BC Purps and BC Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds purtee elaborate to me man... i'm not very savey(sp?) wit the whole indoor thing just yet. i figured i'd try outdoors first. it seems less complicated and less intricate than indoors to me at this point. i'll have to pay close attention ta ya log on ur grow and all that keep things in mind maybe learn a thing or two too.

Reactions: gmo
gmo said:
MassProducer, did you find any keeper mothers in your kush or purps?

Oh yes, I have 2 different kush phenos and 2 really nice purps phenos. Check out the thread I posted in the indoor section on my coco buckets, I posted some new pics in that thread.

Just click it in my signature

By the way things seem to be coming along nicely, K+

Plants are looking good and growing ok. The kush seems to be doing a little better than the purps which seem very small for 3 weeks old, I read that this plant is sometimes a little slow but grows out of it, so if anyone could chime in on that it would help. All plants have each been given 2 waterings at 1/4 strength dose of nutes. All of the plants seemed to take it ok so I may step it up next time. Ok, so some pics...

1) My favorite purps plant, it smells really good, like grape candy with a hint of skunk. mmmMMMmm, makes my mouth water thinking about the smell of it. Also, this one seems very very sativa dominant, really hoping it is a she.
2) Favorite kush plant, again smells great and is growing very fast.
3) overshot of the "garden". Purps are in green pots Kush are in tan pots. There is one of the kushs that I am keeping a close eye on cause it seems much more sativa dominant than any of the others.

100_0446.JPG

100_0447.JPG

100_0448.JPG

hey im about to built a box actually very similar to urs and im just wondering how exactly u made it. and what its deminsions are? and their lookin great bro i bet your excited! k ima pull up a chair and watch this one. u got me hooked :)

Toke, the dimmensions are something like 1 1/2ft x 2ft x 8ft for the mother room and 3 1/2ft x 2ft x 8ft for the veg. part of the room. The way I made it was I used 2"x2"s to frame the entire box and the inside to seperate the 2 chambers of the box. Then I used plywood around the 2x2's. The door was the tricky part, it must also be framed with 2x2's and the hinges for the door have to go on the outside of the box. This created a little gap with a light leak, so I took my mylar and went from the inside of the box to the door to cover the gap. Any other q's just ask, I'm glad to help.

hahaha bro u have the sam idea i did i already bought the 2x2 's at home depot and next ima by the 8x4 particle board! ya i was thinking about the door hinge problem could u take a picture of your hinge so i could see how u did it thanks for the info :) :)

Ya ill get a pic up asap, probably won't be till later tonight or tomorrow morning, but I will post up when I can. Thanks for the compliments guys!

Well its been 1 month since sprouts appeared. Lights were switched back to 12/12 today. A few of them are not looking good on the older growth, guess they didn't like the nutes as much as I thought they would, but since I have been giving straight water they seem to be doing better and all new growth is green. I did notice some preflowers on a few and that is what made me decide today was the day to induce flowering. I figure 1 month veg was enough this time around since I need some bud.

Tokewithhope, I haven't forgotten about you buddy, I will get those pics up tomorrow, I promise. I will also have some new pics of the garden.

Keep your fingers crossed for some good fems for me guys!

Pictures as promised.
1) Overview of the garden.
2) The best looking plant in the bunch, over a foot tall and really growing fast, I think I can see female preflowers but I'll wait to be sure for another few days, should show pretty quick now that flowering has been induced.
3)TokeWithHope, this is for you, this is how I have the hinges on my box setup. I had to cut a notch behind each hinge so that they were able to open all the way, without those notches cut the door only opened about 1/3 of the way before it was hitting that wood. Making those notches solved the problem.

100_0452.JPG

100_0453.JPG

100_0454.JPG

ahahah ty bro! it rle helped but i decided that i would just go out to home depot and by one of those closet cabinet things. it saved me a few bucks and alot of work and ur hinge idea is good. since the box i bought was wider and deeper but not as tall as i want im going to by some more board build up the box another foot. therfore ima need to put in some hinges by myself so this is still a great help. and ur babies are growin fast! even im gettn anxious! but also what kind of fan/ exhaust setup are u using?

Just over 2 weeks into flowering. I have gotten rid of 3 purple males and 1 kush male about 1 week ago. The remaining 4 plants showed female signs and were replanted to the final containers at about 1 week into flower after I had determined sex. The remaining 4 plants are 3 kush and 1 purps. The purps I think is a hermie but if you guys wanna give me a second opinion I would appreciate it. Need to determine if it is hermi or not soon cause I don't want to pollinate this crop, especially with a hermi. The picture of the possible herm is the last one in this set of pictures.

100_0460.JPG

100_0461.JPG

100_0462.JPG

100_0463.JPG

100_0469.JPG

100_0466.JPG

I'm seeing balls in that last pic gmo so i'm going with hermie. ;) The ladies are looking great by the way. :aok:

yep i do too! time for the chop ,,,they are looking great tho:48:

Thanks TBG and mel. Looks like I won't be getting any purps this harvest, maybe next time I suppose. The kush ladies are looking (and smelling) fantastic though.

The kush is looking very nice, sorry to hear about you purps... The purps is very picky about its environmental conditions especially at its root zone, it is the kind of plant that true females will hermie very quickly even with the slightest stress, i guess that why the deem it as a rather difficult strain to grow, although it is very resistant to diease and pest, itdoes not doso well with over/underfeeding, droughts, or any type of measurable temp differences. If you keep these things in mind next purps run, then you should be able to find a very nice female

Latest posts

Back