BubbleGum From Carty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really know about LEDs. Maybe some will pipe in. I'm in the learning stage with those lamps. I'm just trying to read the plants and see what they can handle. I've not burnt the plants up ....yet..lol.

Hey Jan... got the new light eh? well good luck. I start out around 24 to 30" above the plants at 75% power.. after a week if no signs of stress, lower it down to 20, then down to 18".. Some run them right down on the plants really late in flower.. for now, 24 to 18" ...

I really think you should run it on Veg until you see hairs, then run both cycles for 2wks, then flip to flowering...

Your plants look great, healthy and the bottoms are really beginning to wake up. Do you know about FIM cutting Jan? You simply gather up the top of the plant and cut it all that leaf material in half... as the plant mends this area it sends it's growing energy towards other parts of the plant for a few weeks allowing the bottom branches to fill in better... you can then FIM cut each growing shoot to get the branches to fill out..

I cannot wait to see how your projects come along with the fem seed making... go gettem girl..

So I started using all three light buttons for the first 8 hours. Then turn off the veg button for the last 4 hours. To me it simulates the afternoon sun. When it is more shaded outside. I figured I would give it s try. My female I sprayed with colloidal silver is growing balls and pistils. I washed my other female which should be pollinated by now and put her back with the others. Moved the one I am trying to make fems with to Isolation and added another light. View attachment 349795
I see I'm not the only one that overthinks stuff. I've got two 600W HPS/MH lights in a cool tube that I run. I use two two bulb four foot lights in the front and back of my SCROG. They come on a half hour before the main lights (trying to simulate sunrise) and go off a half hour after the mains go off to simulate dusk. Got a pretty good haul outta the last run, but not near as big as Mama Nature does outside.
Can't wait to see the fruits of your labor!

Hey Jan... got the new light eh? well good luck. I start out around 24 to 30" above the plants at 75% power.. after a week if no signs of stress, lower it down to 20, then down to 18".. Some run them right down on the plants really late in flower.. for now, 24 to 18" ...

I really think you should run it on Veg until you see hairs, then run both cycles for 2wks, then flip to flowering...

Your plants look great, healthy and the bottoms are really beginning to wake up. Do you know about FIM cutting Jan? You simply gather up the top of the plant and cut it all that leaf material in half... as the plant mends this area it sends it's growing energy towards other parts of the plant for a few weeks allowing the bottom branches to fill in better... you can then FIM cut each growing shoot to get the branches to fill out..

I cannot wait to see how your projects come along with the fem seed making... go gettem girl..
No but I will do some you tube-in on this method. This sounds like something I can handle. Thanks

Where is Carty, I dont think he loves us like he use too..........
Oh Carty where you be .
1703857646478.png

Where is Carty, I dont think he loves us like he use too..........
Oh Carty where you be .
View attachment 349869
Don't fret bro.. this is my home and your never getting rid of me. Carty deals with depression during the holidays caused by my screwed up selfish family.. never hear from anyone, 4 siblings, Dad... nobody has anything to do with us because of us being disabled... and it gets to me every year...

Therapy over... family sucks and can let you down like no other... hehe. My wife says, their loss... still.
Ok fim training is the same as topping. These are autos. I do not top autos.
Not True on both cases, sorry Jan. FIM cutting is NOT topping...
Topping is: Removing the very inner growth causing a split, some even remove the entire top and make it into a cutting..
F.I.M. - F_CK I Missed. Discovered by accident when a grower was leaf trimming and using long scissors snipped the branch tips of the next branch by accident. thinking he screwed up but kinda had to let it go, he watched the results create branching to take off at each node region as the plant repaired itself...
FIM cutting is the act of, gathering up the tips of the top shoot and cutting it all in half while never removing the inner growth.. this doesn't result in the splitting a topping causes...
what it does cause is, the plant to transfer it's energy to other areas of the plant while it mends these cuts.. and boy oh boy does it work and I do it all the time to Autos...

And yes, even top them sometimes, mostly if a Sativa hybrid... or, here I topped my Beast Mode auto..
Beast Mode d.jpg
Beast Mode.jpg

I have seen a friend top and up pot them with great results.....
I saw it with me own eyes .....
Was it me.... hahahaha

No but I will do some you tube-in on this method. This sounds like something I can handle. Thanks
YouTube, I love that place.. talk about a resource for almost everything huh? I'm teaching myself acrylic painting watching teachers on youtube. One does step by step almost a 2hr painting...

Look for this old hippie.. wish I knew his name, he takes posts of grows people put up and reviews them usually telling us and the grower what he's done wrong and how to improve his situation. everything I've ever heard him say is right, and some growers he really slams too... don't brag about junk I reckon.. lol.

FIM cutting helps stop plants with to much stretch and not filling out that well... otherwise not needed.

Have you read up on Supercropping or pinching the stems... all your commercial growers use this technique to increase yields. you do it to each growth with a bud on the branch... done correctly the plant explodes aboce the pinched area... I do this to every plant I grow..

Happy New Year you wonderful people.. please, nobody drink and drive tonight.. many towns are offering free taxi rides, free buses.. not worth it. Besides, your brother won't get to mad you barfed on his couch will he... hahaha...

I'm actually gonna have a drink or 2 this evening. Used to party hard, but stop drinking even casually about 22yrs ago.. just never my thing.. Sooo, 2 drinks I'll be pretty buzzed.. hehe.
Football is our schedule today.. My Ravens play Miami and hope to get some revenge on the ass whooping they put on us game 1.
My wife's teams play each other, Chiefs vs Bengals.... loves both teams, but bleeds Bengals...
My step mom's Packers play the Vikings and I love the Vikings, sorry mom... and I have to face her at lunch tomorrow.. my step mom for 18yrs, Dad screwed her over 28yrs ago and we are still best buds..

So Have a great night, have a blast... be safe.. Carty.
1 Love

Happy New Year you wonderful people.. please, nobody drink and drive tonight.. many towns are offering free taxi rides, free buses.. not worth it. Besides, your brother won't get to mad you barfed on his couch will he... hahaha...

I'm actually gonna have a drink or 2 this evening. Used to partyMerry hard, but stop drinking even casually about 22yrs ago.. just never my thing.. Sooo, 2 drinks I'll be pretty buzzed.. hehe.
Football is our schedule today.. My Ravens play Miami and hope to get some revenge on the ass whooping they put on us game 1.
My wife's teams play each other, Chiefs vs Bengals.... loves both teams, but bleeds Bengals...
My step mom's Packers play the Vikings and I love the Vikings, sorry mom... and I have to face her at lunch tomorrow.. my step mom for 18yrs, Dad screwed her over 28yrs ago and we are still best buds..

So Have a great night, have a blast... be safe.. Carty.
1 Love
Merry New Years Carty

I am afraid I bombed on the fem seeds. I think I only see male. I must have gotten tricked by a late bloomer😭. IDK but all I see is balls. I guess another one bites the dust🤬

Attachments

• IMG_2682.jpeg
    IMG_2682.jpeg
    864 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2680.jpeg
    IMG_2680.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2679.jpeg
    IMG_2679.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2659.jpeg
    IMG_2659.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2656.jpeg
    IMG_2656.jpeg
  • IMG_2657.jpeg
    IMG_2657.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2654.jpeg
    IMG_2654.jpeg
  • IMG_2655.jpeg
    IMG_2655.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I see a few hair that could be pistils. My first time doing it so not really sure. Maybe someone that has made fems will chime in. I may wait a few days to trash it. But imo I bombed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back