Beans from Carty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maui wowie or Maui Waui is soaking they came from my new Bestie and they got soaked as soon as I could get the puck open. They are photos and will be round 2 of my summer grow outside. I have all 5 soaking. Hoping for a few males so I can make more strains. Friends of ours took a honeymoon in Hawaii and brought some back how IDK but it was some of the best bud I ever remember smoking. I only hope I can do them justice. I am hoping for 3 females and a few males. I will take whatever I get of course and be very grateful. 1 they were gifted. 2 they thought of me. 3 I feel like I hit the lottery😁. If I get both male and Fm I will segregate the males inside, With the best looking female so I can make some beans. If they are all females I might try to make some fems. If I get all males (not likely) I will harvest pollen at least. We will have to wait and see. Either way I am super Stoked!
Maui wow. Excellent strain. I e not had any in years. Love sativa's.

Maui wow. Excellent strain. I e not had any in years. Love sativa's.
Well, we'll be putting down 10 and hoping for the best.. pick the best females and, if things go great..
be offering cuttings to any and all as we trim her lower branches.. first and foremost, assure it's a real deal Oaxacan plant by comparing it to photos...

so stay tuned, few months away yet.

I bumped the light on the end up a few looked like they were stretching too much I don't like 6 inches in between nodes.
Keeping lights off temp the same as lights on helps reduce the amount they stretch too.
They all look good though, autos only get grown outside here for me.
Costs to much for me to run them inside at 18/6. My electric bill is ridiculous. Like 400+/- a couple bucks a month.

I've got some Triple Cheese autos from Anesia I won in a contest that I'm gonna grow right in my garden this year lol.

Keeping lights off temp the same as lights on helps reduce the amount they stretch too.
Costs to much for me to run them inside at 18/6. My electric bill is ridiculous. Like 400+/- a couple bucks a month.

I've got some Triple Cheese autos from Anesia I won in a contest that I'm gonna grow right in my garden this year lol.
Yes it is bad here but the solar panels help this month we owe zero. I usually only start them in and bring them out. It will be way to hot in another month or so inside the house.
My niece will be here in July for dad’s 88th. That is why I am growing her favorite strain. There are only 2 grandchildren out of 17 that even call to check on mom or dad. They even visit every few years. They are my deceased brother’s 2 youngest.

Last edited:
Yes it is bad here but the solar panels help this month we owe zero. I usually only start them in and bring them out. It will be way yo jot in another month or so. My niece will be here in July for dads 88th. That is why I am growing her favorite strain. There are only 2 grandchildren out of 17 that even call to check on mom or dad. They even visit every few years. They are my brother 2 youngest.
Wow, that's crazy. I can grow all year inside here but this time of year I hate it. Wiith running an extra heater and still needing the dehumidifier because it's been so wet here in New York instead of snowy and dry like it should be, my bill has been astronomical. I've been considering a small solar unit just to at least get my grow off my grid and save some money there.
It's prolly 200 a month just to run my 4x8.

Wow, that's crazy. I can grow all year inside here but this time of year I hate it. Wiith running an extra heater and still needing the dehumidifier because it's been so wet here in New York instead of snowy and dry like it should be, my bill has been astronomical. I've been considering a small solar unit just to at least get my grow off my grid and save some money there.
It's prolly 200 a month just to run my 4x8.
I live in the desert no rain to really speak of. We get from 4-8 inches a year usually 4. That comes between mid July thru mid Sept. sometimes Oct if it comes late. They call it monsoon season. Sudden heavy downpours that only last 20-30 minutes. We rarely get a nice steady rain that will last. Maybe once a year or less. I love Sun 300 days a year it is the best.

We get lots of rain here. There's times during the summer that I mow my way out to the far end of the property and mow my way back! Love all that greenery, though. Long about late November, I'm glad to see snow. I don't plow nearly as much as I mow.

I beg to DIFFER With you Sir ...

I had the same deal as I ran at night and off during day No a/c all that grew was stretchy ** bud The temps were the
same, and Yes they were sats

I am in florida

Peace

I beg to DIFFER With you Sir ...

I had the same deal as I ran at night and off during day No a/c all that grew was stretchy ** bud The temps were the
same, and Yes they were sats

I am in florida

Peace
Every strain/pheno is going to react different. I also said it *helps reduce* stretch, it doesn't just flat out stop the stretch lol.

Temperatures in the grow room

When daytime temperatures within our grow space are much higher than those at night, plants are induced to produce more gibberellin, causing them to stretch considerably. If we can achieve a difference of less than 5ºC between daytime and nighttime temperatures, this problem is reduced greatly. However, by making the night temperature higher than that of the day, we can reduce gibberellin production by half and control the stretch. Indeed, research has shown that most of the stretching takes place during the first few hours of the morning, so simply by reducing temperatures for a couple of hours at daybreak to 5ºC below those at night for the first 3 weeks of flowering, we can almost eliminate the stretch completely.
https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/tips-avoid-stretching-cannabis/

Every strain/pheno is going to react different. I also said it *helps reduce* stretch, it doesn't just flat out stop the stretch lol.

Temperatures in the grow room

When daytime temperatures within our grow space are much higher than those at night, plants are induced to produce more gibberellin, causing them to stretch considerably. If we can achieve a difference of less than 5ºC between daytime and nighttime temperatures, this problem is reduced greatly. However, by making the night temperature higher than that of the day, we can reduce gibberellin production by half and control the stretch. Indeed, research has shown that most of the stretching takes place during the first few hours of the morning, so simply by reducing temperatures for a couple of hours at daybreak to 5ºC below those at night for the first 3 weeks of flowering, we can almost eliminate the stretch completely.
https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/tips-avoid-stretching-cannabis/
Interesting...I believe I've read this somewhere before.

So I'm growing 9 different strains. My night temps have dropped to low 60s at night and run near 80 when on. Im now in week 5 12/12 and I saw no significant stretch in any of them. Out of 11 plants and 9 strains the highest cola is about 26". I'm growing some sativa learners too so I kinda expected a decent stretch but that did not occur. I believe the science laid out above but wonder why temp flux didn't stretch me to the roof..lol.

The goal is to have a solid 10 degree difference at least between lights on and lights off to produce more resins.. I also believe the UV lights the sun puts off that lights do not play a big part in bud production inside and out. My plants respond well to a few days of window light, then back into the tent...

Top them sucka's... hehe

As promised Maui W. marked with blue
Super stoked!
IMG_3941.jpeg

The goal is to have a solid 10 degree difference at least between lights on and lights off to produce more resins.. I also believe the UV lights the sun puts off that lights do not play a big part in bud production inside and out. My plants respond well to a few days of window light, then back into the tent...

Top them sucka's... hehe
If that's the case mine should be dripping by now. My temp flux from 60s to 80. Drip drip

I grew the Maui W two years ago outside. I topped them multiple times and they bushed out nice.

View attachment 354882
They should do well in your big pots.
Nice I will be sure to put one there or 3 depending on what I get. They are reg beans.

All 5 are up through the soil. One is just coming through but you can see her. So excited for this grow. I also had a friend in so cal send me a few WW X trainwreck. They are soaking now too. The beans he sent were huge. I hope I like this blend I love WW so good chance.
image.jpg
IMG_3980.jpeg
IMG_3979.jpeg
IMG_3978.jpeg
IMG_3977.jpeg
IMG_3976.jpeg

One was not progressing I took a closer look and she was upside down. I fixed it hope I didn't ruin anything. I have to stop being inpatient and wait for my tails to get long enough to bury them properly. That way no doubt which way is up for me or the plant…lol note to self quit being a dumb azz!

Latest posts

Back