NV's SS jungle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nvthis said:
I'm a little high and I'm a little tired and I have made a decision. I hate the term "lollipopped". We all use it, we all know what it means, but why? Who started using this lame term anyway? Time for something different. I don't wanna go around saying I lollipopped something all my life. Y'all help me think of something different like... I dunno, just not "lollipopped" for christs sake. Can we call it 'bottom pruned' or something? Wait... That sounds equally lame. How about a 'Brazilian trim'? Hmm, dumb.. This is gonna be harder than I thought. Time for bed. I will think of something tomorrow, if I even remember thinking about this

Hey nv, I had a thought about your "lollipop" debate

When I think of lollipop I think of Marilyn Monroe (the iconic dress blowing up pic, that we all know) so how about "monroed". I mean we all know she was a stoner...
I know, I know that was dumb but :rolleyes: I'm high...

I'm preparing my journal so we can do a head-to-head run with SS and the same strains.

We growing a little differently BUT we are both running the same strains and SS and 1000k, so it will be a great comparison....

Awesome Q! I think it would be a hoot bro.. Put it up and I'll even edit in a link to it on the first post of this thread!!:D Glad yer here bro. This will be fun!

It's already up bro

I'll edit your journal into mine too, tho most everyone will look at yours first

nvthis said:
yes, just cut them in half. You need to cut them in half so they're stable. Then take the top half and slide it into another whole bucket with drain holes drilled up through the bottom. This will give you a slightly more than 6 gal bucket. Slide another rung on top of that and you get somewhere in the 7-8 gal range. one more gets you in the 9 gal range and so on.

I used about 7" of super soil in the bottom of these, with a half and half layer about 5" thick on that. Then plain Happy Frog to transplant in. I had a bunch of pics showing how, but lost them when my copmuter crashed. I'll look around for the link...

EDIT: Ok Bro, try that first link in my sig.. The pics are in the first post.

cool thanks for the info. id give yah some rep but i gotta go spread it elsewhere.

woo-hoo bro. i see your LUI kickin the crap outta all else...when i opened that first pic, a memory from long ago came back to me...i got talked into going to a renissance fair with some friends. (what a hoot). well , i did'nt dress up in all the garb as all others were from times of old. and this hot chick walked up to the hot chick with me , and said, "me lady, your man is naked". lol...lol...lol...

(meaning::: i was'nt wearing a sword on my side).:rolleyes: ...

and thats what i thought when i seen your girls. lol...lol...( Nv, your ladies are naked).lol...lol...:D ...oh, the heck(ll) with it, show 'em your sword. lol...lol...

2, and three per bucket? hmmm? did ya see mine? 3, and 4 per. lol...lol...whatever works, right?

whats up Q. Doc. Art?

looking great brother. 'bout time you broke out that LUI...lol...rock on bro...Irish...

nodda alotta there irish. how you been? funny story. yeah renissance fest is funny as w/ your story. was it the one in holly? i go every year cause my wife & daughter like it, guess i do too. they finally got a nice homebrew section which is very nice. anyhow sorry nv for getting off topic. later fellas

Wanna see something cool? Wanna see what a beast my Banana Kush is? Remember when I fried some of my clones a few weeks back? One I was afraid to loose (completely unfounded, but at the time? Well, you know..) was the Banana, so I cut off of her at 2 weeks flower. Now, we all know the drill. You can take clones while your plants are in flower, it will just take longer to root. Right? Well, right??

Here is Banana Kush, exactly a 6 day old cut from my 14 day flowering tree... Her cuts didn't even root this fast when taken from her vegetative state. Weird. You can see she obviously has some flowers on top. And, yes, a root out the bottom!:D Go girl!!

2010_0201feb40001.JPG

2010_0201feb40002.JPG

2010_0201feb40004.JPG

2010_0201feb40006.JPG

2010_0201feb40005.JPG

So we are coming up on week 3. Everything is looking pretty good and I think I may have lost about 5 days with the lighting thing, but no problems. I will get some pics up later or maybe tomorrow. I may be changing the plan (again) due to some new arrivals in the mail. Check it out....

These ought to make for a descent show...

2010_0203feb50001.JPG

that looks good. man ive been wanting to try raskals gear but i cant find on any legit site. im guessing you got em @ a dispenciary?

Yo NV, those whites frost up real nice. I've run ogr whitegum and it is a great plant. You know I'm running his strawberry right now. What's funny is that the plant pales compared to the sonic fly. BBP did a great gj at another site on the SB. With your skills, you will bring out its full genetics. Definitely bpotm material. ;)

Nice show nvthis
Sounds like you and Qman are going to be doing a little sub soil/condobucket/top sub strain head off. Sounds fun!
Are those OG Raskals sub genetics as well?
Man those sound like some top shelf genes floating around.

Awsesome show thanks for sharing, Peace!

MBT

DFW- I could kick myself bro.. EDIT hAHA! Sorry, wrong breeder! I just read that!! at Harborside last year and passed on them (maybe a little over a year ago). OGR doesn't have anything out right now that I know of. I ordered these like two months ago. He should be getting a bunch of stuff out sometime later this month. Hopefully he drops the FireBubba again. That stuff just looks crazy insane. If you live in Cali, one of his dispensary drops is probably the most hassle free, if you get there in time. And you're right, he only goes through a very small handful of websites.

Umbra- Thanks man. I can only hope that I do her justice. I'll be running her here at MP for sure. As far as BBP goes, that dude is just in a different league. Definitely one of the bros I look up to. I hope he comes back to MP now that... Well, you know.

MBT- Hey bro, thanks for stopping by man. Q and me are both running a lot of the same stuff in SS, but the similarities end there (actually, that doesn't leave a lot, does it? lol). Nah man, Q can grow, and he has learned his own habits and tricks along the way, same as us all. My Afgooey can't compare to his. He's just got magic with that plant. But he says the same about my BK, so when we get together after a good harvest, we both walk away pretty happy;)

Ok, so it's week three (for most of it). I installed a wall mount fan and it's been hit or miss with that thing. It certainly frees up some space, but it beats the hell out of my plants! I got some pretty tattered leaves from all the rubbing against each other going on.

The DC is a sloooooww budder. Can't believe she finishes in 55 days! I am almost half way there already and still waiting on her to just blow up. And waiting...

2010_0203feb50006-1.JPG

2010_0203feb50005-1.JPG

Hey Irish, here's the LUI beast! Gonna be four huge colas on her (hopefully bro):D

2010_0203feb50030.JPG

2010_0203feb50023.JPG

Pre '98 BK.. Well, I would like to have vegged her much bigger, but just ran out of time. She's the shorty in the box alright, but this is the first time I have ran her, so hopefully I will learn a thing or two this round. Like my other BK, she probably loves the SS the best.

2010_0203feb50007-1.JPG

Green Crack, Banana Kush (supposedly) and an unknown. Hey, guess what? This GC cut actually smells like.... GREEN CRACK!!! Dang, finally?? Haha! Hey Q, it doesn't smell a thing like red rope licorice!:yay:

2010_0203feb50008.JPG

2010_0203feb50009-1.JPG

2010_0203feb50010.JPG

2010_0203feb50011-1.JPG

2010_0203feb50012-1.JPG

2010_0203feb50014.JPG

2010_0203feb50025.JPG

2010_0203feb50026.JPG

Looking nice nv, will be trying your bucket method on my next grow. Must have a killer root system

Best of luck with the rest of your grow

I gotta tell ya Cunga, this isn't a perfected deal yet. I would love to see you run them! The watering is a little tricky, but nothing bad. When you get real tall like this the buckets can be real heavy with water at the bottom and your plants can still look thirsty (in the beginning). I generally just moisten the top part of the soil. I was real worried about doing this at first, but it doesn't seem to bother anything, so good to go.. Good luck man!

That is some operation you're running there, nv! I really do wonder who is going to smoke all of that :)

Believe it or not this won't last long:hubba: My neighbor alone will put a huge dent in it. He works at a local micro brewery and keeps my refrigerator well stocked. In turn I supply his habit. He's got a real big habit. It works out pretty good in the summer. I like their summer beers. But in the winter, he makes out like a bandit!!;) But, he's my bro and keeps an eye on things when I'm gone.

Latest posts

Back