Drunken Seed Gets Lucky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okiedokie, time for a bit of an update, not that much is happening, everything is just getting bigger!

Very healthy plants apart from 3, I got some free seeds and gave them a go, Critically Smashed (2) are growing odd and look very ill, but strangely enough they are my biggest small plants, 30 inches tall each and 12 inches wide, the other odd cranky one is a Durban Poison, (free seeds again) 20 inches tall.

Picture 1 is a lowryder ready in a week or 2, if you grow lows dont wait hoping for amber, they do not appear, all that happens is your bud will die or go mouldy, trust me on this!

Picture 2 is the same plant, full of cloudy trich's.

Picture 3 is the trich's blossoming and swelling, this may be a week to harvest and not 2 weeks, the sign to look for is the lower leaves yellowing, that signifies that it is a week to 10 days to harvest, no food, just water.

Picture 4 is a few plants on the side bench of my greenhouse.

Picture 5 is the top cola site of the Beer baby, its time to bend it yet again.

Picture 6 is the Cherry M, very late start, looking good, 11 inches tall, stretching, but thats the way I grow, its all left to nature :) and thats how I like it.

Picture 7 is looking up from the floor under the Beer baby, a wonderful sight, all green and healthy looking up, it gives an odd sense of understanding how low leaves struggle for light, it explains why a lot go yellow, nature even in death is beautiful.

Picture 8 is to show Bud.Uncle that he is not alone and I have the same, its a Critically Smashed plant, the only one in my flock to be affected.

Picture 9 may interest you Bud.uncle, I found 4 of these on the Critically Smashed plant, no other plants, why would this insect choose that 1 plant only, thinking cap on again.

Picture 10 is the insect.

picture 11 is the Critically Smashed.

Picture 12 is the Durban Poison not effected by the leaf problem and insect, that said, it has has its own issues.

Its all fun :)

By the way, ive just measured my Beer baby, she is confined and against glass so cannot move outwards but can sideways and inwards, she is 5ft 9 inches long, (this is a bent plant made to lay on its side and has a steep curve in its bend, my guestimation is its over 8ft tall at the moment, it is 4ft 3 inches wide and in encroaching onto to my work bench, and even though its laying on its side being bent over the branches are 5ft 11 inches tall!!, how the hell am I supposed to control this monster frikkin thing, its big, I mean big big, its solid mass, I've never had this problem before, and to tell the truth it was purely accidental, and an accident has taken up so much of my time and energy, its been pure and utter pleasure, I grew a plant in the snow, not many can say that.

t 1.JPG

t 2.jpg

t 2a.jpg

t 3.JPG

t 5.JPG

t 6 cm.jpg

t 7.JPG

t 8.JPG

t 8a.jpg

t 9 C Smashed.JPG

t 10 dp.JPG

t 11 dp leaf.JPG

The bug thing is odd, it only effects 1 plant, I have 20 plants in the gtreenhouse, but that 1 and that only is attacked, the plant is from free seeds sent by the Doc, OK free is free, and I only ordered seeds I wanted, so its my fault for growing them, the thing we need to understand is ..... theyare free for a reason ;)

Some free will grow bad, some will not germ, some will die early, some attract insects, the latter is how my mind is working .... but I also think this .... if they eat 1 plant to death, all my others survive, if this is the case, I WILL grow the same plant next year to be a bug trap plant, a bit like a sticky tape catching insects.

Plus im still curious as to what its buds grow like.

Hippy,
when i used to put in a large vedgetable garden i always grew brussel sprouts and cabbage for the ants to have their aphid farms in. Trap plants are benificial if you have pests. I never thot of that happening with MJ tho. Your green house looks great!

Hippy, things are lookin great! Whats happening is I think the thing creating the necrotic patches is the bug so grab yourself some live ladybug from HTGsupply.com! That will solve the problem. Remember you are the MAN Hippy, you grow that critically smashed LOL!

My nute troubleshooter says this:

6) Tips of leaves are yellow, brown, or dead. Plant otherwise looks healthy & green. Stems may be soft >> Over-fertilization (especially N), over-watering, damaged roots, or insufficient soil aeration (use more sand or perlite. Occasionally due to not enough N, P, or K. If not, go to #7.

7) Leaves are curled under like a ram's horn, and are dark green, grey, brown, or gold. >> Over-fertilization (too much N). If not, go to #8…

8) The plant is wilted, even though the soil is moist. >> Over-fertilization, soggy soil, damaged roots, disease; copper deficiency (very unlikely).( B ) If not, go to #9.

9) Plants won't flower, even though they get 12 hours of darkness for over 2 weeks. >> The night period is not completely dark. Too much nitrogen. Too much pruning or cloning.

CREDIT: Ice Canna (Dutchbreed breeder)

Seems to mee like you needed maybe to flush the plant just a little before flower and then start adding a bloom formula. Keep in mind this bloom formula neeeds to start being applied about a week before flowers start to appear. You might have too much nitrogen holding the plant back from flower. Let me know how this goes, I'm looking forward to HUUUGE colas!

hippy the beer baby/monster is truley wonderfull ,,,cannot think of a better sight to greet you each morning in the greenhouse:48:

Hippy I too have that same bug on my plants. Glassy-Winged Sharpshooter
Homalodisca coagulata It is one of the main vectors of the bacterium Xylella fastidiosa, a plant pathogen that causes a variety of plant diseases.
k9664-1_lg.jpg

Is this what is on your plant? They say its a native species where I live but I think he may be an invasive species where you live. Lemme know.

The one on his plant looks like its in the nymph stage. If its an insect it has six legs.

FLA Funk said:
The one on his plant looks like its in the nymph stage. If its an insect it has six legs.

Mosquitos and grasshoppers are one two examples of 4 legged insects. There are also many more. Hippy do you know how many legs it has? 4 or 6?

Getting giant!

Time for another bend, this is the second hard love ive had to give her, its simply too big for my greenhouse :rofl:

Picture 1 is the top of the branches touching the roof.

Picture 2 is the start of the bend, the branches are thick and its difficult to bend, so I had to do it gently, this is the start of the bend.

Picture 3 is the next day bending further down, today I will bend even further.

Picture 4 is showing how large she is, branches pressed against the glass and its now impossible to take a pic inside the greenhouse and get all the plant in shot.

Picture 5 is showing a few other plants, 4 Lowryders are almost ready (about a week to harvest) so I will soon have a little more space.

2 droop 5.JPG

2 g bend.JPG

2 droop 6.JPG

2 g bend 2.jpg

2 g bend bench.JPG

Picture 1 shows a low branch with a problem, Ive been watching it for a couple of days and it got no better, so Ive removed it.

Picture 2 is the problem branch closer.

Picture 3 is the branch removed and poked into a scrap bit of garden, it was dipped in rooting hormone and the bark scraped, so if it roots it may survive, if not, its only the loss of 1 branch.

Picture 4, I searched all over the branch to find why it seemed to start dying and all I could find was this, no damage to the branch anywhere and it was firmly attached to the main plant so it wasnt a cracked stem join.

2 droop.JPG

2 droop 2.JPG

2 droop 3.JPG

2 droop 4.jpg

Ouch, while taking the dying branch off I accidently bent a thin branch :shocked:

Picture 1 shows the damage.

Piture 2 shows a 2 inch section of a plastic drinking straw.

Picture 3 is the straw section cut down its middle.

Picture 4 shows the straw wrapped around the bent branch and held closed with celotape, this is like a splint and will hold the branch straight, this will protect the branch and let it heal, the straw is not tight against the branch, it slides up and down the branch freely yet snugly to give support, in 1 weeks time I will remove the straw support and show you how the plant has healed itself.

2 g damage.JPG

2 g damage 1.JPG

2 g damage 2.JPG

2 g damage 3.JPG

This is a visitor

Picture 1, 2 and 3 are the insect at different angles.

Picture 4 is just to show that some people can grow beef steaks ;)

Picture 5 is my Discovery apple tree about to fall over, its been tilting further and further each year, we do not eat the apples, so when it topples im having a bonfire :rofl:

2 g insect.JPG

2 g insect 2.jpg

2 g insect 3.jpg

2 g tom.JPG

2 droop 7.JPG

Latest posts

Back