Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How far is this from seed?
Born on June 11th and 12th... planted on my birthday the 8th.. Happy Birthday grow to me... hahaha.
well, now I have to go water, feed and drool over that frost... lol

In this photo they are 4 days short of 60 and probably go 75-80
20230808_204351 (2).jpg

Purple Lot Lizard... omg is this stuff smelling wonderful.. grapes, berries.. 1 already chopped, the tall lanky girl with the dreading buds... she's a sticky little thing but her buds never came together.. seen it happen in early crosses where a mix of the parents develops that ugly kid with the big forehead... lol.
PLL 2b.jpg
PLL 2d.jpg
PPL a.jpg
PLL c.jpg
PLL 3e.jpg
PLL 3c.jpg

Purple Lot Lizard... omg is this stuff smelling wonderful.. grapes, berries.. 1 already chopped, the tall lanky girl with the dreading buds... she's a sticky little thing but her buds never came together.. seen it happen in early crosses where a mix of the parents develops that ugly kid with the big forehead... lol.
View attachment 337563View attachment 337564View attachment 337565View attachment 337566View attachment 337567View attachment 337568
Both of my brothers suffered from the ugly child ,big forehead look.

Both of my brothers suffered from the ugly child ,big forehead look.
We have cherokee indian on my dad's moms side... and man, The wife & I did a photo booth thing out in Vegas that showed what your child would look like.. ours came out a girl all forehead so it's a running joke for us... bless her heart.

Thank you for the help. Now it makes sense. I planted autos last year and they got about 30 inches. They went straight into their forever container and I started feeding in about 2 week of growth. This year I was trying to plant 5 photos in a one gallon pot for a challenge in another group. 3 were autos one was a male. I transplanted the autos and they stopped growing. They look more like a cactus.. lol but have a few big honkin’ buds. The seeds were free so still a good deal. Glad To know what to do for next time. Half the seeds I get are free. I have gotten very few males so far. I love to learn new tips and tricks to make my favorite plant better. Peppers and weed is the only thing that survived our scorching hot summer we just had. Everything else died. It was just to freekin’ hot this summer. I had to water 7am and 7 pm and still lost everything. I have been vegetable gardening for almost 40 years on my own and another 10 years learning from my grandmother.

Hello Jan... is that a Rat Terrier as your Avatar. I'm on my 2nd and just love them..

I'd ask if your in Tex but pretty sure every state got hot this year.. I know even in our swamp we broke records for highest, then longest days in a row.. ugh. 112f in shade.. did you try covering them in that black matting that reduces the suns direct glare... I could see you needing to water 4x's a day just to keep up with transpiration. (plant sweating).. maybe next year will be better for ya and hey, we should all get our seeds for free huh? lol

Thanks so much... drove down to the HTG store and it's closed for good.... wth. So, nowhere local again to buy soils and had to go to the Farm/Feed store who stores things in a shed where bugs can get to them...
and all they had was Happy Frog. Treated soil with Dietimacious Earth food grade mixed into it dry and let it sit for a few days... then after watering in the plants added dry soil to the top...

I culled another Blue Moon Rocks and added a Grappa S1 x Sour Crack Auto Fem... just pushed a seedling down into the wet soil I just culled the BMR out of.

So now, 3 photo periods and 5 Autos fem's...

Never grown an auto in my life. You're tempting me.
I have a nice one growing now, Planted in the 3 gal bag like carty said. I see now you start in 1 gal bags and transfer to 3 gal I thought you were not supposed to transplant them?
I want to do some more and train a few , I have seen them topped and fim with great success, Have you topped any Carty?

Oh yeah I have.... and, I've discovered with the feminized Autos your better off starting them in their permanent home... UP potting is no big deal.. when I began my auto journey I tested all the.. you can't do this or that to an auto... I wanted to find out for myself. It said, no transplanting... we'll see.
I started with regular autos, so to get 6 I had to start 15. and that dictated I use smaller pots so I did..
1gal pots, up potted after they showed sex around 3wks. after up potting they went bonkers loving it..
so, I started my own way of doing things and mostly grew regular autos....

then I experimented with a fem auto and put it straight into a 2gal felt pot.... she got big too...

Autos that grow super fast and at 3wks old are already 24" I top, I've FIM cut them too, but not often.. I supercrop everything... pinching stems and bending them...

Never grown an auto in my life. You're tempting me.
I started on autos. I was told they were easiest for beginners. Now its photos in summer outside and autos in winter. Mine are outside right now as were are still in mid 60s at night and 90 s in day. I am following Carty’s directions as close as possible. My biggest autos have only gotten about 30 inches. Hopefully I can get them bigger. Thanks

I started on autos. I was told they were easiest for beginners. Now its photos in summer outside and autos in winter. Mine are outside right now as were are still in mid 60s at night and 90 s in day. I am following Carty’s directions as close as possible. My biggest autos have only gotten about 30 inches. Hopefully I can get them bigger. Thanks
Much of this depends on the strain too... I love Mephisto gear but most of theirs comes in around 2ft... the biggest auto ever, Himilayan. omg. almost 5ft and a bush.. trick is finding a strain that veg's for 30 days before it shows sex... autos that show sex in 2wks will usually be smaller. I don't mind short and stocky, I am, just have to use more plants...

I'm awaiting seeds to be sent finally of my creations... both Autos created in 2008, the other 2023..
Gabagoo... Gabagoo will be ready first.. $20 for 10.
305562-aba5cc4823fbdead3f28f931c5f44ccc.jpeg

Stickers are ready, awaiting seeds and seed pucks...
Gabagoo.jpg

Beast Mode
Beast Mode d.jpg

Latest posts

Back