newbie grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome Fiction. you should be packin' on the bud soon enough.

Hey Fiction, those are some nice happy lookin plants man, they'll be packin on the bud in no time :p

Well im at week six of my grow. I've been in bloom for 2 weeks. One problem tho, I made the mistake of letting my plants get too tall (the biggest one is now 3 feet tall), should have cropped them before switching to bloom. I wasn't expecting to get all females even though I used feminized seeds so I figured I'd have space after discovering some males, but thats not the case so as you can see from the pics below light is barely penetrating them. I started out with nine and gave one away to a friend to make space I may juss get rid of 2 more to make space. conflicted lol. other than that everything is going great, I've got my temps n humidity under control n eveythin good. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can improve on the light/space situation It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Peace!:D

fixed1.jpg

fixed2.jpg

you have some very beautiful ladies, but im afraid with your setup you will have to get rid of a few more. where did you get your seeds?

Whats up Fiction. Yup sounds like you might have to get rid of a few more to make room. Why did you expect to get some males with femanized seeds? Anyway they are looking great and you are doing a great job keep it up.

Darktide said:
you have some very beautiful ladies, but im afraid with your setup you will have to get rid of a few more. where did you get your seeds?
Thanks for the feedback tide....yeh i've gotten rid of more plants now theirs enough space..i got my seeds from dr. chronic.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up Fiction. Yup sounds like you might have to get rid of a few more to make room. Why did you expect to get some males with femanized seeds? Anyway they are looking great and you are doing a great job keep it up.
Thanks TBG...I thought i was gonn have males from feminzed seeds because I didnt have my temps under control and heard all these things about feminized seeds bein vulnerable to stress n all that. either way everything is goin ok..i've gotten rid of more plants and now am down to 6 in a 9 sq foot area.

Ok so if you've been followin my journal you'd know im havin problems with spacin for my plants. So i decided to set up another 400w hps in the tiny hallway between the bathroom n the closets lol..My plan is to move half my plants into that area durin their light period them move them back into the hydrohut for their dark period. I also tied down my largest plant to try and spare some space. Here's some pics...tell me wha u think. Thanks!

fixed1.jpg

fixed2.jpg

fixed3.jpg

Whats up Fiction. The ladies are looking great. I don't think it will hurt putting them in another area for flower as long as ya get them back in the dark on time. ;)

Thanks for the feedback tbg. I couldnt cope with gettin rid of anymore of my ladies so i had to make it happen lol

I dont think I could have coped with you loss either if you had to let a few more ladies go, good choice on getting another place setup. They are going to be huge..

Dr.GreenThumb said:
I dont think I could have coped with you loss either if you had to let a few more ladies go, good choice on getting another place setup. They are going to be huge..

Thanks for the feedback doc. I wont be lettin go anymore of my ladies.:D

Only thing i was going to ask you is how do you vent the closet when the light is on? Do you leave the door open?

Edit: Nevermind i'm high and just read your post again, they are not in the closet.

Seven weeks now...3rd week of flowering and their starting to bud! The second hps I set up for them is working out. Here's some pics. Lots of white hairs and a couple are turning orange.

fixed1.jpg

fixed3.jpg

fixed4.jpg

fixed 2.jpg

fixed 5.jpg

The ladies are looking great Fiction. I see they didn't miss a beat by putting them in the other room. Your doing a great job man keep it up. ;)

Hey man that's a really good grow you got going, i've really been intrested in growing that strawberry cough, did you buy it directly from dutch passion over the internet or from this site or another like MP. I guess you could say iim pretty paranoid about buying over the internet into the states. also you bought from toronto seed bank (maybe you live in canada and you just pick em up that way) Well anyways that would be cool if you let me know about how to get my hands on some good seeds.:p

Fiction, I'm curious, what's the percentage of Indica/Sative in that strain?

Latest posts

Back