newbie grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boxintype said:
Fiction, I'm curious, what's the percentage of Indica/Sative in that strain?

80%sativa 20%Indica if im not mistaken.

So I let our plants grow too tall (3-3.5 feet) And my Largest plants got way too close to the bulb and their fan leaves got toasted. Other than that the buds are looking really nice n crystally. here's some group pics and pics of the damage. enjoy ;)

fixed1.jpg

fixed2.jpg

fixed3.jpg

fixed4.jpg

fixed5.jpg

sorry guys i havent updated in forever..Alot has happened since then. My plants are lookin less than great..I'll make an update tonight.

It all began about two weeks ago. I began to notice some yellowing on the lower leaves and burns on the top fan leaves, it was right after I ran out of the bloom nutes I was using (fox farms Big Bloom) I got new nutes from a local hydro store. So kinda nonorganic 2 part nutes. I fed them once and the problem got alot worse. So I decided to leech them all out. I ran 9 gallons of water through each 3 gallon pot. I then waited a few days for any changes. The problem didnt seem to get better although it didnt get any worse. I let the promix dry out again and gave them a just water. It seemed to help a little but the damage was already done. And this is what I'm left with. I believe what caused all these problems was heat stress (temps topped out at 87), Nutrient Burn from the new nutes, and them being to close to the lamps. I just hope I can still pull them through the last few weeks of flowering. I'm not sure what I should do about all the fried leaves so i just left most of them on. Here's some pics. Any feedback/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

fixed.jpg

fixed2.jpg

fixed3.jpg

Whats up Fiction. It looks like a case of nute burn to me. I would give them a serious flush.

I noticed its SAT dominant in your previous post.
How far along are you? If into the last 2 weeks or so. I'd quit with the ferts and stick with straight water until harvest (you flushed it out already). Leave the burnt leaves on. gonna be trimmed shortly anyway. You can trim the burn off if ya want, but you want all the plants energy focusing on the buds not repairing cuts. I quit water completely the last week anyway myself.
Good luck dude, I wouldn't sweat it too much, got some nice colas there. :D

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up Fiction. It looks like a case of nute burn to me. I would give them a serious flush.

Whas up TBG? Yeh I figured that was the problem too. I flushed them out and hopfully I can pull them through. Thanks for the feedback man. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Hey Mutt. I'm 7.5 weeks in. I have quit with the nutes for the last two waterings and dont plan on giving them any more. So i'll let everyone know how it turns out. Thanks for all the help everyone
Mutt said:
I noticed its SAT dominant in your previous post.
How far along are you? If into the last 2 weeks or so. I'd quit with the ferts and stick with straight water until harvest (you flushed it out already). Leave the burnt leaves on. gonna be trimmed shortly anyway. You can trim the burn off if ya want, but you want all the plants energy focusing on the buds not repairing cuts. I quit water completely the last week anyway myself.
Good luck dude, I wouldn't sweat it too much, got some nice colas there.

sorry i've been MIA for awhile. Juss a quick update. I've wrapped up my first grow. Yielded only about 2.5 ounces. Been curing for the last 2 weeks. Strawberry Cough is a great high. Very mellow long lasting heady high. I want to thank everyone on the forum for all the help n knowledge they shared. Im already in the process of modifyin my setup and fittin it with an aeroponic 6 plant system. Also germing some Blueberry Skunk seeds. Heres a few pics of the crops enjoy. I'll be startin a new journal shortly. Peace!

fixed.jpg

fixed2.jpg

It looks like good bud, bro! Each time you should get better, so this is a great starting point. The nuggets look great!

It's always great news when harvest time comes around. ;) You did one hell of a great job on this grow and look foward to your next. Enjoy the harvest man you deserve it.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
It's always great news when harvest time comes around. ;) You did one hell of a great job on this grow and look foward to your next. Enjoy the harvest man you deserve it.
Thanks TBG I couldnt have done it without all you guys help. Special thanks to all the mods. I juss modified the room and added a 300cfm fan and vented hood. Things will be rolling again in about a week. I got 3 strawberry cough clones and 3 blueberry skunk seedlings. WIll keep u guys updated. Thanks again!

real nice i grow room wish i had one. anyway your buds looks good can't wait to see more. hope you can check out my grow and tell what you think.

Fiction said:
Thanks TBG I couldnt have done it without all you guys help. Special thanks to all the mods. I juss modified the room and added a 300cfm fan and vented hood. Things will be rolling again in about a week. I got 3 strawberry cough clones and 3 blueberry skunk seedlings. WIll keep u guys updated. Thanks again!

Awesome!!!! Time for a new grow journal!! (I'll be following it closely)

Congrats, once again!

Latest posts

Back