Drunken Seed Gets Lucky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are stretching, raise 'em

Umm how do you raise plants closer to the sun? :p Just curious.

If I would have kept reading I would have seen Hippy's comment, original text left for posterity.

Tater said:
Umm how do you raise plants closer to the sun? :p Just curious.

If I would have kept reading I would have seen Hippy's comment, original text left for posterity.

Lol, you could hang them in a tree or something.:hubba:

any more pics yet hippy???:peace:
and you can always stick em on a cherrypicker to reach for the light :rofl:

wheres that drunken little sailor? lol, hey my friend, good luck here,man , seeing that snow ran me some shivers, see you hippy.:)

Hic, wheres my drunk buddy?

Hi guys

Just a quick update as to how the beer baby is getting on, bear in mind it shouldnt even be alive yet and the weather here is appauling with very little sunshine, pics 1 and 2 are as the plant is now (the plant is dark green but I had to use a flash and it made it look pale), plus I got bored and started a few Lowryders as well :hubba:
The Lowryders will stretch and give a below yeild, but what the hell, its fun ;)

well hippy for something that shouldnt be here yet she sure has a presence
how old are the lowryders?:peace:

2 are 2 weeks, 3 are 3 weeks and the last 2 are 4 weeks, im not expecting huge yields from the Lowryders at this time of year, I 'conveyor belt' the Lowryders all season so im harvest almost every 2 weeks, the start of the year and end of the year with Lowryders produce small yeilds, any yeild is good yeild ;)

Wow looking good, she's doing well considering the start. Keep on growin!

Hi guys

Just a quick update.

The Beer baby is no longer a baby :eek: , I was getting signs of stress exactly like I did last year, as these are the same bag seeds from last year I knew exactly what it was, root bound, so it has been re potted into a 3 gallen pot (after this pot has been out grown the plant goes directly in the greenhouse soil), simple easy proceedure but I thought I would show it just incase someone would like to learn how its done, the plant is 22 inches tall from soil to tip, this has now been alive since 13 of February, the longest day in the UK is 21st of June, 3 weeks later it will sex (at this point the plant has been in veg 5.5 months :shocked: ), 10 weeks of flowering and harvest mid October, the plant will then be 8 months old :holysheep:

:holysheep: its certainly out of nappies its going to be huge :eek:
looking good tho :peace:

I like the grow! You should get enough bud for your own personal consumption, I'm sure. :)

this is a really funny thread HIE :rofl: best of luck to your little alchy!!

considered giving it a shot of beer in with the nutes ??

Awesome I love this thread. That is a really good way of repoting a plant as well I never thought of using the smaller pot to create the hole to put the plant in. Thanks for the idea mang.

Quick update...

All the Lowryders are dead (slug and snails), I knew there was a chance of them being eaten and I checked twice daily removing all and every little slime balls I could find, but I cant watch every hour of the day, so the paving slabs have now been salted and all woodwork painted with a mixture of 1 part flour and 2 parts salt mixed with water to make a salt 'paint', this is painted on all surfaces from the ground to 6 inches above ground, trust me, this stops slugs and snails sliding up the surface to plants kept above soil level :hubba:

So the battle has commenced

Anyway, back to the update..

Picture 1, beer baby as she is (31 inches tall), 3-5 days and she will be strong enough to go directly in the ground, the ground is all prepaired with compost and ive added micro nutes to the soil as well.

Picture 2, I was given free seeds from Doc Chronic calles Critically Smashed, I soaked 5 seeds in kitchen paper and all 5 germed.

Picture 3, out of 5 Critically Smashed 4 are deformed with odd shaped tops and 3 even have a leaf missing! (it looks like the freebies are genetically unstable and more than likely turn hermie on me) :shocked:

Picture 4, More Lowryders on the go, these are exactly the same age, on the left is Lowryder#2 and on the right is Diesel Ryder, the Diesel are growing faster (yes I know they are stretching, im growing in a place where the sun is shy)

Picture 5, pics of L/R and Diesel again.

Picture 6, Diesel Ryders are new on the market, this plant keeps growing back into the soil, twice ive had to take it out the pot and re position it so the leaves are up but it still insists on curling over and trying to put its leaves under the soil, very odd thing to see, when I lift the sprout out of the soil to get the leaves up the whole seedling is spiral in shape just curling over and over itself (could be a genetic flaw)

Picture 7, 3 Lowryder#2, front is 2 weeks, middle is 8 days back is 3 days.

Picture 8 My baby Beefsteak Tomato plant just for something different to look at lol

awesome, that things going to be beautiful. I can't believe it turned into that.

sorry to hear about your loss hippy, U still have one standing nice and tall, who says drunks fall down?

should maKe for an interesting summer?

I'm pulling up a chair!:watchplant:

Latest posts

Back