Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's everybody doing tonight? sitting here watching one of my teams just whoop up on the Chargers.... Ravens are my team, but I was born in Las Vegas and never ever thought we'd get a team yet alone the damn Raiders who I've always despised.... ggrrrrrr.... but dang, 42-0 at the half.. Go Raiders Go.....

I received my glow in the dark seed pucks, not sure it's such a great idea... same price as other filament so not out nothing... by the time I put a sticker on the back and front, only the edges are exposed to glow... hahaha...

Hey dude.... I hurt so bad. went to check out an electric bike a neighbor has for sale.. $400. Forgot to charge the battery so went for a pedal ride.. nice bike, fat boy tires.. super easy to pedal and coasts forever.. Idea was to get off the couch more and work my legs and new hips...
Returning it my foot gets caught on the seat back and down I went in the concrete driveway.. Right onto my knee cap, hurt both wrists... cut my arm.. Knee and leg swollen, both wrists, hurts to type this so I'm done for now guys..... see ya soon.. ouch

Hey dude.... I hurt so bad. went to check out an electric bike a neighbor has for sale.. $400. Forgot to charge the battery so went for a pedal ride.. nice bike, fat boy tires.. super easy to pedal and coasts forever.. Idea was to get off the couch more and work my legs and new hips...
Returning it my foot gets caught on the seat back and down I went in the concrete driveway.. Right onto my knee cap, hurt both wrists... cut my arm.. Knee and leg swollen, both wrists, hurts to type this so I'm done for now guys..... see ya soon.. ouch
Feel Better Carty
The Auto Growers as well as the regs need you here
I brought you some flowers......................

1702817906049.png

Amazing thread carty. This is my first go with autos. This thread lays out a lot of good information. Like all methods some folks won't agree or are to close minded to think outside the box or deviate from what they already know or think they know. Folks are funny like that. However it would serve them well to take a gander at your work.

As I read through your thread I realized you approach autos similar to fems or regs with the up pot gig. Most threads I've read frown upon this but I often scratch my head as to why. Can autos be that delicate? I think not. Does up potting cause stress.. probably...so what...cannabis responds well to stress.

When I started my autos about a month ago I did start off in the 3gal fab pots. I'd not come across one transplant auto grower until I met you. I have to say I agree 100% on up potting. It has served us well through decades of growing regs and fems. Why are autos any different?

Doing the up potting is so beneficial to the plant. She's got new medium to stretch out in and they rarely have a problem with that. It also does away with any need of flushing going into the flower cycle. Adding the myco root boost makes it an even more explosive experience for the plant. Up potting always made sense to me. Never could wrap my head around not doing it.

Tip: I follow this guy on another forum. His knowledge of plants blows my mind. Old commercial greenhouse grower. Sometimes when folks find a root bound plant they cut off the bottom 1/3 and repot. This guy stands the exposed rootall upright. Instead of removing the roots he cuts them from the base of the soil to the bottom. 4 slices as if cutting a pie into 1/4s. Making sure he cuts through the larger mass of roots at the bottom of the ball. This action along with some Myco in a up pot makes the roots blow up in the new medium. This kind of stress can stimulate a lot of growth. Folks see a slightly droopy plant and freak out. In two days or less she's ready to fly at warp speed.
Now that I will be up potting this next round I will try this for myself. Plants are only as strong as their root system. Anything that promotes better roots is okay with me..lol.
Just thought I'd share some info...that's what we do.

Carty, you've got a new fan brother. This world of autos is a pretty amazing place. I love the simplicity of the grow and the continuous harvest you can achieve. I'll be hitting you up for some beans soon. Thanks for taking the time to lay out all this on autos. Many will become better and more confident growers after reading this. I look forward to learning more from you.

Dang GM44... wanna be my spokesman... lol. I'm truly honored you think so highly of me.. I discovered
Autos in 2007 when I was gifted 10 seeds of Sour60 x AK47.. all got crushed by the auto stamper cept 3
and the journey began... those 3 seeds are responsible for Gabagoo F4, Beast Mode and Gabagoo Purps..

The offspring of that was not feminized of course.. so to find 6 ladies, I needed to plant 12-15. Try doing that with 3gal pots... so, I ordered 1gal pots... they sucked and plants stunted a bit.. did some thinking and
new air flow to the roots is key. Orchid pots are the best, drain holes everywhere.. so I bought 10...
My idea is, if you start Autos in 1gal "plastic" pots... this allows you to allow the roots to build up to support the plant as it matures... Up pot after sexing, usually 3-4 weeks. This is when I switch to "Felt" pots so the roots get air pruned as they reach the edges.. causes feeder roots to form off these roots and this is what you want duirng bloom... lots of feeder roots....

I'd listen to that man... his experience running a large setup is priceless... there's an old hippie on youtube that looks at peoples grows they have posted up and rips them apart... describes all they are doing wrong and how to fix it.. love a funny smartass....

Let's rocks some autos...

BTW... feeling much better today.. right wrist still swollen and left knee, but only hurts now if I touch it..
OWE.... OWE.. see.. hahaha.

We have babies... I love babies. I have to admit, I did leave these in the water an extra day, not my style..
some of the root tips browned, and it was Beast Mode because they popped first being exposed longer ..
2 were culled for hooking the root..
IMG_20231217_221532.jpg

The other 2 look just fine and appear to be opposite pheno's... F2 Beast Mode
IMG_20231217_221435.jpg
IMG_20231217_221419.jpg
IMG_20231217_221514.jpg

White Widow Auto Fem
IMG_20231217_220745.jpg
IMG_20231217_220721.jpg

Pink Mango x GDP
IMG_20231217_220913.jpg
IMG_20231217_220833.jpg

GDP B
IMG_20231217_220117.jpg
IMG_20231217_220037.jpg

Dang GM44... wanna be my spokesman... lol. I'm truly honored you think so highly of me.. I discovered
Autos in 2007 when I was gifted 10 seeds of Sour60 x AK47.. all got crushed by the auto stamper cept 3
and the journey began... those 3 seeds are responsible for Gabagoo F4, Beast Mode and Gabagoo Purps..

The offspring of that was not feminized of course.. so to find 6 ladies, I needed to plant 12-15. Try doing that with 3gal pots... so, I ordered 1gal pots... they sucked and plants stunted a bit.. did some thinking and
new air flow to the roots is key. Orchid pots are the best, drain holes everywhere.. so I bought 10...
My idea is, if you start Autos in 1gal "plastic" pots... this allows you to allow the roots to build up to support the plant as it matures... Up pot after sexing, usually 3-4 weeks. This is when I switch to "Felt" pots so the roots get air pruned as they reach the edges.. causes feeder roots to form off these roots and this is what you want duirng bloom... lots of feeder roots....

I'd listen to that man... his experience running a large setup is priceless... there's an old hippie on youtube that looks at peoples grows they have posted up and rips them apart... describes all they are doing wrong and how to fix it.. love a funny smartass....

Let's rocks some autos...
Your welcome carty. Your way of growing autos really appeals to me and I will put all of your method to use on my next grow with autos. I'll be growing your beans when they get here. Sending you some $ today.

I am interested in learning how to make my own auto seed but that's down the road. I need some jars filled for now. I'm hoping you will share your methods for that as well. I am real excited to get to grow out your beans. I think this auto thing is growing on me quick...why not? They are so easy..

Your welcome carty. Your way of growing autos really appeals to me and I will put all of your method to use on my next grow with autos. I'll be growing your beans when they get here. Sending you some $ today.

I am interested in learning how to make my own auto seed but that's down the road. I need some jars filled for now. I'm hoping you will share your methods for that as well. I am real excited to get to grow out your beans. I think this auto thing is growing on me quick...why not? They are so easy..
Making seeds with Autos is really very easy and my methods will allow you to either make a bunch of seeds, or, just enough to keep the strain going and you in stock.. we can get to that later on... Getting you a card ready for shipping out ASAP.. check your DM

The single WW was planted for my friend Lady Zandra who pretty much taught me to grow back in 03..
All the plants are up, just got watered last night and I had to get rid of one of the GDP that curled up and died.. so I took a seed and just plopped it into the soil and watered it...

this should be fun

If you can, add a few more holes in the very bottoms.... this is why I use Orchid pots, although these should work just fine for their first 3wks or so.. nice job man... seeds going out tomorrow dude..
Yeah man, I think they'll work. Tall and some major holes in bottom..just my style.. 😆

Thanks for them beans..hell of a deal. Fresh seed is the best.

Nice sharing GM44... maybe one day you 2 can meet up and toot a hooter together eh? always cool to do, put a face with a screen name.
Be sure to use them spores man... this is what will create a good root base.

A few of these GDP Autos are struggling and I don't tolerate that. If I start 8 plants and I see that some are really thriving like the White Widow and my Beast Mode, I compare the others to them and if I don't like what I see very early on.... I pluck them and drop something else. The joy of having so many seeds makes
this possible... so don't be afraid to walk away from a struggling Auto in the first week. Drop something else.

Today a card arrived from my buddy in Vegas, 420noob, and it was assorted Autos all fem... one was a strain from Kentucky called "Vintage Kentucky Red Hair" fem's.... just may drop these for my Ky wife... hehe.

Nice sharing GM44... maybe one day you 2 can meet up and toot a hooter together eh? always cool to do, put a face with a screen name.
Be sure to use them spores man... this is what will create a good root base.

A few of these GDP Autos are struggling and I don't tolerate that. If I start 8 plants and I see that some are really thriving like the White Widow and my Beast Mode, I compare the others to them and if I don't like what I see very early on.... I pluck them and drop something else. The joy of having so many seeds makes
this possible... so don't be afraid to walk away from a struggling Auto in the first week. Drop something else.

Today a card arrived from my buddy in Vegas, 420noob, and it was assorted Autos all fem... one was a strain from Kentucky called "Vintage Kentucky Red Hair" fem's.... just may drop these for my Ky wife... hehe.
420noob good guy, maybe he will stop by one day.

Latest posts

Back