Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you know? Lol
20200210_202217.jpg

Golden lemons, glitter spray cut
20200210_225132.jpg

The purplest of the cindys. Not the stankiest though, unfortunately
View attachment 258854
20200210_225016.jpg
20200210_225132.jpg
20200210_224905.jpg
20200210_224922.jpg

And the cuttings look fine. Some are a little droopy but nothing they can't sort out on their own by morning. It's pretty temperate in the veg room, if a bit dry- the only floppy ones are the church and lavender who are perpetual delinquents and won't behave no matter how many times they get sent to the headmaster s office.
20200210_224905.jpg

And finally, yogurt is guarding the cull pile. He loves gnawing on discarded stems so he knows he's in for a treat tomorrow. STICK???!!!! OOOHHH CAN HAVE? THANK MUCH!
20200210_224922.jpg

Mrs Fogeys gram(a woman who was a saint) was named Gert. Every time I saw her I would say ‘Yo Gert!’. I thought I was funny. Not sure if anyone else got it or if it is even funny but I would chuckle to myself...

I am sure my lavender clone is finicky and I have only known her for a few days. Going to melt some glass in hydrofloric acid to give her a dose of silica STAT!

Within 5 minutes of that pic being taken he was under the covers snoring. He's a goof. He has two power settings: off, and eleven. Mostly he just wants to snuggle into laps and fall asleep which is comical considering he's 60 pounds, and will spazz around the house until he finds a cuddle buddy or someone to play tug with.

I was a master optician for the first half of my work life and we used HF to etch glass. One woman I worked with was soaking some lenses in it and had a hole in her protective apron and it soaked her belly. She was out for weeks and retired later that year due to on-going pain in her bones(I caught her cleaning our trichloroethane degreaser once while smoking a cigarette so not the sharpest glass shard in the pile). When I moved into field service, our systems used lasers that used florine gas. One day some idiot in facilities broke one of the lines feeding a laser and Florine gas flowed into the subfab. When the gas gets into your lungs where it is nice and moist, it forms hydrofloric acid. Several people had to go to the ER for that. That being said, I was joking about using it in my home much less my grow...

Our local ER keeps liquid gluconate for injection because of a desmut tank we used to run. It required top ups of HF10%. We still have a bifluoride/phosphoric tank that ends up having low levels of HF due to dissociation, so its good to know the stuff is nearby in case someone takes a swim. It runs at pH 5.5 ish but still fails the RCRA corrosivity test- it will dissolve a 1" solid block of titanium in under a half hour... steel doesn't stand a chance. I keep a tube of gluconate in my desk just in case.

Latest posts

Back