SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually no Ph required because GH has Ph buffers in the solution

it I would rather error on the side of caution and at least test every once in awhile until one feel comfortable
I know I am relying on my municipal water to maintain a proper pH and that is a leap of faith. So far so good though. My brother is growing with the same soil(Roots Organics Green Lite) and nutes(GOBox) I used when I started and using municipal water. He is getting good results so far as well. No smoke yet but the plants look healthy from the pics I have seen. 5 weeks into flower.

I know I am relying on my municipal water to maintain a proper pH and that is a leap of faith. So far so good though. My brother is growing with the same soil(Roots Organics Green Lite) and nutes(GOBox) I used when I started and using municipal water. He is getting good results so far as well. No smoke yet but the plants look healthy from the pics I have seen. 5 weeks into flower.

yeah , if it ain’t broke

our town water plant is reverse osmosis and Ph’d around 7

so yeah , I still use a little Ph Down cause I like to run 5.5 to 6.5 depending on what the plant tells me

everyones water is different

yeah , if it ain’t broke

our town water plant is reverse osmosis and Ph’d around 7

so yeah , I still use a little Ph Down cause I like to run 5.5 to 6.5 depending on what the plant tells me

everyones water is different
My water is right with yours no RO just chlorine filter
PPM at 90 tap

My outdoor plants don’t seem to mind the chlorine. They love a drink of city water Which they get more often than nute water which I do PH. I drink our water too and cook with it but I have a double filter system for drinking and cooking. It tastes pretty good for city water…
I live 2 blks away from treatment plant
When I turn on my non filtered section of house the water reeks of chlorine worst than a swimming pool smells .

I live 2 blks away from treatment plant
When I turn on my non filtered section of house the water reeks of chlorine worst than a swimming pool smells .
I smell my water before I use it. If I smell chlorine, I let it sit out for a day or so until it doesn’t stink anymore. Usually when there is a fecal choloform scare, they boost the chlorination.

I have a trash can and two 5 gallon buckets I keep full of water and let it set every day. This was yesterday after i watered. My handheld water bucket fits in there perfectly.

IMG_20220720_184119789.jpg
IMG_20220720_184113197.jpg
IMG_20220720_184116847.jpg

Yep. I water my garden and fill it up every day where it can set overnight.

just use micro and bloom , eliminate the grow and that will significantly cut down the salt residue without compromising the plant
I use the expert ratios and the 10 bottles now and have less build up because they scale back on dosing but when I ran gh3 alone with cal mag I used to see the salt hence why I flush now makes me atleast feel better 😅 not sure if it effects tastes but I would think it has to feed water plants process the water Taking up and flushing out remaining waste thru leaves ie salt. I'm not a scientist but it seems logical if u can see that build up then it has also built up in the plant imo. Then I usually hit them with full strength grow one last time at some point mid flower for one feeding.

Well after reading the 2 part Lucas I guess if I use gh again I'd try that ratio of the 2

Last edited:
My water is right with yours no RO just chlorine filter
PPM at 90 tap

not enough can be said about good water

chlorine will off gas pretty quick , but not this new stuff chloramine , it will not off gas overnight like chlorine

from an article :

You have probably heard that chlorine in tap water is harmful to plants. Some cities have switched to using chloramine in tap water and that is also a concern for plants because it is much harder to remove before watering indoor plants.

What is the difference between chlorine and chloramine? Will they harm your plants? How can you remove them from tap water? These are all good questions gardeners should be able to answer

more…..https://www.gardenmyths.com/chlorine-chloramine-plants/

so yeah , if chloramine is a problem for any grower , this is what I see recommended for the treatment of chloramine

• POWERFUL TREATMENT: Seachem Prime is a complete and concentrated conditioner for both freshwater and saltwater fish tanks, working hard to remove chlorine and chloramine.
  • REMOVER: Seachem Prime immediately and permanently removes chlorine and chloramine, successfully allowing the bio filter to remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate while they are detoxified for 48 hours.
  • DETOXIFIER: Seachem Prime effectively detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, and heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels, providing a ideal environment for your betta, tetra, or other fish.

66A861FD-396A-488F-8659-17F4AFAABD55.jpeg

chlorine will off gas pretty quick , but not this new stuff chloramine , it will not off gas overnight like chlorine

from an article :

You have probably heard that chlorine in tap water is harmful to plants. Some cities have switched to using chloramine in tap water and that is also a concern for plants because it is much harder to remove before watering indoor plants.

What is the difference between chlorine and chloramine? Will they harm your plants? How can you remove them from tap water? These are all good questions gardeners should be able to answer

so yeah , if chloramine is a problem for any grower , this is what I see recommended for the treatment of chloramine

• POWERFUL TREATMENT: Seachem Prime is a complete and concentrated conditioner for both freshwater and saltwater fish tanks, working hard to remove chlorine and chloramine.
  • REMOVER: Seachem Prime immediately and permanently removes chlorine and chloramine, successfully allowing the bio filter to remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate while they are detoxified for 48 hours.
  • DETOXIFIER: Seachem Prime effectively detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, and heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels, providing a ideal environment for your betta, tetra, or other fish.

View attachment 303678
I’ve used this stuff in my fish tank before. It works really fast

Looking good Sub I'll be watching the freak show plants I'll be growing some next season and seeing how tall I can stretch them to get
I’ll post a picture here tomorrow. I transplanted them today. Mine look different that the other guys. They started super slow and are just picking up faster growth in the last few days. I topped them a couple days ago and they are finally showing internode growth. They also smell super skunky already and are only babies.

The freaks got transplanted into their new 4ever pots (hopefully forever anyway we shall see). They are finally showing some internode growth after I topped them about 3 days ago. They are looking better now and seeing actual growth now a bit faster is encouraging.
they don’t seem to look like @oldfogey8 or @CrashMagnet plants with the thick bushy growth yet but I am hopeful that they will continue to grow well. One thing tho I can no longer protect them from hard rain and wind as their pots are heavy so they are gonna have to make it or break it.
I used a soil mix of a bunch of stuff I had left over including some preloaded frog soil and also added mycorrhizal inoculants around the root system to hopefully help their roots.
A76775B2-8DF1-4BFA-96FB-4D722C4492BA.jpeg
930C3499-6DF3-4314-984E-16EBE5B748A9.jpeg

will have to move that little solar light so it doesn’t mess the light cycle up..

from an article :

View attachment 303678
Well I guess I'm lucky thank good for those 2 underground streams that feeds my well funny story we drilled 1 missed water and Buddy told me about a old water witch and I said Well I don't believe in that kind of thing but I'll try it and so he walks and walks and says right here you have all the water ever need never run out get the guy back to drill hole it shoots 200 feet in the air I now believe in water witches that well is only 25 yards if that from the one that missed smh oh well....

Well I got a question when it rains really heavy hear for a day or 2 my water gets a reddish brown color and is full of minerals and sediment it's alright to use that too water plants with right I wouldn't think it would hurt them I haven't tried it yet but next time I'm planning on saving a barrel of it

Latest posts

Back