First Grow Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah this sux big time.....u think they'll survive? if i keep the basterds away?

They might still survive. A few looked like they were eaten pretty good though. You might not like this idea but if you take a crap around your grow it will keep the deer away. So like...bring a roll of TP and drop a deuce each time you check them. You can also put hair around the grow area to help keep them away. Filling a milk jug about halfway with piss and poking holes in it to release the smell also works.

For bugs, you can do the soap/pepper sprays to control them.

i found this recipe

Guru's Homemade Insecticide:
1 tsp antibacterial dish soap
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp ground clove
1 close minced garlic
per gallon of water

would this help with all bugs, even moths and ****?

does shaved bar soap help with deers i also hear coyote or fox piss works too....where can i find animal piss? they sell em in stores, like home depot or walmart, or would i have a better chance finding animal piss at like plant nurseries? .....i rather not drop a duce near my plants.... :)

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:
They might still survive. A few looked like they were eaten pretty good though. You might not like this idea but if you take a crap around your grow it will keep the deer away. So like...bring a roll of TP and drop a deuce each time you check them. You can also put hair around the grow area to help keep them away. Filling a milk jug about halfway with piss and poking holes in it to release the smell also works.

For bugs, you can do the soap/pepper sprays to control them.

fill a milk jug halfway wit piss, damn. I'm gonna have to start drinking a lot.... :)

okay so a friend of mine is growing a couple of plants indoors, popular named strains.....he knows a decent amount about growing.....he said hell sell me clones and root them for me......but what i want to know, is it bad or harder to grow outside, since they were from indoors.....i dont know why it would be, but i had to ask.

thanks

The only problem is since the clones were grown indoors when you put them outside they will sex and wont grow much more in the Vegetative state.

piss around your plants and pour soured milk. Then go get some seven dust and use it.

okay....some more bad news......more deer or some animal got to the last of the big plants.....so i bought some irish spring bar soap and put shavings of a whole bar of it around my plants.....and i plan on trying to get some animal piss (what place would sell this, a hunting store?)....and somone told me to try this.....put dirty smelly piss soaked sock on a stick in the middle of the crop. they said it works.....ill give it a try. and i need to get some chicken wire soon.

thanks

i tried finding chicken wire.....but i found this blastic fence.....i think it'll work....got 7' ones.....and some wooden posts......my question is how should i make like a way to get in without like cutting the fence.....i put like twisty ties connecting 2 ends.....but it still sux getting in......and should i like get something to keep the fence attatched to the ground so nothing can sneak under it?

Thanks

Pics:

Picture005-4.jpg

Picture006-4.jpg

Oh my jesus. Dude, your plants are going to get found by someone. If its not the police, it will be someone else that will steal them. :( This is exactly why people get robbed/go to prison for cultivating. STEALTH, man. STEALTH.

the plants are really deep in a grassy field......no one ever goes here.....

You REALLY dont know that. You would be surprised where hunters go. And if not hunters, how about helicopters? If Heli's get within a mile of that they are going to get found. You might as well put some flags up saying that you grow.

Haha, not trying to scare you.. but thats what a lot of people say.. if your 100% sure no one will ever find them, then your fine.. any doubts, id honestly think of moving them somewhere more hidden.. take care

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12340&page=2

Look at post #24 and see where his plants are. Look at my post #36 and see that I said the same thing to him. Guess what? He thinks someone found his plants. Now, mind you I'm not a psychic but I can tell you that you can't put a patch of MJ in the middle of a wide open field. You have even built a fence around them. Anybody that sees those Tobbacco Sticks from across the field is going to say HMMM...Whats that? And then make their way over there. And if a Copter flys over, they are MOST DEFINITELY found. You never know who is walking where in the woods/fields.

So, for future reference you need to find a more discreet place to put them. Also, you don't put a fence up unless you are on your own property close to your house or you know they aren't going to be found because of it. And don't clear out all of the vegetation and undergrowth in between and around your plants (Don't make a big dirtspot). You want it to grow up and look natural.

The key to successfully growing outdoors is stealth. Don't leave paths, don't leave trash (water jugs, etc), don't put your plants in the wide open. I have found people's plants for all three of those reasons. You will never be able to see any of my plants unless you are within 5 or so feet of them. I have an old piece of a fence that I found near where I was going to be planting and used it for 4 of my plants. But, My plants are in the middle of a blackberry thicket. The fence is 4ft. tall and the blackberry bushes are already pushing 7 feet. There is no way that fence will have anything to do with them getting found. Additionally, the only way to get to my plant spot is to walk down a huge log about 30ft. My other plants are equally as hard to get to and find. You have to walk down a rocky ravine about 100yds and then cut off of it and go around a very grown up field. Those are so hard to find that it takes me a few minutes to find them in that field everytime I go to them.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, man. Just a few pointers...

Hey there xxkmanxx,
The StickyIcky is 100% right on the money about stealth. Long ago I learned about brambles, and yeah they are great for protecting and hiding your grow, heck the leaves are even sorta close you know ?
I am retired now, but still use my ticket in aviation. I fly both rotary and fixed wing, and chase aerobatics, (rotary is getting too expensive), but I gaurentee that I could fund just about anything I wanted just off the crops that I see all the time. I joke you not dude, a simple topography map and a red marker for the grid co-ordinates, and the right time in budding, and dude I would be in some serious cash, but that's not my thing. I don't rip any human period, nuff folks doing each other dirty to last me a life time.
I'm sure you got a total green thumb dude, and your love for those babies is evident, but you need to reason through that whole concept of stealth, or your gonna end up with a knick name like betty, (if you catch my drift)
Camouflage like planting on the south side of another tall bush can do wonders as for hiding or helping to hide. From your photo, I could spot that grow from the air on a clear day flying as high as 3500 altitude and as far away as 1/2 mile, and yep my mind would go hmmmm what's that ? and only take a moment to turn around and go for a look see.
Lots of cool folks here are great at stealth growing and can teach you some seriously cool stuff. Take advantage of it bro.

good luck
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

xxkmanxx said:
does shaved bar soap help with deers :)

Quick answer? NO, Nope, and Negative. I heard that 5 years ago and hung many sorry-looking bars of the soap recommended- IRISH SPRING- many laughs for more savvy gardeners who visited, and apparently, the deer had me on too.

I swear on an American product, foliar fertilizer called BOBEX. They should be paying me, but they're really not. Check out this thread for the deer debate:

Caveat for the little fellar below: The image is copyrighted by the Walt Disney Co and is used here without permision for nonprofit entertainment purposes only.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13668

abambi12.jpg

KingKahuuna said:
I'm sure you got a total green thumb dude, and your love for those babies is evident, but you need to reason through that whole concept of stealth, or your gonna end up with a knick name like betty, (if you catch my drift)
KingKahuuna

:rofl: Or "Turk's girlfriend," or "Bubba's wife."

update: i fertilized this one and it grew fast.....and my friend got some seeds....gonna try to grow a few more since deer attacked this grow. and i took a pic today:

Picture020-1.jpg

okay a got more seeds im gonna start germinating them soon in wet paper towel. Is it too late to plant em outdoors? i also took a pics yesterday.

thanks

theyre destroyed again.....and i dont think its animals this time.....cause its like fresh straight cuts.....no bite marks or anything.....idk im gonna look for another area to plant in....cause i got more seeds.

Latest posts

Back