Drunken Seed Gets Lucky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The front Low in the picture is only 8 inches, thick and fat, the other 3 are about 14 inches, lanky and stretched because of the lack of light, they will fill out, it will simply have gaps between the buds, free is free, the tall plant to the right of the Low is the Cherry malawi, extremely thick stem, thicker than any of my other plants, its still not shown sex yet!

Hi Guys :)

Ive been a busy lately :eek:

I had 3 small Lowryders ready for the cull, things have changed here this year and drying in the house is definitely a no no, so I had to dry my Lows a different way, I used a food dehydrator.

Picture 1 & 2 are the small Lowryders.

Picture 3 is some of the buds spread on the food dehydrator trays, 5 trays used.

Picture 4 is the food dehydrator outside (JEEEZ it stank the kitchen up bad) so outside it went :rofl:

Picture 5 is the dried bud, from turning the food dehyrator on to turning it off (I checked several times) it dried the buds in 2 hours 15 mins, I then put the buds straight into a sealed jar, I checked next morning and they had dampened up again slightly, so I put them in the food dehydrator again for 30 mins and re jarred them, checked again next morning and they were dry :)

They smell wonderful and yes I smoked a sample, they taste surprisingly ok, a bit coarse, but easily smokeable, im now going to let it cure for a while and re sample it in the future sometime, I had 57gms wet and ended up with 23gms dry.

2 lfd.JPG

2 lfd 1.JPG

2 lfd 2.JPG

2 lfd 3.JPG

2 lfd 4.jpg

what i thought you only could use dehydrators for mushrooms. how did it work for you i got one but never used it i got real high humidity lately, so maybe i should?

Ive had fun with this!

This Discovery apple tree was already heavily leaning when I moved here, we have had a LOT of rain and the tree was in fruit, the enevitable happened :EEK:

Picture 1, I noticed a broken slab as I walked back from my greenhouse a few days ago and took this picture.

Picture 2, closer picture of broken slab.

Picture 3, I heard a large snap while I was in my greenhouse, and found this.

Picture 4, Closer.

Picture 5, I had to saw it off.

Picture 6, The cut off section.

It was at this point I wondered what the hell im going to do with a fallen over tree :rofl:

So I bought a hand winch and a pulling strap and decided to see if the tree would pull upright.

Picture 7, The winch and strap.

Picture 8, I wrapped the pulling strap around a strong branch.

Picture 9, The pull begins.

Picture 10, Winch and strap under stress.

Picture 11, I now have a tree almost upright.

Now my only problem is ..... how long to leave it being pulled upright until I let the winch loose :rofl:

2 tree 2.JPG

2 tree 3.JPG

2 tree 4.JPG

2 tree 5.JPG

2 tree 6.JPG

2 tree 7.JPG

2 tree 11.JPG

2 tree 9.JPG

2 2 R S.JPG

2 2 nr.JPG

Here is my other problem :)

This is the beer baby, she is massive, I have lost 50% of my greenhouse, she has been bent 3 times, ive tied her branches down and all she does is make the others bigger :rofl:

This really is turning into a major problem, I certainly hope she grows no bigger, several pics below, picture 4 is how the greenhouse used to look and picture 5 is the beer baby 3 months ago.

2 gh.JPG

2 gh1.JPG

2 gh2.JPG

green pots jpeg.JPG

2 gh3.jpg

toke@smoke420 said:
what i thought you only could use dehydrators for mushrooms. how did it work for you i got one but never used it i got real high humidity lately, so maybe i should?

Hello toke :)

It worked fine, dried 2 ounce of bud in 2 and a half hours, ok it tasted a bit rough, but ive tasted worse, smoked exactly like normal, I will leave it a month to cure then smoke the rest.

risktaker27 said:
nice job hippy how maney plants you got in that green house ther hugh

6 more, they were all planted 2.5 months ago, they will soon be outside of the greenhouse, the beer baby giant plant is growing way too big and starting to move its canopy over and above the other plants, they will only grow to about 3ft tall.

Hey HIE, sorry i haven't been by to watch that big ol' beer baby grow up...But she's MASSIVE, i can see the prollem ...I really don't have an answer for ya tho, sry :( ...But that LR looks like it's gonna make for some great stash, let us know when the cure is done and how it is...Keep it Up and Keep it GREeN ...

eyy hippy im trying my dehydrator for some small popcorn lower branch buds, just thought id let ya know you inspired me to try this dry method, i was thinking maybe do a quick dry for half and then dry the other half dehydrate and half regular dry to see the difference and mess around with it. peace HIE

Latest posts

Back