NLxBB hydroponic grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
Hello my fellow growers! As you know my first grow was a bust with only one plant and it was male (in the freezer to be cremated later into hash).

I'm a persistent person so I am starting a new grow. I have 10 Northern lights x big bud seeds. I soaked them for 24hrs and then put them in a paper towel in a tupperware for a day. (pic 1)

As soon as the majority showed me an opening in the casing I put them in rockwool plugs (which I first soaked in "rockwool soak solution" sample given to me by my local hydroponic dealer. (pic 2)

Tonight I placed the plugs in 3 inch net pots and put them in my caddy. (pic 3) This is where they will stay until it is time for them to change to the flowering stage. At that time I hope that Stoney Bud and I will have collaborated on the ebb and flow that will work in the space I have.

NLxBB111406.jpg

NLxBBday 3a.jpg

NLxBBday 3b.jpg

hey looks like you have a nice setup going there hope to to see more.

Well it's a bummer your one and only plant that you grew last time had to be a male. With ten seeds this time around your gonna get some nice females i can see it now. :aok: Will be following your grow from beginning to end. GREEN MOJO to ya. ;)

Hey, nice set up you got there, cant wait to see the end result ;)

hey guys.
i grew some bbxnl last grow.all i can say is mmmmm tasty.buds where big and tasty.i did mine in dirt,im gonna watch this grow i want to c the diff

Just like babies, these are growing quickly..7 sprouts at this time.

NLxBBday 4.jpg

NLxBBday 4a.jpg

The reason for the tape is that I bought this set up used from someone on Ebay and obviously they changed a few things and kept what they wanted. When they cut these holes for 3" netpots they cut 3" holes...DOH...not 2 7/8 or close to it... so I'm having to tape these netpots in.

I have 7 sprouts and one more that just cracked, making me a very happy grower. pH is 5.5, ppm 550 (dyna-grow), temp 84 degrees (I won't let it get any hotter), humity is 54%. They will stay in this environment until they are a foot tall and at that time I will have my ebb & flow going for flowering.

The fourth picture is my one that looks sickly. Could be a number of variables, like when I put the first netpot in it fell into the water..DOH, this could be that one, or nute burn...?

I've lowered my light again, such a fine line of lumens vs heat. I don't want the plants to stretch too much but don't want to cook them either.

day 5a.jpg

day 5b.jpg

day 5c.jpg

day 5d.jpg

Seems like I have seen 3.25 net pots somewhere, If you wanted, you could probably make one that fits (tupperware). Doin' great!

I couldn't stand the lid anymore on my chamber so I made a new one. I was in a hurry when I did it and forgot to paint the lid, so for now I just cut some white plastic, cheezy but oh well.

I have 7 seedlings; 3 large, 3 smaller, 1 retard (there's always one in a crowd :D ). I put a pic below to show the distance between plant and light, they're spacing quite nicely.

400watt MH 18/6, tap water, no nutes, pH 5.5, <200 ppm.

day 7a.jpg

day 7b.jpg

day 7c.jpg

day 7d.jpg

WooHoo go RAV go:clap: color looks great!

Never know, plant retards can turn around and shock ya later;) , don't give up on her:) .

I have heard that you dont want to keep your rockwool exposed to light because it will grow algae is this true?

totalnoobie15 said:
I have heard that you dont want to keep your rockwool exposed to light because it will grow algae is this true?

Algae does not hurt nething puts ph up a lil bit.... but so does root growth... what is a person to do... cover all their rockwool w/ poly? screw that... i have drip stakes in my wool.

Day 21... Plants are taking off. The plants were practically touching the glass on the light so I moved it up 3 inches. They are now 9" tall. pH 5.8; ppm 729 using Dyna-Grow, 400 watt MH light running 20/4, I could go 24/0 but I want to keep the stress down so I figured I'd give them a 4 hour nap and let my ballast rest also. Temp is running a constant 78 degrees with 38% humidity. I've stopped the bubblers as the roots are now all good and it will be less I have to deal with pH flucuations.

My first pic shows the leaves on one plant that are wet... what is that? is it resin? I don't recall ever seeing this happen before.

Day 21.jpg

Day 21a.jpg

Day 21b.jpg

Everything looks good... no.. everything looks great actually....except you are growing DWC rite? Those bubblers need to be going all the time... when that water loses its oxygen, root rot and pythium can and will occur. (you don't want that.. believe me)

The moisture you notice on leaves is usually from the leaf above it... leaves transpire through the bottom of leaves... so if 2 are close together the one on the bottom will get wet... won't have your resin showing until you are lighting 12/12.

Ph will go up as root mass grows bigger... and ph will go down as water is used up and nutes/salts remain... I find in hydro mine goes up way more then down... I add 40 drops of 85% ph down a day to 40 liters of res water.

I need the bubblers going even though I have a 12" long air stone? Thanks for clearing up the wet leaves...that makes perfect sense now.

Ravishing_68 said:
I need the bubblers going even though I have a 12" long air stone? Thanks for clearing up the wet leaves...that makes perfect sense now.

Ok, so u have air stones w/o air blowing through them? Or u mean those time release dohickeythingies?
To make things easier.... you NEEEED well aerated water. Basically... if u dont have water pouring into the res... or air blowing through the water... or add h202... u want to.

Here, this is what I mean... I have bubblers on top dripping about 1 drop every 2-3 seconds...almost off and then a 12" air stone blowing air in the tub (pulled air stone up so I could photo it. It sits on the bottom.

day 24b.jpg

day 24d.jpg

Time for weekly pics. Twice I have gone to check on the plants and they have grown outrageously tall. Unfortunately, their node spacing was very good, now they are about 2" apart. I've changed nothing. Still using MH 400watts 20/4. pH is 5.9, ppm 650. Temp 75-78 degrees, humidity 38-42%. Plants range 12-18" height. I topped the two tallest. You can see in the pics they are looking more like celery these days!!! :cry: I am seeing alternating nodes in the third picture. Should I start HPS lighting 12/12 or wait one more week?

day 28a.jpg

day 28b.jpg

day 28c.jpg

Your ladies are looking great. It all depends on when ya want to flower them. You have to remember they are gonna stretch about 1 to 2 feet once ya put them into flower. ;) Your doing a great job keep it up.

Latest posts

Back