Nirvana Aurora Indica Grow Hempy Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well if you were a close friend and the circumstance of growing did not come into play I would have paid that bet if I were wrong. A gentleman's bet just means a bet for fun and the one right gets bragging rights:D

So out of 4 AIs I have 1 female, 2 males, and 1 unknown. I also have 1 AK48 that is unknown. But yesterday I took 5 clones from the 1 confirmed AI female so I really have 6 females, right?

Just like the last male I killed this one also had real good root structure and again I have to give credit to the SPT.

I hope the last AI is a female- it'd be nice to a least a 1:1 ratio.

---

rrAI 001.jpg

rrAI 005.jpg

rrAI 008.jpg

ah well at least one of each strain is a female, with the help of some cloning, you'll be fine!

I am going to be growing with hempy "hydroton" buckets as well. looks like a great medium to work with.

Can I just start clones in rockwool, and then straight into a 5 gallon bucket? or should I start with a smaller 32 oz cup or something like that and then cut the bottom off of the cup exposing roots and plant into the bigger 5 gallon bucket?

Hey CharacterZero- do you have a grow journal? I really like the hydoton too- and the fact that it is reusable is a huge bonus. What strain did you grow?

I have some clones going right now and I am going to let them get a good root system formed and then just put them in the large bucket that they will finish in. I only use 2 gallon buckets but I'm sure they'd be fine going right into the 5 gallons too- less of a hassle too. Might take a little more time for the roots to reach the res- but they will. Post some pics of your grow in here if you want, I'd like to see it

GrowinGreen said:
Hey CharacterZero- do you have a grow journal? I really like the hydoton too- and the fact that it is reusable is a huge bonus. What strain did you grow?

I have some clones going right now and I am going to let them get a good root system formed and then just put them in the large bucket that they will finish in. I only use 2 gallon buckets but I'm sure they'd be fine going right into the 5 gallons too- less of a hassle too. Might take a little more time for the roots to reach the res- but they will. Post some pics of your grow in here if you want, I'd like to see it

well sadly I havn't started growing them yet. I will be starting kush and sweet dreams clones in about 2 months. I am in the process of moving into a house.

Going to get a dark room 150 tent with a 1000w hps light.

I will start a grow journal as soon as I get it going.

currently I grow mushrooms and I am on my last grow. I dont want to grow both at the same time.

So I have been spending most of my time learning about marijuana cultivation. I will probly have lots of questions for you about the hempy bucket. It seems like the best method for me right now. I got a lot of hydroton already from mushroom growing.

Those sound like some nice strains you are getting. And your setup sounds real good too. I don't think you will be disappointed with the buckets- and I'm more than happy to try and answer any questions

I want some mushies...

lol I want some too. its easy to grow them, try it sometime. growing weed seems to be a lot more rewarding, though. I smoke weed everyday so this will help me save haha. it also seems to be a lot more fun to grow green :)

I wish I could do both, but thats just too risky for me.

Hey swift what's up? I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow, but the plants are doing good!

The female AI actually went into the flower room today, and the 2 WWs were chopped and trimmed and all the nugs are in paper bags as we speak.

The 1 AK48 showed its sex a couple days ago- it's a female! I got lucky on that one. And the 5 AI clones are looking real healthy but still waiting for the roots to show.

Well it is day 66 of this grow.

The first picture is of the AK48- which turned out to be female!

The 2nd picture is of the oldest AI. It has been in flower for 3 days now- so she was vegged for 63 days. From the third node up she has alternating branches- it's cool.

The 3rd picture is of the other AI. It is about the size as the AK48, but it hasn't shown sex yet.

The last picture is of the 5 clones. They are looking good- two of them have shown roots.

---

qqAI 019.jpg

qqAI 025.jpg

qqAI 022.jpg

qqAI 013.jpg

looking good g.g, there all nice and healthy looking!
so have you smoked any of your ww's yet?

[/quote]thanks mp, i'm glad you like it

and if you were wondering, yes, that is a dog kennel haha, it actually works surprisingly well. the lights just rest on top it. i will probably move them somewhere else for flower, but we'll see.[/quote]
hah, a dog kennel, very creative! :D :watchplant: :bongin:

Those Auroras are lookin good! Me, I am stuck in reveg with mine. Oh well I learned something about growing zones.

Well the last AI is a female! So out of 5 seeds I got 3 females and 2 males, not bad. I now have 2 AI females and 1 AK48 female.

The first picture is of the oldest AI that has been in flower for 11 days now- the top cola is the only part that has really started budding. This thing is a bush. From the third node up- the branches are all about even with the canopy.

The 2nd picture is of the younger AI- it was started about 11 days after the AI in flower. So it is about 63 days old. It just showed its female parts a few days ago. I am going to let her veg for a bit longer until I can take some clones, then I will put her into flower.

The 3rd picture is of the AK48. It has real indica leaves and is staying real short and bushy. It has a nice smell- like sour/sweet. It is also 63 days old. I am going to take some clones of the AK today, and when they show roots I am going to put the AK into flower.

The last picture is of a couple clones taken from the oldest AI that's in flower now. I took 5 and all 5 rooted- thanks to NorCal's guide. I don't know what I am going to do with all these yet- I am for sure keeping 1 mom of each plant.

---

ppAI 003.jpg

ppAI 012.jpg

ppAI 023.jpg

ppAI 024.jpg

Well I now have both AIs and the AK48 in flower.

I took 5 clones from the oldest AI a few weeks ago and they all ended up rooting and are already getting big- I don't know what to do with all them. I also took 5 clones from the AK48 and they have all rooted too! I took 4 clones from the younger AI yesterday, so we will see about those.

I'm just trying to keep the genetics for when I move- then I can get started right way.

if you want to keep yor genitics then you should be looing into getting some good pollen and brush it onto the lower branches, self some free seeds for when you move!
by the way, looking ace man!

The 1st picture is of the beautiful AK48.

The 2nd picture is of all 3 plants in my amazing flowering room :laugh: the very left one is the AK48, than the older AI, and than the younger AI.

The middle AI has been in flower 19 days. All the side branches have made a pretty even canopy. I need the AK and other AI to stretch so they can enjoy the light too. The AK and younger AI have been in flower for 3 days now.

The 3rd picture is of the oldest AIs cola starting to form.

And the last 2 pictures are of all the clones. The 5 clones in the very back of the humidity tray are from the AK48 and have all rooted. The front 4 clones I took yesterday and are from the younger AI. The clones in the cups have all rooted and are from the oldest AI.

---

ooAI 003.jpg

ooAI 010.jpg

ooAI 008.jpg

ooAI 011.jpg

ooAI 016.jpg

Latest posts

Back