New mower day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After last weekend, and the first time I didn't have enough energy to mow, I have broken down and bought a riding mower.

John Deere S140. Should be plenty for my yard. I figure that while this time was a first, other times are likely to spring up as I get older. Done and done!

Bubba
I used to cut my half acre with a 22" push mower. Unfortunately, my FIL passed several years ago and I inherited his Deere L118.
I can't imagine pushing that little 22" mower around my yard anymore. I even keep the rider polished.
It stays in the 'garage' I don't really have. (I kinda sealed it off and made it into a 'putter room')

After last weekend, and the first time I didn't have enough energy to mow, I have broken down and bought a riding mower.

John Deere S140. Should be plenty for my yard. I figure that while this time was a first, other times are likely to spring up as I get older. Done and done!

Bubba

Attachments

• John Dear.jpg
    John Dear.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 0
Also rocking a Kubota for field mowing

View attachment 340828
I love it, there is just so much you can do with that Kubota. I just bought a house on 2 acres, I also bought a Club Cadet ZT2 50. I haven't moved in yet BC my wife didn't like the color paint in the kitchen. So we took down 2 walls installed beams new bay window so she can look out at the yard when she's at the sink. Every week i mow the lawn and I love it, best toy I ever bought. I have the mulching blade on now, and it takes the work out of doing work. Big difference from my house which is on 7,000 sqf, it takes less time to mow about 3/4 acre with the zt2 than say 4,000sqt with a walk behind.

I love it, there is just so much you can do with that Kubota. I just bought a house on 2 acres, I also bought a Club Cadet ZT2 50. I haven't moved in yet BC my wife didn't like the color paint in the kitchen. So we took down 2 walls installed beams new bay window so she can look out at the yard when she's at the sink. Every week i mow the lawn and I love it, best toy I ever bought. I have the mulching blade on now, and it takes the work out of doing work. Big difference from my house which is on 7,000 sqf, it takes less time to mow about 3/4 acre with the zt2 than say 4,000sqt with a walk behind.
Man! You went from less than a 1/4 acre to 2 acres. You're country now! I envy you. I have half an acre, but I grew up on 8 acres, with thousands of acres of pastures and orange groves all around me. We were 13 miles from the city limit sign, and town pretty much ended at the sign. I took it for granted then. No more. Congratulations! Enjoy it! 😊

Man! You went from less than a 1/4 acre to 2 acres. You're country now! I envy you. I have half an acre, but I grew up on 8 acres, with thousands of acres of pastures and orange groves all around me. We were 13 miles from the city limit sign, and town pretty much ended at the sign. I took it for granted then. No more. Congratulations! Enjoy it! 😊
Thanks I can't wait to move in. I'm 55 miles from Boston now, 4 houses on my street and maybe 11 in a 1/4 square mile including me. My back yard is private, I can't see my neighbors. I havent seen a plane or a helicopter yet, I didn't know we had that many stars at night. The town is just under 24 square miles, it's elevation is 896 ft, and a population of 3,074 people. It's the right time to pull up stakes and move. Boston is getting crazy with all the Illegal Aliens, Ma is the only state with the right to shelter. 28 city's and towns around are getting force fed Aliens now and every one screeming for more money.
part0 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks I can't wait to move in. I'm 55 miles from Boston now, 4 houses on my street and maybe 11 in a 1/4 square mile including me. My back yard is private, I can't see my neighbors. I havent seen a plane or a helicopter yet, I didn't know we had that many stars at night. The town is just under 24 square miles, it's elevation is 896 ft, and a population of 3,074 people. It's the right time to pull up stakes and move. Boston is getting crazy with all the Illegal Aliens, Ma is the only state with the right to shelter. 28 city's and towns around are getting force fed Aliens now and every one screeming for more money.
"I didn't know we had that many stars at night."

There was no place I lived when I was growing up that you couldn't see the Milky Way at night, even when in town (as a very young kid). Enjoy them. Stars are magical, and beautiful, and soul-searching. At least to me. Like a nice fire. 😊

Latest posts

Back