The 5 strain continuous G.J.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
This is a G.j. that is going to go on for a while :eek: about 2 weeks ago i put in some satori beans. ;) was but let me tell you it was one of the best surprises any grower can get :dancing: free beans :yay: so naturally i had to rush right in and get some of these babies going fast.

Ive chosen my weapons for growth this time around ill be using Happy Frog soil, with Alaska brand foods ive got some 10-10-10 that ill use while vegging and then ill go with the 0-10-10 for flower (on the plants that wont go to make more seeds ;)) and the ones that will be making seeds will get the 10-10-10 all the way through.

So for now ill fill you in on what is to come as you know there are satori going (quadpod is one of them)now about 2 weeks in under 24/0 flos and ive started some Misty Moonshine just this past Sunday. as soon as i get these satoris up to a foot ill be starting some Spacecase, and then some Orion down the road :holysheep:. Some of these may end up started out doors as i do when the weather is warm ;) but as of now its still not time for all that.... yet, no pics for now just info ill get some up once the Misty's break ground.

Well im not thrilled about the germ rate of the Misty Moonshine out of 5 there was only 2 that broke and started :rant: the others i dug back up and they broke but no sprout :confused: so let s just hope that i get one of each out of them.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Damn D that's some bad luck my friend. Gonna have to ask the maker if anyone else had germ problems. I know we didn't. Hope you have better luck with the others. ;)
i looked again last night and the things i found were not hauls it was little pieces of chipped timber in the soil mix so there may be hope still but ill have to dig through the soil and find the seeds they may just be too deep and taking longer to germ up.

:yeahthat: I know man but it wasn't me it was Stoney's fault :D

hard luck man,
ive planted 4 of my kc brains northen lights special and nothing,
so ive planted 4 more,lets hope somthing comes up!

We have another i found a tap starting in one of the potters so its a total of 3 :yay:

Well here's some pics im not sure if its the soil being a bit hot (pH was 6.9) or if its temps right under the lights but we have a bit of twist in the seedlings. And some are starting to burn a bit not bad (less one satori) going to do a couple of watering's with some pH down in it. but all is going ;)

some are not likeing the Frog.JPG

and some are.JPG

baby misty.JPG

a little twist on misty.JPG

3 out of 5.JPG

quadpod.JPG

when your growing in soil i wouldnt use ph up or down unless i have a prob with ph for more then a week or so or if its way too high or low,
as the soil acts as a buffer and the ph will change but slowly,
also if you add a fan blowing accross the tops of the plants you can put the lights close without the light stress.
oh and it maybe alittle early to be feeding them, but if you do make sure its only around 1/4 strenght for a week or two more, then slowly go up from there.
hope this helps

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
By the way how them babies doing and how is Baby D doing?
Glad you asked mang ;) the babies are going strong :yay: i did pH tests on all my containers and found that there are only 3 effected by the slightly high pH and it wasn't form any doing of mine (whew) but was the result of a leak in the roof just above my flos. The shed roof is metal and one of the rivets had popped free and was leaking rusted rain water in on one of the pans and the plants were soaking it up. Patched the hole and flushed out the soil and were back on track though i don't know if there will be any long term damage to them or not ill just have to :watchplant: and see. the satori's are about 6" tall now ill have to transplant them soon and get them vegging under the big lights ;)

As for the little monster that will be vegging for the next 20 years or so, all is well no tummy troubles anymore. Today is half a year of growth, and they are already crawling and pulling themselves up on any and everything they can find.

Mistys and quadpod now a bi pod.JPG

satoris.JPG

effected satoris.JPG

Dubba man, this is gonna be a great one hopefully :) ...Lookin' forward to seein' how the space strains come out :D...So whats the verdict on the germ rate ??? I'll be keeping up w/ this grow for sure ...Keep it Up and Keep it GREEN ...

tn_toker420 said:
Dubba man, this is gonna be a great one hopefully :) ...Lookin' forward to seein' how the space strains come out :D...So whats the verdict on the germ rate ??? I'll be keeping up w/ this grow for sure ...Keep it Up and Keep it GREEN ...
I got 3 of 5 out of the Mistys and 11 of 15 on the satori this time around i haven't started the Orion or the Spacecase yet but since ill be transplanting most of the satori this weekend ill have space to start one or the other not sure which yet. i know im saving a suprise that ive crossed for the 5th strain and im getting as giddy as a school girl :p to get them in the ground.

I am gonna pull up my stool for this one. I too have some germed NL Special beans. 3 for 3 were popped in 22 hours. Nice fat 6mm roots. Good beans! Paper towel method

So far so good huh ??? Pretty good germ rate i'd say ...How long's these gonna Veg...??? Ya plannin' on doin' anymore 12/12 from seed ??? Keep it Up and Keep it GREEN man...

tn_toker420 said:
So far so good huh ??? Pretty good germ rate i'd say ...How long's these gonna Veg...??? Ya plannin' on doin' anymore 12/12 from seed ??? Keep it Up and Keep it GREEN man...

Yea id say the germ rate is better than expected so far. Im going to veg these till a foot or a foot and a half before i flower, ive already got the 10 of the satori in to my flower area but they are only about 6-7 inches but they will get plenty bigger now that they are in 5 gal potters ;) Im not too sure on when ill do another 12/12 seed grow but i do know that it wont be until after ive done this whole grow. I think im about to start the spacecase here soon so they can get to growing. I may start them off in 2 gal potters so the roots can have the needed space while the satori finish vegging and get to flowering.

Oh how hot i am tonight guys and gals. not going to say much now as i have pics and want to have peace and calm when i post it so for now im going to go :bong2: and get this med/high rage out of my system.

Ok so its not tomorrow, but after a :tokie: and time to plan on what to do i feel all i have to do is get this off my chest to get on with the grow.

I went up to see the my spot and found that one of my ballasts had pooped out :eek: as soon as i hit the door i could hear the buzz of the ballast running sans light. i grab up a replacement bulb (you never know when one will pop so a couple replacements per ballast is a good idea imho ;)) i take the old bulb out only to find that its lead end cap has melted inside the socket housing :eek: I remove the ballast from the area and attempt to see if a new bulb will be ok in it (after i cleaned it best i could) but there was no hope for it i think when it burned up the cap it has fried the socket too :cry: so the ballast is still working but i cant just put a bulb in it and grow on i have to get a whole new light and ballast combo. id try to replace the socket on it but im not good with wiring which is why ive never built my own ballasts. I think the biggest upset about it is that now my plants are going to suffer until the replacement can get here. When i was getting 6250 lumen/sqft now im only getting 4167 lumen/sqft. how you ask?, you should only be getting 3125 lumen/sqft when you were getting 6250. Well the answer to that is that where i had a bit of space between my plants and potters for room to work around them when i needed to the space has gone from a 4'x4' to a 3'x4' area, im seriously thinking of killing on off so that i can make it a 3'x3' area to bump the lumen/sqft back up a bit at least then it would be back up to 5556 lumen/sqft. Oh well they will just have to think that its been overcast for a week or so. All that aside at least the plants are looking well enough to please me on how they are growing.

bulb ends.JPG

socket.JPG

half dark half light.JPG

satori.JPG

temp and humidity.JPG

Mistys and one satori (x-quadpod).JPG

Misty up close.JPG

Latest posts

Back