 'em on before I bought the X350 or I would have saved my money. Steers ten times better now. All I need is a steering column bushing replaced and I'll be cuttin' and crusin'.

Main reason I got the MDD was because I know that once I'm gone, the Old Hen ain't gonna be able to keep the Frankendeere alive. She lacks the will and ability to diagnose problems and find a donor deere to keep it going.

I'm not sure if mine is all the way back or not. It's comfy for me.

Got the steering bearings on the Frankendeere today. Man, I am glad I didn't put 'em on before I bought the X350 or I would have saved my money. Steers ten times better now. All I need is a steering column bushing replaced and I'll be cuttin' and crusin'.

Main reason I got the MDD was because I know that once I'm gone, the Old Hen ain't gonna be able to keep the Frankendeere alive. She lacks the will and ability to diagnose problems and find a donor deere to keep it going.
So what has to be undone to install these bearings? Think I will peek over on you tube a second, they always have this stuff!

This thing turns way tighter than I imagined. Would like these bearings, sounds nice.

Bubba

Pretty simple. Jack up the front end, grab yer heat gun/wife's hairdryer, heat up the plastic cups, peal 'em off, take a flat screwdriver and twist off the moon clips, let the steering spindle drop (you don't have to remove the linkage or wheel) slab one washer on the spindle, put the bearing on after greasing, put another washer on, shove it back up, replace the clip, and put the plastic cap back on. Squirt a little grease in the zirc and repeat on the other side. Easy peasy.

Well, I took the plunge, just bought the John Deere S140, and the Poly dump cart...supposed to be here Sunday. With military discount, I got the cart for free, was $299, and they gave me $309 for my discount. Kind of sad leaving the 'ol mower in the shed, many grass cuttings on it since 2006.

Well, I took the plunge, just bought the John Deere S140, and the Poly dump cart...supposed to be here Sunday. With military discount, I got the cart for free, was $299, and they gave me $309 for my discount. Kind of sad leaving the 'ol mower in the shed, many grass cuttings on it since 2006.
Good luck with her!

Latest posts

Back