First Grow Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxkmanxx

Reaction score
i planted a bunch of seeds in seperate party cups outdoors April 30th. I used dirt from the ground, its pretty crappy dirt, but I plan to transplant them into the ground and put good soil in it.

Heres pics of the plants i took 5/18

518-1.jpg

518-2.jpg

and heres the plants at 5/20. so when should i transplant em to the ground, how tall should they be when i transplant em? The taller plant, it has some spots on its leaves idk why, what could be wrong with it. I've jus been watering it.

520-1.jpg

520-2.jpg

okay i went to Homedepot and Walmart to check out which soils they have. I was planning on using Fox Farms, but the only place that carries it is like 40 mins away. I check it on the Fox Farms website. The soils that i saw that looked decent were Scotts Premium Top Soil and Organic Choice Garden Soil. and also should i get some perlite, im going to be transplanting my plants into the ground. I just want the best for my babies. So what do you guys think?

thanks

update: took 2 pics today.....theyre looking pretty good......jus wondering when i should start using fertilizer......thanks

Picture006.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Looking pretty good. Look like they are getting plenty of light. As far as the fertilizer question, it depends if the soil you are using had any fertilizer in it and how the plants are doing.

no the soil doesn't have any fertilizer in it from the start.

Updtae: took 2 pics today.....and i also bought some Miracle Grow All Purpose fertilizer. 24-15-10 i think......i dont really remember the exact NPK, but i think its perfect for Veg.

Picture005.jpg

Picture002.jpg

oh and i forgot to ask.....when do you guys think it'll start showing it's sex, cause i want to get rid of the males as soon as possible.....thanks

They look gorgeous. They will probably sex in the July-August range. Depending on where you are located and such.

yeah, just set your mind to getting them to that stage first. cross that hurdle when you come to it. you could flower cuttings indoors, which is what im doing. if not then like TSI says itll be late july-august.

good luck 85CANNABLISS

could i clone some plants right now? or should i wait til it gets bigger? cause i wanna have a decent amount of females growing....

thanks

I would wait a little while before I did some cloning. But, thats just me.

yeah ill wait til they get bigger, and I'm prob gonna start using ferts in like middle or end of june. depends how big they get, but i got a question about cloning.....

i wanna try to clone a few plants once i find out the sex.....but im not too sure.....will it grow fast with rooting solution or something? since its gonna be starting to grow late.....the clones prob wont keep up with the others.....since its starting late......whatever tho.....more plants means more buds at the end......and i know you you need a lot of moisture....so i was thinking of doing it outside with like a clear soda bottle over the plant to keep the moisture....would this work, and i guess i would take the cap off the top since would it like suffocate, and would it still be good for the moisture?

and i heard that sunlight is bad for cloning....so should i try to put it somewhere where it gets indirect sunlight.....like in the woods or something?

thanks

Crazy Composer's Soil Cloning Method

okay.....im a little worried for my babies cause its raining outside....been raining for a while.....hopefully they don't drown....ill check em out tomorrow if i can....

okay thanks man....ill check on em tomorrow.....ill get more pics for u guys.

Your clones wont keep up with your plants, because they are too far behind. But, they should produce nicely. Yes, direct sunlight is bad for clones. You want to set them in a shady, cool area until they pick themselves back up. When you first do the clone they will look they are going to die and fall over but if you give them a couple days they will come back and start growing some roots. Good luck. :)

TheStickyIcky said:
Your clones wont keep up with your plants, because they are too far behind. But, they should produce nicely. Yes, direct sunlight is bad for clones. You want to set them in a shady, cool area until they pick themselves back up. When you first do the clone they will look they are going to die and fall over but if you give them a couple days they will come back and start growing some roots. Good luck. :)

okay cool....and ive heard people use many different rooting solutions like the gel and the powder.....which should i use, and what brand is best to use?

thanks

I use clonex powder and it has never failed me yet, but thats the only thing I have experience with.

Latest posts

Back