Subcool's JillyBean...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
Since these are the last beans I germ before I take a break I figured I wld do a side journal....come middle June I am shutting down both tents and taking a break for a while. So what we hve here is 3 beans soaking in water as of tonight...strain is TGA JillyBean by subcool...I hve been wanting to grow out some sub gear for a long time now and I am lucky enough to hve a 10 pack. I am hoping for 2 females and one male...but as long as I get at least 1 female I will be happy..but if I do get 2 females and a male I will most likely pollinate one female for a bean run...

The beans will soak for at least 12 hours and then go right into my Miracle Grow Seed Starter mix in blue solo cups...once they break ground they will go under CFL's till they get their 2nd set of true leaves and then it is off to the veg tent under a 400w HPS. They will be flowered in my flowering tent under a 600w digi in a cool tube. Hopefully I can get them vegged, flowered and harvested by 1st week of June...The wife and I are off to Jamaica at the end of the 2nd week of June and I want to hve everything shutdown by then. I will try and take lots of pics especially once they start flowering...

Well lets get it on....

IMG_0796.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

I am excited to see that strain thanks for posting ham!

2Dog said:
I am excited to see that strain thanks for posting ham!
Doggie I am very excited to be growing these...I hve been wanting to grow a strain of sub's out for a long time now...well who am I kidding I hve wanted to grow out all his strains...:) I was going to go with Pandoras Box but after talking to sub I believe this strain will be exactly what my wife has been looking for.

loolagigi said:
hamster im in. go tga! gatta love a tga grow.

Thanks for poppin in...this is my first TGA grow and I am super stoked...:)

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Im in Ham.... just ordered those jillies myself so i cant wait to see them go... im sure they are in good hands...

Thanks for the vote of confidence JAAM...I hope to do these beans proud...

MindzEye said:
Lets see it dude!! Why are you taking a break?

Look out...ME in the house...:) Thanks for stopin in Bro... I hve been growing for over a year straight now pretty much with no break...I am gettin burnt out a bit and need to close up the tents for a while and figured the summer wld be a good time to do it...this way i don't hve to fight the temps again and I can rest up...charge the batteries. I will fire the tents up again post summer for sure...

Hamster, with the success that you've had with your last grows, i know this one wil be awsome. that jillybean looks o so tasty, i am pullin up my rock and wont be moving for a while.
That jack the ripper has me sold for sure. march 5th is coming quick and im gonna be rocking the subgear soon. I know you said your taking a break from growing for the summer but will you still be on MP? You are a valuable asset to this community and i would hate to see you go during prime growing season...Anyway, heres some green mojo for the new babies!

I was just looking at Subs line-up and thought JillyBean looked interesting and will probably order a pack. I will definately pull up a seat for this one.

4EVR420 said:
Hamster, with the success that you've had with your last grows, i know this one wil be awsome. that jillybean looks o so tasty, i am pullin up my rock and wont be moving for a while.
That jack the ripper has me sold for sure. march 5th is coming quick and im gonna be rocking the subgear soon. I know you said your taking a break from growing for the summer but will you still be on MP? You are a valuable asset to this community and i would hate to see you go during prime growing season...Anyway, heres some green mojo for the new babies!

Thank you for the kind words...I will still be around here...just not growing for the summer...come mid/late August I will fire the tents back up again...:)
Thanks for the mojo...

frogman71 said:
I was just looking at Subs line-up and thought JillyBean looked interesting and will probably order a pack. I will definately pull up a seat for this one.

Thanks for poppin in frogman...plenty of room here...:)

umbra said:
No not really. A little stretchy. At first it didn't look like the buds were going to fill in, just very whispy. Then they filled in nicely. It was good smoke with a nice orange taste...just not enough punch. Compared to the chemdawg you just grew...not going to come close. IMO Everybody is looking for something different. Just not what I was looking for.

Well to be honest the Rez SD x Chemdog DD I just grew is kinda too strong....lol At least for anything other then a nightime before bed smoke...the high is not functional at all for me...I am looking for a Sativa type high without the couch lock...thanks for the info...

Hamster Lewis said:
Well to be honest the Rez SD x Chemdog DD I just grew is kinda too strong....lol At least for anything other then a nightime before bed smoke...the high is not functional at all for me...I am looking for a Sativa type high without the couch lock...thanks for the info...

Well if you dont like it send it this way, I love to smoke myself stupid :)

MindzEye said:
Well if you dont like it send it this way, I love to smoke myself stupid :)

Bro I am sure you hve probably smoked better...you guys in Cali hve access to killer strains...for me this is like getting a taste of what you Cali cats are smoking on a daily basis...I like the smoke it is just not real functional...it does however let me rest well at night...:)

Latest posts

Back