Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yo Dude... we do many things very similar ways and shared techniques for sure. What do you call Supercropping.. because I learned it from Soma who described it as the pinching and sometimes after pinching, redirecting of shoots by bending them slightly too.. Some believe in just pinching the main stem once early in veg, like week 2.

I prefer to wait until I see the preflower yellowing tops, then I pinch just below the point where I've removed, stripped all growth.. making above it go nutso.

If I want a plant to bush out a wee more, I'll FIM cut her top.. FIM stands for Fudge I misses.. lol. learned by accident using long scissors and accidentally nipping the top of the following branch, and thought he'd hurt her.. the results amazed him and thus FIM cutting. some call this supercropping. I think it's become muddied over the years in confusion.. even when you research it, people have it wrong from the grow books back in the 70's.

Funny you say daily.. because training a new leaf takes just that. you tuck it one day and it reaches for the light doing it's job and you may have to retuck. I use either cookng twine or old bread ties cut down to tie branches together at the base to control direction..

Been training these for just over a week now..
View attachment 296833

View attachment 296834

#2.. and, when you have the plants out, ya gotta have security going strong... bottom right keeping watch Mongo
View attachment 296835

#3. Of the 3 plants, this runt pheno slowly coming around, STINKS to high heaven already.. nice
View attachment 296836

not much going down the babies to do much but water.. please tune in to my other threads for updates..

So beautiful up there Carty. Just love little Mongo. Does she bark when she hears people?

As for soil I went back to my MG. I'm using the Twice As Big mixed with about 30% Perlite and I use EM-1 and CalMag once a week and my veggies love it. My Weed is actually put directly in the ground mixed with the MG. I know my tomatoes love it being in the ground with that mix and your Gabagoo that the dog pulled out of the pot is now in the ground with the Zkittles.
The Zkittles is loving good ole mother earth. Im hoping the Gabagoo and Blue Vangoo that I transplanted from seedling into the ground loves it too. Another words I'm growing directly in good ole mother earth with a MG mix instead of felt pots.
I still have a lot of veggies in Felt Pots with MG and they are doing awesome but the plants in the ground seem to grow even faster.
Bet the Northern Light Ryder's would love this soil I have around my house too.😁

Morning WeedHopper I'm going to give MG a try. How much EM-1 and CalMag do you use? Do you use anything else for nutrient? Amazon has the Twice As Big for $12. and something for 2cu.

Morning Carty, I started 3 Baby Yoda's of the seeds you sent me well their stun. I had my light to high. I have three more seeds left debating if I should start over. (Thinking). No, I'm going to grow them out.
1653733837561.png

Morning WeedHopper I'm going to give MG a try. How much EM-1 and CalMag do you use? Do you use anything else for nutrient? Amazon has the Twice As Big for $12. and something for 2cu.
Ness I go by the instructions on the bottles. I use them once a week when I water.
I water every day though because I'm growing outside in the Texas heat. That's pretty much all I use. When they start to flower I add Tiger Bloom with my once a week feeding.

Ness I go by the instructions on the bottles. I use them once a week when I water.
I water every day though because I'm growing outside in the Texas heat. That's pretty much all I use. When they start to flower I add Tiger Bloom with my once a week feeding.

Thank you Hopper I'm looking forward to see how the MG works. I'll be starting some new beans around the eighth of June. Buy then I should receive my MG, Tiger Bloom, and EM-1. I have the CalMag. 🤪

Thank you Hopper I'm looking forward to see how the MG works. I'll be starting some new beans around the eighth of June. Buy then I should receive my MG, Tiger Bloom, and EM-1. I have the CalMag. 🤪
You can make more EM-1 from the bottle you get pretty easily. I think you can make 32 liters from a 32 ounce bottle of EM-1. They call it EMA. All you need is a bottle, a pressure relieving device, some EM-1, water, molasses and a couple of weeks time.

https://www.teraganix.com/blogs/garden-solutions-blog-home-page/activated-em-1-recipe-page

Interesting. I know people use molasses, but it always makes me think it will turn the soil sourer. 👾
It (molasses) feeds the microbes in the EM-1 once you expand it. Your plants will love you.

You can also use EM-1 to make bokashi. The EM-1 and bokashi work symbiotically in a bottom feed, soil system. It wouldn't really benefit a top watering tho. Just FYI 😉

It (molasses) feeds the microbes in the EM-1 once you expand it. Your plants will love you.

You can also use EM-1 to make bokashi. The EM-1 and bokashi work symbiotically in a bottom feed, soil system. It wouldn't really benefit a top watering tho. Just FYI 😉
I have used EMA as a drench and foliar spray. I have used it as a drench throughout the plants life cycle and found it to be beneficial though I have not done side by side comparisons. I do know my root balls were more dense throughout my pots when I started using it and buds were denser. I am sure it works well with bokashi as a bottom feed but it is made to be used as a drench as well to help chelate nutrients in the soil, making those nutrients available to the plants throughout the grow cycle. MG is not organic. The nutrients I believe are provided in a form available to plants already so it may not help with MG but it will make nutrients that are not in a bioavailable form in the soil available to the plants. More available nutrients = healthier plants. That is my 2 cents on EM.

Well, how's everybody been? I've been a bit busy lately.. had to get the wife off to her family reunion up in Ky.

So, lets get on with things. Molasses eh? I've always found the after taste of pure molasses to much.. after some
research I found Sucunat. Carbs are carbs and these are made from the sugar cane. and a little trick, use it to flush
your plants the last 2wks before harvest, it oxygenates the soil while adding goodness to the plants natural tastes and not overpowering it like Molasses tends to.

Hey Ness... yup, he's my security Mongo is.. get the HE in that.. lol. it's a boy. Mongo is a character from a movie called Blazing Saddles. Many younger people look at me like, what? never heard of it..

Calmag had always been a food I've had issues with, and finally got with a professional grower and this is what he
said.. because I wasn't sure also when to use it. he said to start using it in veg around week 2 and thru to week 6
of flower. start with 1/2tsp and then to tsp/gal. weekly. if you grow organically, Earth Juice makes a good one.

and remember, if your feeding 3 plants and one is still showing some necrosis of cal mag deficiencies, you have what
is called a calmag pig. the leaf material will all look pale green to. The Nitrogen in most calmag products is around 4 and keeps this from happening..

Hey, wanna see something. ok, here goes.

Remember how we talked about transplanting, and when to do it? no, well let's talk again then..

1gal plastic pot until plant shows sex, up pot to 2 or 3gal felt pot. and here is the differences I've done just to show
you fine peeps how to avoid stunting plants. well, autos anyway.

These 4 Gamhazn F3 plants are all the same age. The plant far right was up potted right when it showed sex at about week 3ish. the next plant to left was up potted a week later and the 2 far left remain in their 1gal pots to flower.
see the size differences.
20220601_104756 (2).jpg

Now, if your good I'll teach you my other trick to stretch autos.. you can't tell anyone either.. ssshhhhh. lol.

Try flipping your lights to 12/12 for a week.. I don't do this everytime, but this time I had because the Berserker Autos seemed to need it to flower better...
Even though these plants look healthy, I had to do some trimming to get them like this...
20220601_130408 (2).jpg

Gamhazn F3 up potted next to not up potted (2).jpg
side by side comparison

The 2 already up potted are looking great..
gam b..jpg

Gamhazn dat was up potted (2).jpg

Carty I will update you on the ones I have growing. Your Gabagoo and Blue Vangoo look awesome. They are directly in the ground after popping and almost 3 wks. I have a Mr Magoo that went in the ground as a seed and it has popped and looking good too. I have a Mr Magoo and a Miss Piggy in 3 gallon fabric pots. The Magoo looks good but Miss Piggy not so much. Not having a lot of luck with Miss Piggy so far.
In order
Gabagoo and Blue Vangoo
Mr Magoo
In pots Miss Piggy and Mr Magoo
20220601_181449_HDR.jpg
20220601_181436_HDR.jpg
20220601_181418.jpg
20220601_181515_HDR.jpg

Carty I will update you on the ones I have growing. Your Gabagoo and Blue Vangoo look awesome. They are directly in the ground after popping and almost 3 wks. I have a Mr Magoo that went in the ground as a seed and it has popped and looking good too. I have a Mr Magoo and a Miss Piggy in 3 gallon fabric pots. The Magoo looks good but Miss Piggy not so much. Not having a lot of luck with Miss Piggy so far.
In order
Gabagoo and Blue Vangoo
Mr Magoo
In pots Miss Piggy and Mr MagooView attachment 298920View attachment 298921View attachment 298922View attachment 298923
Love the ‘anti-canine’ cages…

Yep. The mother fker won't be fking up anymore plants. These are the two he fked up. The taller one is Zkittles that he chewed up and the short one is the Gabagoo he chewed and pulled out of the ground. I can't believe it even lived to be a runt. Both are girls and flowering.
20220601_181540_HDR.jpg
20220601_181545.jpg
20220601_181549.jpg
20220601_181553_HDR.jpg
20220601_181600_HDR.jpg
20220601_181607.jpg
20220601_181618_HDR.jpg
20220601_181628.jpg

Yep. The mother fker won't be fking up anymore plants. These are the two he fked up. The taller one is Zkittles that he chewed up and the short one is the Gabagoo he chewed and pulled out of the ground. I can't believe it even lived to be a runt. Both are girls and flowering.View attachment 298929View attachment 298930View attachment 298931View attachment 298932View attachment 298933View attachment 298934View attachment 298935View attachment 298936
I need to get bear proof cages for my bird feeders. All my feeders were taken down this morning and the fatty bear just looked at me like ‘oh, a human’…

Hey WH... things are looking pretty good. What a tough little plant to be ripped up and replanted huh? because,
It's a Gabagoo... haha. wait till I tell Ladybug. she loves that strain and named it from Sopranos.. lol.

Blue Vangoo though is a real winner buddy, and, can get some nice size to her because of the female used from breeder Stitch. Used his Kush Van Stitch strain..
kush Van Stitch.JPG

Here is what the Daddy of all these strains (aka: Mr Magoo flowering) looks like in female form..
Sour Bubble x Sour60 - Mr Magoo
Sour Bubble x S60.JPG

Sour Bubble added the size Sour60 needed. the S60 was a super short but glistening plant covered in goodness..
I actually had to go to an old site and look up my works from 10yrs ago to figure all this out..

Mr Magoo - Sour Bubble x Sour60 first cross..

Gabagoo - W. C. OG x Cash Crop Auto mom x Sour Bubble/Sour60 male. On the right you see the 3 females I had to work with making seeds of this mix. I chose 2 of them, never shared Gabagoo 2 with anyone as I love the Lemony Pheno's and didn't make nearly as many seeds of her.
Gabagoo 1.jpg
Gabagoo S1.jpg

Miss Piggy - Man Bear Alien Pig by Mephisto x Sour Bubble/Sour60.

Blue Vangoo - Kush Van Stitch x Sour Bubble/Sour60.

Gabagoo 2 - Same as Gabagoo cept this pheno had the more lemony affect like W. C. OG does.
Gabagoo 2.jpg

Gabagoo 2 lemon pheno.jpg

Sour Bubble and why I chose to cross it to Sour60 to increase size especially of main cola
Sour Bubble..jpg

Last edited:
Tell your Wife I love the name. I knew a Stich but he was a Biker.
I love the Blue Vangoo and Gabagoo. Very strong plants and the Mr Magoo is starting to come around too. Not having much luck with Miss Piggy for some reason the seeds are not as viable.
Only one has made it and it doesn't look good.
But the other three are killing it so far.
Gabagoo is a tough mother fker. I can't believe that one made it after being pulled out of the ground and chewed up like it was. GMO sent me the Zkittles and it did good considering the ass kicking it took from my crazy ass dog. Although it didn't get pulled out of the ground but it was chewed up pretty good and was laying over when my Wife chased the dog off of it.🤨
I'll keep you posted here and on my Thread.
I'm excited to see what Blue and Mr Magoo does. I've grown Gabee/Gabagoo out before and the smoke was great.
You still sending the Lightryder? I think that's what you called it. If so give me a heads up. No rush,just curious on how that one grows .
Thanks again brother. I hope I make you proud.

Last edited:
It's a Gabagoo... haha. wait till I tell Ladybug. she loves that strain and named it from Sopranos.. lol.
If you and Ladybug liked the Sapranos, check out ‘Lillehammer’. It is Miami Steve in Norway doing a little Cosa Nostra thing. Sorry to get off topic. Beautiful breeding you are up to.

Latest posts

Back