SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually used pesticides on this last girl I did but only up until 60 days on the Clones when they got established, everything should be flushed out by then. Other than that the only thing I used was diatomaceous earth. It took a while with the diatomaceous Earth but it knocked them down and they don't exist anymore.

Would be pretty badass if you did what you could to make a perfect environment for assassin bugs, they would pretty much take care of all your problems. That and predatory nematodes will absolutely destroy any gnats, it's their primary food source. You can actually buy predatory nematodes in little viles and to spread them over your plants, they are part of a beneficial microbe community is what they are considered.
I sometimes skip my Spinasod spray when I see them. I don’t want to hurt them and I think they do a better job than the spray does. I’ve been very fortunate with the outside plants and bugs. I thought for sure that would be my maid issue

So the slurry test shows 6.8. Since the plant wasn't heavy with water I gave her a good drink of plain PH water too. She looks like she’s thirsty by the drooping yellow leaves. I got some runoff too 6.6 so I don’t think PH is the issue as much now. There are not to many leaves except around the buds so I’m trying to keep the leaves from laying on the buds mostly by clipping them off. I’ll just have to wait and see I guess. This plant did go thru some re veg too but it didn’t seem to effect the bud growth. The yellow leaves I’m removing are a lot of three point leaves so maybe it does have something to do with the re vegging thing…

ok, the other freakshow is showing some signs. So let’s hear it. Boy or girl?

6E4B21E5-CA86-4F3A-BD94-8FE589BAECEE.jpeg
40D9989F-F597-4CF7-A0BC-2AB3AD44E07A.jpeg

@bigsur51 i let a couple peppers get red or actually brownish red to harvest the seeds for you and GMO. When they ripen up the skin gets tough and woody not my favorite way. I like them big and green the best I think. They are loaded down with more peppers than I can use. I’m picking them over my head now. I guess I’ll be doing some pickled peppers for the winter.
the sweet banana peppers and bell peppers are also filled to the brim with fruit. Im thinking this bed has just what it needs to grow peppers.

9735F4AA-F3F5-4458-8253-5A0A9DEA831F.jpeg
6F578904-0AFB-4AAD-A4C2-DF9604C2CCA7.jpeg

AD9C70E5-51C2-4B3F-A0DB-F59067FA4F80.jpeg

my job today… the Josie clones have filled up the net nice. They have been cleaned up on the lower 1/3 of the plant but néed some defoliating in the middle prior to turning the lights to 12/12. Hopefully they do ok in the tent and don’t have the yellow leaf issue in mid flower like the outside plant did.

I’m hoping this one is a girl. The other a boy for sure. I’m moving it to the veggie garden area
To be honest, you should probably ‘terminate’ the male if you don’t want seeds. I read a study a few months ago where researchers in Portugal found Moroccan cannabis pollen in the air. Pollen can travel 100’s of miles according to the study. Seeing your girl plant lends stronger evidence to our thought that the other plant is a boy. My plants are still soaked so I don’t have any good pics of my boy and girls but I will post some when things dry out here for future reference.

To be honest, you should probably ‘terminate’ the male if you don’t want seeds. I read a study a few months ago where researchers in Portugal found Moroccan cannabis pollen in the air. Pollen can travel 100’s of miles according to the study. Seeing your girl plant lends stronger evidence to our thought that the other plant is a boy. My plants are still soaked so I don’t have any good pics of my boy and girls but I will post some when things dry out here for future reference.
I thought I might try and pull some pollen off of that boy just for the experience but you are probably right. Don’t need more problems with my outside girls. Will consider termination.

I beat my girls so bad one year and accused them of being dirty stay outs.
Turned out to be the boys from down under sending them pollen airmail.
Bastards

Latest posts

Back